Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing

Jun 12, 2014 Full story: Burnt Orange Report 429

Rick Perry was in San Francisco - yes, that San Francisco - this week addressing a crowd at The Commonwealth Club when he was asked a question about the reparative therapy plank of the new GOP platform.

Full Story
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#443 Jun 29, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>I get it. You think good is bad and bad is good. Your insults mean nothing to me. I feel sorry for you and your hatred toward God. Unfortunately for you, you have to pay the bill. Have a nice day.
We should hate God, God is a monster! Only sick perverted pew warming retards love God!

"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?"(Amos 3:6).

"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).

"Then tell them,'This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you" (Jer. 25:27).

"Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).

"Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Sam. 15:3).

And you actually worship this monster! That makes you a monster.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#444 Jun 29, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
I don't understand why people always get up on a stage and choose to bash someone and how they live.
It has to do with the fact that we see what we do not like about ourselves in other people. A reflection of ourselves. We say we don't like them, but it is really what we do not like about ourselves. They condemn others because they are incapable of seeing themselves, the truth about themselves. Listen to people when they complain about other people as they are really telling you all about themselves.
anna

Los Angeles, CA

#445 Jun 29, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to do with the fact that we see what we do not like about ourselves in other people. A reflection of ourselves. We say we don't like them, but it is really what we do not like about ourselves. They condemn others because they are incapable of seeing themselves, the truth about themselves. Listen to people when they complain about other people as they are really telling you all about themselves.
well said but In my opinion people take the versus from the bible to afform with the versions of their beliefs instead of focusing on humanity in helping others not judging but loving,helping those less fortunate,understanding and finally being a good human being
anna

Los Angeles, CA

#446 Jun 29, 2014
I dont have to go to church to believe in God for the church.is in me in how I live my life daily and how I treat others and I highly doubt that god would want me to hate anyone regardless of their differences

DNF

““Be guided by principles..."”

Since: Apr 07

Baltimore

#447 Jun 29, 2014
anna wrote:
I dont have to go to church to believe in God for the church.is in me in how I live my life daily and how I treat others and I highly doubt that god would want me to hate anyone regardless of their differences
bravo.

well said indeed.

many many thanks.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#448 Jun 30, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Chapel Of Love / Kiss My Brass 15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-YjgSwiKps8XX
Bette Midler - Stay With Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
What a Wonderful World
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
In loving memory of snyper
We all still miss him. RIP Snyper.

DNF

““Be guided by principles..."”

Since: Apr 07

Baltimore

#449 Jul 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
We all still miss him. RIP Snyper.
Hey I just responded to our good buddy Brian G about the whole lack of a role model argument of his. Whadda ya think:

We care. We also care about the children who will no longer have a father or mother in the home because of future wars. Many children who had Dads serve in the military don't have fathers anymore. How does that affect your no role model in the home so they shouldnt be allowed to marry equation? Should that mean we ban the spouses of Veterans who died and left behind children from marrying just like gays and lesbians?

The whole shtick about a Dad (or Mom) not being in the home is one of the flimsiest "arguments" against SSM for so many reasons. Objecting to SSM because of role model ideals ignores reality.

One of those realities I just pointed out. Another is the divorce rate which results in many children not having one parent in the home. Why object to SSM and not divorced people with children remarrying? Divorced people with children are very similar to gays and lesbians with children. So it is obviously an equal protection issue, and to deny SSM would not be in the best interest of the family.

What about Big Brothers and Big Sisters? Two organizations formed to fill the role if the child lacks a good male or female role model in the home. It's sort of odd you, wondering and Kimmie never complain a child being exposed to those 'gender segregated' relationships. I'm sure you endorse those groups, so it's hypocritical of you to complain about a gay or lesbian couple not being able to provide a Mom or Dad for a child.

Then there is the fact that the States all allow single parent adoption. Im sure you oppose that for the same reason you oppose SSM. Notice that you put your feelings about marriage and two parent homes ahead of the needs of the child.

Now if you are worried about a male role model (or a female one in the case of a male SSC) for the child, they have all the same resources every other child has through school, sports, church, etc. So the whole male/female Mom/Dad roles that you want children to have are possible even without the biological Mom or Dad being around. Therefore the role model objection for SSM is not a valid objection.

Let us remember the words of District Judge John G. Heyburn II in his ruling against the State of Kentucky:

.These arguments are not those of serious people. Though it seems almost unnecessary to explain, here are the reasons why. Even assuming the state has a legitimate interest in promoting procreation, the Court fails to see, and Defendant never explains, how the exclusion of same-sex couples from marriage has any effect whatsoever on procreation among heterosexual spouses. Excluding same-sex couples from marriage does not change the number of heterosexual couples who choose to get married, the number who choose to have children, or the number of children they have.[...] The state's attempts to connect the exclusion of same-sex couples from marriage to its interest in economic stability and in "ensuring humanity's continued existence" are at best illogical and even bewildering..

http://theweek.com/article/index/264096/speed...
Edward J Cejka

Gold, India

#450 Jul 1, 2014
Addiction is a disease of the mind, which lies to the addict and convinces him/her that everyone is against them, and that only the addict has everything under control.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#452 Jul 2, 2014
Whenever I'm drinking I make sure that I never bend over, especially in texass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Flori... 4 min swedenforever 3
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Dogen 142,930
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 15 min barefoot2626 786
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 17 min barefoot2626 177
Democrats block Keystone bill in setback for Se... 30 min Le Jimbo 85
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 57 min Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 18
Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 1 hr Sad 21
More from around the web