Volkswagen Expansion Talks At Standst...

Volkswagen Expansion Talks At Standstill In Tenn.

There are 66 comments on the National Public Radio story from Apr 8, 2014, titled Volkswagen Expansion Talks At Standstill In Tenn.. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Expansion talks at Volkswagen's lone U.S. plant have ground to a halt amid disagreements about the role of organized labor at the factory in Tennessee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#1 Apr 8, 2014
After corker guaranteed it would happen? When is the Senate going to investigate him for interferring?
Cat74

Plainfield, IL

#2 Apr 8, 2014
Those people would rather work, then be Unionized. It will all work out in the end. It is Tennessee. They still believe in hard work, and they are happier without the Union interference. It isn't like the Northern states where the people would prefer laying around waiting for their freebies.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 8, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Those people would rather work, then be Unionized..
You haven't worked a day in your worthless life.

Location hidden

#4 Apr 8, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
It isn't like the Northern states where the people would prefer laying around waiting for their freebies.
Like Illinois, eh, LyingC*t74?
Cat74

Plainfield, IL

#5 Apr 8, 2014
I'll bet my last tax dollar if the new election is not stacked like Democrats usually do in an election, this company will not join the Communist Union. They have to much confidence in their work, and they already get paid well. One worker interviewed said they don't need another person to negotiate their benefits. I am sure the Union would like new members. More, and more people are declining Union membership.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 8, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
I'll bet my last tax dollar
That would be your first tax dollar... if you were paying for it, Lying C*t74.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#8 Apr 9, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Those people would rather work, then be Unionized. It will all work out in the end. It is Tennessee. They still believe in hard work, and they are happier without the Union interference. It isn't like the Northern states where the people would prefer laying around waiting for their freebies.
Goes to show how uninformed and stupid you are.

Before the initial UAW vote, over half of the employees had signed the petition in favor of unionization you moron / that's how this is done.

Then the republican governor and senator stated, and were proven to have lied by VW themselves, that IF they voted for the union, the new SUV VW is making would be outsourced to Mexico.

Neither the governor nor any other elected official have any right whatsoever to inject their partisanship or influence on a worker related vote / a blatant violation being pursued at the NLRB.

BTW you imbecile - northern states pay the bulk of taxes for leeching red states - a proven fact!

But hey - fantasy private school teachers obviously don't know very much - how's your free healthcare via the taxpayers working out you lying Cnutlips?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#9 Apr 9, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
I'll bet my last tax dollar if the new election is not stacked like Democrats usually do in an election, this company will not join the Communist Union. They have to much confidence in their work, and they already get paid well. One worker interviewed said they don't need another person to negotiate their benefits. I am sure the Union would like new members. More, and more people are declining Union membership.
You clueless about the issue at VW. Management wants a Union
Cat74

Naperville, IL

#10 Apr 9, 2014
I am sure Management wants a Union. Unions have been so fair to Management before. You are delusional. They don't need a Union. Unions have outlived their usefulness. They are nothing more then Democrat out reach organizations. Ask the workers what they want, and let them vote. They already voted once.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#11 Apr 9, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to Cnutlips is an exercise in futility.

A fantasy private school teacher, who's posting here all day, and didn't even know Carter was in the armed forces - her husband she claimed told her.

She's a loser - never proof, just yacking all day the same tired bullshit!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#14 Apr 9, 2014
The union needs to get tough, like at GM, and show VW who's really running the show.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#15 Apr 9, 2014
RustyS wrote:
The union needs to get tough, like at GM, and show VW who's really running the show.
If the union was tough, they'd have the nra sanction corker.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#16 Apr 9, 2014
RustyS wrote:
You can slam GM all you want moron / in the meantime, Toyota just recalled another 6.2 million vehicles!

After paying over 1.2 billion in fines for lying to the NHTSA and the government regarding safety data they purposely withheld.

Funny how you don't bitch at foreign automakers pulling shit like this - you sure don't sound..........what's that word?

Patriotic?
Cat74

Naperville, IL

#17 Apr 9, 2014
We drive one V W, have never had a moment's problem. We had a Chevy once, spent more time I n the shop then in our garage. It must have been a Monday morning car, built by some union thug with a week end hangover. There is one union that stood behind their people, but most just take the money and run.
Bill

Lindenhurst, NY

#18 Apr 9, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
The workers don't.

