Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcohol...

Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing

There are 429 comments on the Burnt Orange Report story from Jun 12, 2014, titled Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing. In it, Burnt Orange Report reports that:

Rick Perry was in San Francisco - yes, that San Francisco - this week addressing a crowd at The Commonwealth Club when he was asked a question about the reparative therapy plank of the new GOP platform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burnt Orange Report.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#193 Jun 17, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>While i admire Mr. Costello, I'd hardly call him the king of rock and roll. I'd confer that title upon Susan Boyle.
Then there is also me.
who?!?

no, elvis is the king....who else could it be outside of bob dylan...but he is more god-like than king-like.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#194 Jun 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who?!?
no, elvis is the king....who else could it be outside of bob dylan...but he is more god-like than king-like.
WHOA!! God-Like?? Noooo wayyyy..He's HUMAN!!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#195 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm saying you should really stop being a rump-ranger.
are you saying lesbians use anal?
BWAHAHAHA!

Since: May 14

Jacksonville, FL

#196 Jun 17, 2014
Howie wrote:
Rick Perry is 100% correct. Homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism.
Correct..I too agree with you.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#198 Jun 18, 2014
Christsharians on the DL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Christardate, you avoided the content again.
You lied that I said something about Christians having to be perfect. I did no such thing. You had better repent of your lying or jaysus will smite you, fool.
I said you fixate on some buried, mistranslated, ambiguous passages while ignoring much more prominent, central and clear admonitions against other "sins," equally unrepentant.
I mentioned those who covet, take the lawd's name in vain, disrespect their parents, disregard the golden rule.
So deal with the content, you stupid, bigoted, bumpkin mullah.
Thanks for proving my last point. I'm not answering any of your questions as your only goal is to get a response that you can use to call me an evil Christian. Have a nice day.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#199 Jun 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who?!?
I knew Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan was no Bob Dylan.
I have a feeling our musical tastes may differ somewhat. For example, I don't regard any Elvis as a king of rock. Also, I am not Bob Dylan's biggest fan, although his song "Mr. Tambourine Man" is one of my favorites, especially the Byrds recording.

Actually, I don't regard anyone as a rock and roll king. But I think there are some rock greats. However that is another story.

Still I think we can both agree that Rick Perry is a horse's patootie.
Texasses

Beverly, MA

#200 Jun 18, 2014
Well, it seems that Rick Perry and his wacko friends think it would be a good idea for the State of Texas to pay for Conversion Therapy to treat Gays to become straight.

Well, before they do, it would be best if Rick would allow some experimentation on himself to see if any kind of therapy will help him grow even the most rudimentary form of a brain.

So, let's get this straight, Texas will not expand its medical care but the state has enough money to convert a person's sexual orientation?

Does anyone in Texas have a brain, or do they all have an Ass in place of a head?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#202 Jun 18, 2014
Texasses wrote:
Well, it seems that Rick Perry and his wacko friends think it would be a good idea for the State of Texas to pay for Conversion Therapy to treat Gays to become straight.
Well, before they do, it would be best if Rick would allow some experimentation on himself to see if any kind of therapy will help him grow even the most rudimentary form of a brain.
So, let's get this straight, Texas will not expand its medical care but the state has enough money to convert a person's sexual orientation?
Does anyone in Texas have a brain, or do they all have an Ass in place of a head?
Did anyone see the Jon Stewart rip on this?

"Stewart pulled no punches. After showing footage of crackpot psychologist and "ex-gay" proponent Joseph Nicolosi saying ... that changing a gay person is merely a matter of bringing out their inner heterosexual, Stewart pointed out the absurdity of that claim.

"But [heterosexuality is] the thing [gay people] don't have in them. It's like giving a woman a C-section who's not pregnant. You won't find what you're looking for, but you will leave a scar."

