Gun Debate Grows in Albany

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WGRZ-TV Buffalo

The battle over gun-control legislation in New York continued Monday, with Democrats and Republicans in the state Legislature balking at each others' proposals.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of75
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

NRA Member wrote:
<quoted text>
What's an assault weapon?
Don't be deliberately obtuse.

Any short-barreled, semi-auto, high-round-capacity weapon that was designed/cloned as a tactical-forces weapon is an assualt weapon.

AR's and AK's aren't hunting weapons, nor are they target weapons; they are weapons designed for "offensive" tactical operations.

But, I'm telling you what you already know, aren't I?
NRA Member

Sayre, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

No, you aren't telling me anything.

Ars are used in hunting, varmint shooting, target shooting, and competition shooting. Their cosmetic appearance may be similar to a fully automatic military weapon, but their functionality is identical to any semi-automatic hunting rifle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

NRA Member wrote:
No, you aren't telling me anything.
Ars are used in hunting, varmint shooting, target shooting, and competition shooting. Their cosmetic appearance may be similar to a fully automatic military weapon, but their functionality is identical to any semi-automatic hunting rifle.
Interesting..so, you're saying that any clip-based semi-auto should be banned.

It makes sense, I mean, if they're both the same except for cosmetics, we should get rid of all semi-autos that accept large clips, which is all semi-autos.

You're right, we should keep bolt and lever actions and ban semi-auto, clip fed rifles.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, I agree with NRA Member; ban clip-based semi-autos and keep levers and bolts.

At last, a sensible idea.
Ribzilla

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Makes sense. You cant do nearly as much damage if you have to cycle a bolt action.

It could save lives, and hunters would still have what they need.

Nice idea, NRA Member.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Hingle MCringleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting..so, you're saying that any clip-based semi-auto should be banned.
It makes sense, I mean, if they're both the same except for cosmetics, we should get rid of all semi-autos that accept large clips, which is all semi-autos.
You're right, we should keep bolt and lever actions and ban semi-auto, clip fed rifles.
It must be dark in your colon because that is exactly where your head is lodged. Do you pull it out to eat now and then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>It must be dark in your colon because that is exactly where your head is lodged. Do you pull it out to eat now and then?
Great response...no facts, no point of view.

Way to win an argument.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

<quoted text>
Great response...no facts, no point of view.
Way to win an argument.
You pull a statement out of your ass and claim that someone made it to agree with your point of view. I contend that your head must be in the same place you got your statement from.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

<quoted text>You pull a statement out of your ass and claim that someone made it to agree with your point of view. I contend that your head must be in the same place you got your statement from.
Whoa...A poster stated that there were only cosmetic differences between assault rifles and hunting rifles. He contented that they were essentially the same product.

I was merely agreeing with him.

If those other clip-fed rifles are just as deadly as what we are calling assault weapons, they should be part of any ban.

Be careful what you claim.
1911SHTR

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Some of you enthusiasts are talking yourself into a ban on all magazine-based rifles.

I urge you to be very cautious when comparing a magazined hunting rifle to an assault style weapon, or you might wake up one day to find a far more restrictive ban than you had anticipiated.

By stating that there are only minimal differences between assault style weapons and magaine-based hunting weapons, you're not protecting the assault weapons, you're endangering the hunting weapons.

Think before you post, people.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

1911SHTR wrote:
Some of you enthusiasts are talking yourself into a ban on all magazine-based rifles.
I urge you to be very cautious when comparing a magazined hunting rifle to an assault style weapon, or you might wake up one day to find a far more restrictive ban than you had anticipiated.
By stating that there are only minimal differences between assault style weapons and magaine-based hunting weapons, you're not protecting the assault weapons, you're endangering the hunting weapons.
Think before you post, people.
And dudes like me will JUMP ALL OVER THAT $HIT!
1911SHTR

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Let's face it, we did a lot of this to ourselves. Running around, screaming about our right to carry these tricked paramilitary rigs.

Let me tell you guys something; when it comes to the safety of children, the public doesn't give a rats ass about your right to own an AK-47. You people had better start thinking on a different level.

Be reasonable, and we'll be fine, but start yelling about the Second Amendment when they just got through buying 20 kids in Connecticut, and you'll see a ban like you haven't ever seen.

Politics is not a game for amateurs. I cringe every time the news interviews some ZZ-Top looking a-hole about his right to carry an AK. These guys only add to the ranks of people lining up against you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

<quoted text>
Whoa...A poster stated that there were only cosmetic differences between assault rifles and hunting rifles. He contented that they were essentially the same product.
I was merely agreeing with him.
If those other clip-fed rifles are just as deadly as what we are calling assault weapons, they should be part of any ban.
Be careful what you claim.
You were saying they should be banned. Feel free to think what you like and even turn in any that YOU personally own. I am sure you think forced confiscation is a fine idea as well. Laws do not prevent those inclined to break them from committing the crimes they are written to stop. Anyone that thinks banning entire classes of firearms for their looks is sadly mistaken if they think it will stop someone intent on mass murder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You were saying they should be banned. Feel free to think what you like and even turn in any that YOU personally own. I am sure you think forced confiscation is a fine idea as well. Laws do not prevent those inclined to break them from committing the crimes they are written to stop. Anyone that thinks banning entire classes of firearms for their looks is sadly mistaken if they think it will stop someone intent on mass murder.
Another play soldier heard from.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You were saying they should be banned. Feel free to think what you like and even turn in any that YOU personally own. I am sure you think forced confiscation is a fine idea as well. Laws do not prevent those inclined to break them from committing the crimes they are written to stop. Anyone that thinks banning entire classes of firearms for their looks is sadly mistaken if they think it will stop someone intent on mass murder.
So, are you saying that the only difference between any magazine-fed rifle is looks?

Seriously..is that what you are stating?
1911SHTR

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Are you stupid or something? Did you read my previous post?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

1911SHTR wrote:
<quoted text>
He's feeding me red meat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

1911SHTR wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid no..... Sick of people trying to be politically correct and trying to legislate us into a police state yes.
1911SHTR

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Stupid no..... Sick of people trying to be politically correct and trying to legislate us into a police state yes.
You're paranoid nonsense is the kind of talk that gets us INTO a police state.

You're way out of your depth, my friend.
1911SHTR

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Did you see where some professor in Florida claims that the Newtown massacre was a fake...set up using actors to give Obama leverage in his gun control bid?

THIS IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF STUPID IDEA THAT MAKE US LOOK LIKE PARANOID MORONS, AND IT HAS TO STOP!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of75
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andrew Cuomo Discussions

Search the Andrew Cuomo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Three teens arraigned in the murder of Takim Smith (Feb '13) 1 hr TheBlackmanisGod 12
All hail Mark Boughton the hypocrite Mon alzanape 2
As Many As One Million Armed New Yorkers Are Ab... Mon okimar 3
Remington not for discussion at Herkimer County... Mon pretend to be smart 13
Cuomo to stop by Main Transit Fire Hall Apr 13 Mon Go Lloyd 4
Cuomo talks about Duffy's future Apr 12 CanadaRocs DezNutz 25
Gov. Cuomo had lots to say Apr 11 you never get it 5
•••
•••
•••
•••