The Left Coast

#19 Apr 9, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can slam GM all you want moron / in the meantime, Toyota just recalled another 6.2 million vehicles!
After paying over 1.2 billion in fines for lying to the NHTSA and the government regarding safety data they purposely withheld.
Funny how you don't bitch at foreign automakers pulling shit like this - you sure don't sound..........what's that word?
Patriotic?
Hey, I'm an equal opportunity bitcher. At least Toyota recalled them instead of hiding it for 12 years.
By the way, which is more patriotic - buying a Toyota made in the US with Japanese parts or a Chevy made in the US with Mexican and Chinese parts?

Lake Success, N.Y.

#20 Apr 9, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm an equal opportunity bitcher. At least Toyota recalled them instead of hiding it for 12 years.
By the way, which is more patriotic - buying a Toyota made in the US with Japanese parts or a Chevy made in the US with Mexican and Chinese parts?
Really?

The cars Toyota are recalling go as far back as 2004 - have you read? That's 10 years Sparky! Here, really read this - and the link provided;

"Made and sold here
While the Cars.com index uses volume in its calculation, it does so in a flawed way. Wouldn't you rather calculate which vehicles that are made in the U.S. and also sold here? The data ignores that Detroit's Big Three, on average, sell one and a half times as many U.S.-made vehicles into the U.S. market as its foreign counterparts do.

At this point, I decided to scrap the Cars.com index, and I found a much better study done by Prof. Frank DuBois of the Kogod School of Business at American University. This study viewed 253 cars, trucks, and SUVs to determine which had the most domestic content. It took into account labor, R&D, inventory, capital spent, engine parts, transmission parts, body, interior, chassis, electrical, and profits.

Tied at the top of this list, with a score of 88.5 out of a 100, were the Buick Enclave, Chevy Traverse, and GMC Acadia, which were all made in Michigan. Ford's F-Series -- the No. 1 truck in the U.S.-- was tied for second, with the Dodge Avenger at 87.5. Next up were two American muscle icons -- the Mustang and Corvette -- with a score of 85. You have to go down to a score of 81 to find the first foreign vehicle -- the Toyota Avalon. These results are a world away from the Cars.com index, yet, in my opinion, are much more accurate."

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/04...

5 of the top 10 American made cars are in fact American Car companies;

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/10-most-am...

Did you know many VW engines are made in Brazil?

The Left Coast

#21 Apr 9, 2014
Really? I did not know VW engines came from Brazil. I didn't ask how many cars are sold. But evidently you're saying it's more patriotic to buy GM made with Chinese and Mexican parts. Did you find out what the best selling car in the US is?

Lake Success, N.Y.

#22 Apr 9, 2014
RustyS wrote:
Really? I did not know VW engines came from Brazil. I didn't ask how many cars are sold. But evidently you're saying it's more patriotic to buy GM made with Chinese and Mexican parts. Did you find out what the best selling car in the US is?
You can't comprehend? Virtually every manufacturer has parts made in other countries. This is not indigenous to just GM, or Ford.

I'm also not saying it's more patriotic to buy an American car - it's everyone's choice as to which manufacturer builds something they like more.

Don't try twisting words Rusty. Not good.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#23 Apr 9, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriotic?
According to the radio report not one injury occurred form what they are being recalled for. And in the past recall, the progressive media kept the story going for longer then it should have. Nobody at GM knew about the problems. Including the quota appointed president. No one knew about an ignition switch issue and people dying. Blaming key chains....bwhahahaaa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Haslam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov. Haslam proclaims depression, bipolar aware... Oct 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News Auto supplier Denso: $1 billion investment in T... Oct 7 Putins Glock Holster 5
News Governor Haslam, Commissioner Rolfe To Make Eco... Oct 4 jimmyflash 1
News Calsonic Kansei Adding 1,200 Jobs In Tennessee (Sep '13) Sep 20 Knowstomuch 83
News Otics USA expanding Morristown facility (Feb '12) Aug '17 Curious 23
News Same-sex couples sue over Tennessee 'natural me... May '17 Carlos 6
News Governor signs Tennessee a natural and ordinary... May '17 Wondering 2
More from around the web