Walker largely silent of late on same...

Walker largely silent of late on same-sex marriage

There are 17 comments on the WLUK-TV Green Bay story from Jun 12, 2014, titled Walker largely silent of late on same-sex marriage. In it, WLUK-TV Green Bay reports that:

Gov. Scott Walker has a history of forcefully opposing same-sex marriage in Wisconsin, but he's been much quieter on the topic recently as the state's ban was determined to be unconstitutional and polls show public attitudes shifting in favor of allowing gay couples to wed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLUK-TV Green Bay.

Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Jun 12, 2014
Anyone running for Gov. in Wisconsin will be facing a T-bagger challenger. The Republican's fair-haired boy just got skunked by them in Virginia. Vote splitting is a real threat.

He'd better keep his yap shut, or Wisconsin might find itself under T-bagger rule right quick.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2 Jun 12, 2014
I think Walker sees the writing on the wall. Too bad he doesn't have the stones to say so.
Howie

Boardman, OR

#3 Jun 12, 2014
There's an old adage..."If you don't have anything good to say about something, don't say anything at all".
Peace through Genocide

Hinsdale, MA

#4 Jun 12, 2014
Belle Sexton wrote:
Anyone running for Gov. in Wisconsin will be facing a T-bagger challenger. The Republican's fair-haired boy just got skunked by them in Virginia. Vote splitting is a real threat.
He'd better keep his yap shut, or Wisconsin might find itself under T-bagger rule right quick.
At least he's not a gutless coward like some Democrats who shamelessly left their respectful state to avoid a vote. Remember that one?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#5 Jun 12, 2014
Maybe Walker is afraid to admit he's changed his mind just as Hillary and many other Americans have. Maybe he's afraid of the attacks he'll get.
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 12, 2014
Howie wrote:
There's an old adage..."If you don't have anything good to say about something, don't say anything at all".
You're posting, not saying.

Feel free!
Eyes Rolling

Hinsdale, MA

#7 Jun 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
Maybe Walker is afraid to admit he's changed his mind just as Hillary and many other Americans have. Maybe he's afraid of the attacks he'll get.
Gosh, you sound like a bully.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#8 Jun 12, 2014
Eyes Rolling wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, you sound like a bully.
Then send me your lunch money.

LMAO

Eyes Rolling

LMAO

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Jun 13, 2014
DNF wrote:
Maybe when you're getting your butt kicked on every down (like the Broncos were in Super Bowl XLVIII this past February), it's best to keep your head down and your mouth shut.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#10 Jun 13, 2014
Belle Sexton wrote:
Anything that upsets the apple cart sounds like a good idea to me.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#11 Jun 13, 2014
DNF wrote:
I would not be quick to accept that they have changed their minds as much as their minds were changed for them. As the people lead, our politicians follow. It is gay people who are changing the minds of Americans. It is good that the ruling elite change even if it is only to get reelected and not because of any humanitarian reason or because they want to do the right thing. All they are interested in is making government bigger and themselves more powerful.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#12 Jun 13, 2014
DNF wrote:
All the more reason why the stances politicians take need to be more than just gauging which way the current winds are blowing and climbing on board. Maybe if he had thought about the situation and it's unconstitutional discrimination based solely on other people's religious beliefs, he might not have jumped on the hate bandwagon in the first place.

Politicians that jump on whatever bandwagon is currently driving by that's got the most people on it deserve what they get when later it becomes obvious that that's what they did. And that they were wrong for doing it.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13 Jun 13, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason why the stances politicians take need to be more than just gauging which way the current winds are blowing and climbing on board. Maybe if he had thought about the situation and it's unconstitutional discrimination based solely on other people's religious beliefs, he might not have jumped on the hate bandwagon in the first place.
Politicians that jump on whatever bandwagon is currently driving by that's got the most people on it deserve what they get when later it becomes obvious that that's what they did. And that they were wrong for doing it.
agreed and well put.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Jun 13, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean like The Obamaniac.:)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#15 Jun 13, 2014
I was just thinking the same thing lately... that Walker either isn't saying anything about this or the news isn't covering it. I'm sure he's fine letting the AG shoulder all the attention for this.

Since the recall election failed to get him out of office, and he's managed to keep appearing clean while his ex- friends/co-workers go to jail, he's even more smug, arrogant, and over-confident than ever.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Jun 13, 2014
Tre H wrote:
I was just thinking the same thing lately... that Walker either isn't saying anything about this or the news isn't covering it. I'm sure he's fine letting the AG shoulder all the attention for this.
Since the recall election failed to get him out of office, and he's managed to keep appearing clean while his ex- friends/co-workers go to jail, he's even more smug, arrogant, and over-confident than ever.
When you're in a hole you don't want to be in, stop digging !

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#18 Jun 16, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're in a hole you don't want to be in, stop digging !
said the dumbass looking up at me bragging about his shovel made with the finest craftsmanship...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min THE LONE WORKER 205,197
News Why Hillary Clinton's shadiness won't be fatal 31 min Captain Yesterday 91
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 32 min Captain Yesterday 1,063
News Trump campaign says it doesn't want support fro... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 6
News Mike Pence, Gop VP nominee, 'deeply offended' b... 1 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 3
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 1 hr Actual Science 779
News 6110 Holiday Lane, Dublin. 1 hr Pam 3
More from around the web