Petition for MV Psych Center at over 3,000 signatures and counting

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WUTR

From the rally on Genesee St. to a petition with over 3,000 signatures, the community isn't letting the possible closings of Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center go down without a fight.

Comments
21 - 40 of 43 Comments Last updated Jun 13, 2012
state worker

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

what wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were being said of Hutchings I would totally agree. You sound like someone who either works there now or used to. Perhaps you are out on administrative leave? MVPC has been one of the very best if not THE best psych center in NYS and you know it. So stop
Then why is it closing if it's such an asset?
what

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Judged:

state worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it closing if it's such an asset?
Because of the corruption in central office and the third floor. Pay attention. There are a couple more threads about this. Read them first. Now let the big people talk sweetie. Run along.
nra fan

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

state worker wrote:
It's not that great of a place to work. Not that big of a loss.it's OK if your part of the clique but otherwise it's probably No better than any other place.lots of abuse to patients and staff.it's No big surprise it's closing.
If you were a witness to abuse to patients and failed to report it, you are just as guilty!
Mental health

Nedrow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

It's becoming one of the worst rinned corrupt places I've ever worked!!!
Mental health

Nedrow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Mental health wrote:
It's becoming one of the worst runned corrupt places I've ever worked!!!
wtf !!!
gotcha

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Mental health wrote:
It's becoming one of the worst rinned corrupt places I've ever worked!!!
It is terrible. These trolls on topix don't have a clue!
info please

Fulton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

state worker wrote:
It's not that great of a place to work. Not that big of a loss.it's OK if your part of the clique but otherwise it's probably No better than any other place.lots of abuse to patients and staff.it's No big surprise it's closing.
Agree - abuse is rampant. The Fourth Reich is here controlling people through psychiatric cruelties. Mind control will continue unfortunately.
Hope

West Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Press conference and rally 5/18 @4:00p.m. at mvpc. 1400 noyes st.
nra fan

Sylvan Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Hope wrote:
Press conference and rally 5/18 @4:00p.m. at mvpc. 1400 noyes st.
Hope it will at least be put on hold for now.
Hope

West Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

It just seems incredible to me that this is actually happening. Hutchings is in such poor condition and needs so much taxpayer money to sustain itself. It really is a huge money pit. Cuomo was the attorney general for pet's sake. He's supposed to fight corruption. Not support it.
Mental health

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Is this Cumo's and Hogan's new plan going to help the disabled??? Or is the plan being used as an excuse to perform witch hunts to fire Tier 1-4!!!! He said he wants Tier 6 and this is the only way to force people out!!!
Real Deal

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Where has everyone been? This place has been closing bit by bit for the last forty years... Now that its about to bleed out everyone is worried?
Mental health

Nedrow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Hutchings was dead on arrival!!!! So why would you place one penny in that old ruined down building!!! The staff are abusive and should be fired if Cumo really wants to help the disabled!! What BS this Administration is!!!!!
Hope

West Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Real Deal wrote:
Where has everyone been? This place has been closing bit by bit for the last forty years... Now that its about to bleed out everyone is worried?
You are partially correct. ALL NYS institutions have been slowly shrinking and consolidating treatment services. OMH is trying to push more outpatient than inpatient services. That is all good. However, the main argument I would make is that when closures are necessary, close the facilities that cost the most to run, are older, and have the most problems. Hutching's buildings are older than mvpc's buildings and are in much worse shape. When you look at this from a cost savings point of view it just doesn't make any sense. The people on here saying mvpc should be closed are either former disgruntled employees or are the ones who have a stake in Hutchings staying open. Why can't people look at this from the taxpayer point of view? If you did, you would agree 100% that Hutchings needs to close a.s.a.p.
Mental health

Waterloo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Has anyone contacted Geraldo Rivera ....This is going to be another Willowbook story!!!
Surprised

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Pinefield is moving to Wright bldg and it should be renamed WillowBrook 2!!!!!
Agree

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
You are partially correct. ALL NYS institutions have been slowly shrinking and consolidating treatment services. OMH is trying to push more outpatient than inpatient services. That is all good. However, the main argument I would make is that when closures are necessary, close the facilities that cost the most to run, are older, and have the most problems. Hutching's buildings are older than mvpc's buildings and are in much worse shape. When you look at this from a cost savings point of view it just doesn't make any sense. The people on here saying mvpc should be closed are either former disgruntled employees or are the ones who have a stake in Hutchings staying open. Why can't people look at this from the taxpayer point of view? If you did, you would agree 100% that Hutchings needs to close a.s.a.p.
but MVPC is not and has not utilized the facility to its upmost. They have numerous empty beds,no communion with the local hospitals or colleges. Hutchings on the other hand is being fed by SU, Crouse Irving and numerous others. They are making the most of what they have, unlike MVPC. Its the big dogs that are to blame for this.
agreed

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Agree wrote:
<quoted text>but MVPC is not and has not utilized the facility to its upmost. They have numerous empty beds,no communion with the local hospitals or colleges. Hutchings on the other hand is being fed by SU, Crouse Irving and numerous others. They are making the most of what they have, unlike MVPC. Its the big dogs that are to blame for this.
You said it. Colleen has not allowed mvpc to flourish like it could. As soon as she took over as director she started the closure process. Cpl unit, closing ILC, drawing down admissions while increasing hpc's admissions, the list goes on and on.
EBT card bound

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Take your job lost like a grown up and deal with it. Thats what public assistance is for. Get in line and take a number
EBT card bound

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

I lost my job too. Took my 401k and brought a house and my girlfriend lives with me. Let public assitance pay her rent to me while I relax and live stredd free. Oh the good life of the unemployed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andrew Cuomo Discussions

Search the Andrew Cuomo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 24 min ADHD CNY people 19
NY agencies collecting more gender data 44 min Homostats 14
Cuomo and the 'Two Rochesters' 12 hr Taxation without represen 7
Secrets leaker Manning to begin gender treatments Jul 20 WasteWater 5
Canadian tour bus rolls over in NY; 1 dead Jul 19 other news checks 1
New Rochelle, Mount Vernon slated to have red-l... Jul 17 brian sten 1
Governor Cuomo will be in Rochester Wednesday Jul 16 yet to be determined 1
•••
•••