Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing

Jun 12, 2014 Full story: Burnt Orange Report 429

Rick Perry was in San Francisco - yes, that San Francisco - this week addressing a crowd at The Commonwealth Club when he was asked a question about the reparative therapy plank of the new GOP platform.

Full Story
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Jun 12, 2014
Mr. Perry has no credentials to support such an opinion, and understands neither.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jun 12, 2014
So some people can have sex with someone of the same gender, week after week and still not be considered gay or bi? Unless it interferes with work or their relationships.
Peace through Genocide

Leverett, MA

#3 Jun 12, 2014
You sound experienced.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 12, 2014
So Rick is saying that being gay and alcoholism are basically the same thing, and that he has the genetic coding to be and alcoholic. Wow, that is the most unusual "coming out" statement I have ever run across.
Howie

Boardman, OR

#5 Jun 12, 2014
Rick Perry is 1005 correct. homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#6 Jun 12, 2014
"an"

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#7 Jun 12, 2014
Belle Sexton wrote:
Mr. Perry has no credentials to support such an opinion, and understands neither.
Unless this is his way of coming out as a gay alcoholic while still obeying his sponsor's views on anonymity.
Howie

Boardman, OR

#8 Jun 12, 2014
Rick Perry is 100% correct. Homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#9 Jun 12, 2014
Belle Sexton wrote:
If credentials were required for expressing an opinion, Topix would be without posters.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10 Jun 12, 2014
You chose to drink, you chose who you sleep with!! If you like it you do it again!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 12, 2014
Rick Prairie is going to get annihilated by Clinton/Cuomo/Warren whoever

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#12 Jun 12, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
If credentials were required for expressing an opinion, Topix would be without posters.
yup
Peace through Genocide

Leverett, MA

#13 Jun 12, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
Rick Prairie is going to get annihilated by Clinton/Cuomo/Warren whoever
ROTFLMAO! The same thin lizzy warren that claimed minority status a Native Indian. Just another Bullshi**er from the party of bullsh*t.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#14 Jun 12, 2014
Perry's political career will be over as soon as his current term as Texas governor ends. There are too many skeletons (dare I say "bones"?) in his closet ... he knows it, the GOP knows it, and most devastatingly, a lot of political movers and shakers in Texas can prove it.

He keeps skating way too close to the edge, and one of these days, "Governor Goodhair" is going to go over.

Since: Jan 08

Rayong, Thailand

#15 Jun 12, 2014
Republicans just dig that hole a bit deeper every time they open their mouths. They can't mount a decent defense for their decisions, so they just make up stuff as they go. Maybe all republicans are stupid enough to believe their BS, but they rest of us aren't. Stupid is as stupid does.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#16 Jun 12, 2014
as i have stated for two years now...the democrats just need to keep pounding the social issues...LGBT, women's rights, pregnancy rape...

and then watch the GOP self destruct like they did in 2012...

these far right evangelicals need to be eradicated from our political system just as radical islam needs to be wiped out of the middle east..
Howies Husband

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Jun 12, 2014
Howie wrote:
Oh REALLY?
Do they sell it at the licker store?

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#20 Jun 12, 2014
Howie wrote:
Well it's certainly an addiction to you. Not a day goes by without you here reading and commenting on all things homosexual.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#21 Jun 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
as i have stated for two years now...the democrats just need to keep pounding the social issues...LGBT, women's rights, pregnancy rape...
and then watch the GOP self destruct like they did in 2012...
these far right evangelicals need to be eradicated from our political system just as radical islam needs to be wiped out of the middle east..
You are absolutely correct. It's just so pitiful watching republicans stumble on the issue of rape.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#22 Jun 12, 2014
Howie wrote:
Rick Perry is 1005 correct. homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism.
Your stupidity was probably inherited.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min KiMerde 49,751
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr Olden War Vet 2,616
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr JM_Brazil 116,437
Astrophysicist Invents a $110 Earthquake Warnin... 2 hr her 1
King: Gov. Martinez "does not have Latino heart" 2 hr justice is just a... 10
Mitch McConnell faces biggest test yet in race ... 2 hr kuda 13
Gov. Scott could spend $100 million, race with ... 3 hr OrlandoChris 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Governors People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••