Radical NY abortion bill could close Catholic hospitals, Church warns

Feb 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

ALBANY, NY, February 15, 2013, The state of New York could soon shut down Catholic and other health care providers for not offering or referring for abortions, according to the New York Catholic Conference.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The law will not close hospitals; those hospitals will choose to close rather than comply with the law.

Funny how PLM'ers keep shreiking about states' rights on this subject, but now they are bitching about a state making its own abortion policy.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

cpeter1313 wrote:
The law will not close hospitals; those hospitals will choose to close rather than comply with the law.
Funny how PLM'ers keep shreiking about states' rights on this subject, but now they are bitching about a state making its own abortion policy.
Funnier still how pro-choicers whine like turbines if anyone attempts to place any restrictions on the choice they favor, but have no problem having others' choices completely eliminated by law, even if it violates the First Amendment.
Nina

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Extermination of unborn children is the American
Holocaust...make no mistake about it. Dismembered
babies bodies put in the garbage or incinerated.
55 million unborn children put to their deaths
due to the evil Roe vs. Wade....and we think we are civilized ....bull. Sisters were the first
forerunners of schools and hospitals.
SisterMaryMadnes s

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nina wrote:
Extermination of unborn children is the American
Holocaust...make no mistake about it. Dismembered
babies bodies put in the garbage or incinerated.
55 million unborn children put to their deaths
due to the evil Roe vs. Wade....and we think we are civilized ....bull. Sisters were the first
forerunners of schools and hospitals.
You mean those mean old witches who slapped kids in the face and made their knuckles bleed from those nasty old rulers?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why would I compromise on women's rights to appease people who disapprove of them?

Hospitals are businesses; they don't have religions. They must comply with the law just like any other business. If they choose to close rather than follow the law, that's their CHOICE.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funnier still how pro-choicers whine like turbines if anyone attempts to place any restrictions on the choice they favor, but have no problem having others' choices completely eliminated by law, even if it violates the First Amendment.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
Why would I compromise on women's rights to appease people who disapprove of them?
Hospitals are businesses; they don't have religions. They must comply with the law just like any other business. If they choose to close rather than follow the law, that's their CHOICE.
<quoted text>
Why would you deny the constitutional rights of those with whom you disagree in favor of your own beliefs?

I don't know. Why would you?

Catholic Hospitals are direct extensions of Catholic ministry and they say so right up front. The government even recognizes this-they are classified 501c for tax purposes.
Nina

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SisterMaryMadness wrote:
<quoted text> You mean those mean old witches who slapped kids in the face and made their knuckles bleed from those nasty old rulers?
Dear Kiddo.....Back then
a sister would teach 40 kids in a class, no aide and then work the lunchroom.....where was her break.....and back then there were no shootings in schools, and all the other crap that cannot be controlled.
SisterMaryMadnes s

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nina wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Kiddo.....Back then
a sister would teach 40 kids in a class, no aide and then work the lunchroom.....where was her break.....and back then there were no shootings in schools, and all the other crap that cannot be controlled.
Dear Numbnuts.....What great excuses for slapping the kids in the face and making their knuckles bleed to satisfy the stresses of the unsaintly madwomen in halloween costumes. You sound like a direct product from that insane atmosphere.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SisterMaryMadness wrote:
<quoted text> Dear Numbnuts.....What great excuses for slapping the kids in the face and making their knuckles bleed to satisfy the stresses of the unsaintly madwomen in halloween costumes. You sound like a direct product from that insane atmosphere.
Public schools also employed corporal punishment.
SisterMaryMadnes s

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Public schools also employed corporal punishment.
As servants of the Lord?(They got you regularly, huh?) LOL
SisterMaryMadnes s

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Very true, I had forty in my first grade class. Don't forget after lunchroom she had recess then after school she had to cook for fifteen other nuns, say her liturgy of hours through the day plus her rosary , go to bed at eleven get up at four, start all over again. No day off. Also many nuns were told to teach children when they had a calling to teach adults. Another thing, those habits were very hot in the summertime and the thermostat says 90 in the classroom when she is trying to teach those forty kids.
Bless those angels.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Let them close. They won't be missed.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bitner wrote:
Let them close. They won't be missed.
Right.

There isn't one close to you, so they won't be missed.

We heard that one earlier.

There isn't a 7-11 in my town, so they don't have a significant "footprint" in convenience retail.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
There isn't one close to you, so they won't be missed.
We heard that one earlier.
There isn't a 7-11 in my town, so they don't have a significant "footprint" in convenience retail.
Yep, that's right. There are no 7-11s near here, either. But there is no lack of stories to replace them.

There are only 612 Catholic hospitals in the country. Even if they all closed, they wouldn't be missed.

Once again, you are dishonestly putting words in my mouth. I didn't say they wouldn't be missed BECAUSE there are none near me. I simply used my area as an example of the fact that we don't need Catholic hospitals as much as Catholics like to pretend we do.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LOL, stores, not stories.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

501c refers to tax-exempt status, like many hospitals. Unless they are listed as 501c(3), it's not based on religion.

Catholic ministry has nothing to do with medical science. As far as health providers go, the rights of the patients supersede any other concerns.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you deny the constitutional rights of those with whom you disagree in favor of your own beliefs?
I don't know. Why would you?
Catholic Hospitals are direct extensions of Catholic ministry and they say so right up front. The government even recognizes this-they are classified 501c for tax purposes.
Nina

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dear Naysayers: First let me say that kids are "killing each other." Sex is so rampant
that teens are getting diseases.....and abortions.
The nuns did the best they could in that era...
Young people in prisons from the liberal cities...
the nuns started hospitals and schools and did a great job. They were hard workers.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
501c refers to tax-exempt status, like many hospitals. Unless they are listed as 501c(3), it's not based on religion.
Catholic ministry has nothing to do with medical science. As far as health providers go, the rights of the patients supersede any other concerns.
<quoted text>
Other than the multitude of Catholic teaching hospitals they have nothing to do with medical science, you mean? Good one. Solid point.

As far as things in the US go, the Constitution trumps all other concerns.

Skipped civics, I see.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Christianity is all about superstition, not science. Medicine doesn't require zombie carpenters to heal the sick.

The constitution grants INDIVIDUALS rights, not churches or businesses (aside from a free press.)
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than the multitude of Catholic teaching hospitals they have nothing to do with medical science, you mean? Good one. Solid point.
As far as things in the US go, the Constitution trumps all other concerns.
Skipped civics, I see.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Absolute bullshit. Egyptians, greeks, abyssinians, etc, had medical buildings; they were called temples. People were treated with philtres, herbs, and even surgery. Many of these temples were destroyed by the self-righteous christians who felt they had the riht to destroy "unbelievers." Then of course, came the dark ages, when the masses had very little access to healers because they were all assigned to church and political leaders. This more or less coninued even up to the 1700's--those "witches" they killed were mostly local herbalists upon which the locals depended for their healthcare.

The RCC loves to make up crap to make themselves look good.
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>You got to be kidding, you know the Catholic Cchurch built the Western Civilization. We started Hospitals etc, Did we start hospitals with superstition? LOL. The big bang theory was invented by whom? Why , a Catholic priest. By the way google Catholicism and inventions, go ahead I dare ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••