He then brought up some of the abusive and disgusting "treatments" that these junk-science therapists prescribe, including electroshock therapy and having the patient put their poop in a bottle and sniff it whenever they're attracted to someone of the same sex. Stewart said Texas Republicans should take this advice to heart:

"Being gay is not a choice, but being a Texas Republican is. So my advice is the next time you feel the urge to be a Texas Republican -- to replace science textbooks with pictures of humans riding dinosaurs, or ban same-sex marriage, or put on this [plush GOP elephant hat], shit in a jar and sniff it. It won't cure you; the science proves that. But do it anyway. Hopefully it'll remind you of what assholes you're being."

Read more at http://www.bilerico.com/2014/06/jon_stewart_r...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#203 Jun 18, 2014
Good thing only idiots give a [email protected] what Rick Perry says.
anna

Fairfield, CA

#204 Jun 18, 2014
Mr. Perry is as dumb as they come , how can anyone with whatsoever any intelligence come to a conclusion that homosexuality and alcoholism are in fact both diseases, no my friend alcoholism is a disease, homosexuality is a choice, ignorance is bliss
anna

Fairfield, CA

#205 Jun 18, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying lesbians use anal?
BWAHAHAHA!
Hey hillbilly from hades act your age not your shoe size
anna

Fairfield, CA

#206 Jun 18, 2014
Hey sheriff joe I am not lesbian or gay but im not a ignorant hillbilly fanatic who hides behind a bible and preaches hate, last I checked the bible says love thy neighbor, live and let live life is to short(virtus junxit mors non septa rabit) what virtue has brought together death cannot separate (Freemasons)
anna

Fairfield, CA

#207 Jun 18, 2014
And I sincerely apologize if I offended any hillbillies, lol

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#208 Jun 18, 2014
anna wrote:
And I sincerely apologize if I offended any hillbillies, lol
Shucks ma'am, I'm jes proud you noticed me! If'n you give me yer shed number, I'll send ya my last tooth fer a souvenir! Shuddup Jethro, I'm sendin' my gal a love letter!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#209 Jun 18, 2014
anna wrote:
Mr. Perry is as dumb as they come , how can anyone with whatsoever any intelligence come to a conclusion that homosexuality and alcoholism are in fact both diseases, no my friend alcoholism is a disease, homosexuality is a choice, ignorance is bliss
Hope you saw him on Crossfire" - not the sharpest tool in the toolshed and some strange non-answers about state rights. weird.
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#210 Jun 18, 2014
anna wrote:
Hey sheriff joe I am not lesbian or gay but im not a ignorant hillbilly fanatic who hides behind a bible and preaches hate, last I checked the bible says love thy neighbor, live and let live life is to short(virtus junxit mors non septa rabit) what virtue has brought together death cannot separate (Freemasons)
Haha what?

St. Croix valley

#211 Jun 18, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I knew Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan was no Bob Dylan.
I have a feeling our musical tastes may differ somewhat. For example, I don't regard any Elvis as a king of rock. Also, I am not Bob Dylan's biggest fan, although his song "Mr. Tambourine Man" is one of my favorites, especially the Byrds recording.
Actually, I don't regard anyone as a rock and roll king. But I think there are some rock greats. However that is another story.
Still I think we can both agree that Rick Perry is a horse's patootie.
all of bob's son are better when other people sing them...

St. Croix valley

#212 Jun 18, 2014
*songs...

St. Croix valley

#213 Jun 18, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
<quoted text> WHOA!! God-Like?? Noooo wayyyy..He's HUMAN!!
hence the term god-like....
anna

Fairfield, CA

#214 Jun 18, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Shucks ma'am, I'm jes proud you noticed me! If'n you give me yer shed number, I'll send ya my last tooth fer a souvenir! Shuddup Jethro, I'm sendin' my gal a love letter!
Ha ha your hilarious shamus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Blitzking 201,768
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 8 hr Trumpoop 280
News Why Tim Kaine has already made history 9 hr Lawrence Wolf 28
News Democratic chief Wasserman Schultz quits amid S... 10 hr Go Blue Forever 69
News Leslie Van Houten, Manson follower, denied paro... 11 hr Justina 2
News Clinton kicks off swing state tour vowing to cr... 13 hr Bama Yankee 1
News Governor: 4 new Zika cases likely came from Fla... 13 hr zio-virus 1
More from around the web