Hurricane Sandy: 5 things to know

Hurricane Sandy: 5 things to know

There are 10 comments on the CNN story from Oct 28, 2012, titled Hurricane Sandy: 5 things to know. In it, CNN reports that:

People look at the surf as high winds and heavy rain from Hurricane Sandy arrive in Virginia Beach, Virginia, on Sunday, October 28.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Oct 28, 2012
THERE is ONLY "ONE" thing ya NEED to know...and THAT is "to heed the warning signs and take ACTION" and GET THE HECK OUTTA DODGE"!!!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Oct 28, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
THERE is ONLY "ONE" thing ya NEED to know...and THAT is "to heed the warning signs and take ACTION" and GET THE HECK OUTTA DODGE"!!!
Dodge'll be just fine. Turn off your TV.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2012
What we all should do, is stay inside, no matter how calm it seems inside
Border up your windows and doors
and if you are in zone a of newyork, then no matter what, evacuate.
Israel Loves Romney

Springfield, NJ

#4 Oct 28, 2012
N.Y.C. shutdown
all subways, buses down

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#5 Oct 28, 2012
I have limes & Tanqueray.
I have cheeses, some leftover shrimp scampi, a good deal of fresh fruit and a bunch of stuff in the (still working) refrigerator/freezer, including ribeyes.
I got the Stones on the stereo; it's on 11.
The generator and the propane grill are fully fueled.

I'm damn close to the water and in Sandy's path.

It's supposed to start raining any minute now.
I'm stayin'...

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#6 Oct 28, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodge'll be just fine. Turn off your TV.
Just stand by...the TV will go off soon enough, along with everything else. You ain't seen bad, but it's coming. You may think you are a stud, but there's a bad bull coming and if you mess around you will get the horn.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#7 Oct 28, 2012
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
I have limes & Tanqueray.
I have cheeses, some leftover shrimp scampi, a good deal of fresh fruit and a bunch of stuff in the (still working) refrigerator/freezer, including ribeyes.
I got the Stones on the stereo; it's on 11.
The generator and the propane grill are fully fueled.
I'm damn close to the water and in Sandy's path.
It's supposed to start raining any minute now.
I'm stayin'...
Now, the gin and lime sounds great. But, I hope you have extra fuel and propane, bottled or jugs of drinking water, and know that your generator exhaust is going outside away from you and others.
I hope you have planned for three to five days without power. I wish you the best of luck.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#8 Oct 28, 2012
I just realized that this is a South Carolina thead. But, if you are in NY or NJ look out.

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#10 Oct 29, 2012
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, the gin and lime sounds great. But, I hope you have extra fuel and propane, bottled or jugs of drinking water, and know that your generator exhaust is going outside away from you and others.
I hope you have planned for three to five days without power. I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks. Irene came through last year and I was without power for 7 days. It was a truly educational experience.
my left nut says so

Wellsboro, PA

#11 Oct 29, 2012
Category 1 lol. It's going to putter out now that it's core has made landfall on Jersey. You sheeple fell for the weather media blitz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andrew Cuomo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $4 million office renovations will consolidate ... Sat Anthony B 5
News De Blasio says Trump is undermining Constitution Aug 25 PolakPotrafi 8
News Morelle on photonics HQ: "I will not back down" Aug 19 Carlson 7
News Rexford Bridge to see changes starting this fall Aug 18 Dennis S 1
News Governor Cuomo Signs Bill to Protect Youth from... Aug 16 This is stupid 1
News Show Recap 8.11.15 Aug 12 RacistFireCrotchB... 1
News Higher minimum-wage proposals gain ground in Ne... Aug 4 barry 131
More from around the web