M.L. King Commission sets youth summi...

M.L. King Commission sets youth summit in Harrison. Sigh.

There are 27 comments on the Arkansas Times story from Mar 16, 2014, titled M.L. King Commission sets youth summit in Harrison. Sigh.. In it, Arkansas Times reports that:

RACE AND HARRISON: This billboard stirred new talk about Harrison's racial history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ashamedofsomewhi tes

Harrison, AR

#22 Apr 4, 2014
WhyNotMove wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ask black pride marchers why they think they are better because they are black? You seem to believe just because someone is proud to be who they are, that means racism, if its a white person.
Im no supporter of the kkk, but im white and proud of it, i owe no one anything for what is long past and i was no part of. Blacks are giving themselves the bad name and playing into all the stereotypes about them. I am sick of seeing nice communities destroyed by thieving thugs who are proud of a ghetto culture and mentality and who take others with them into the sewer.
Look at small towns stats pre katrina, and what happened to those communities crime rates after they invited all the parasites. Look at actual crime stats, not liberal whiny spin doctoring, the actual stats speak volumes.
Its no wonder why the kkk is growing. People who actually value life, liberty and worship God are sick of it. Since you are ashamed of some whites, you can always move to Memphis and enjoy the diversity. Chances are you would move back real quick with a change of mind.
i have lived around alot of them before and they have there trust just like whites do and yes you can be proud of who you are just like all of us should be but there is a difference between pride and hate and just to hate someone cuz of there skin color is just not right in my book but this is a free country so you have the right to believe how you feel but to show off your hate is just not nice or right .......btw the kkk has been drying off more and more every year..........have a great night my friend
Mencken

Vilonia, AR

#23 Apr 4, 2014
squeezers wrote:
<quoted text>I'll say it again, People like Lisa will never let little things like facts and statistics get in their way.
Great factual post, Keep telling the truth.
Thank you. I endeavor to give satisfaction through the use of truth.

And you hang in there too. I notice that you, for doing nothing more than complimenting me, have already been awarded three clueless light bulbs, three nutty peanuts, and three red exes of disagreement. This may be the new tack they take, then; they cannot produce facts so instead they use "Judge it!" to call us nuts.

And this is always the way it is with their type: They have no facts, no reason, and at first they call you stupid. Then they call you crazy. Finally, they call you evil.

Oh, they're reeeeeeeeeeeeal tolerant.

Until you disagree with them.

squeezers

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

The Woods

#24 Apr 5, 2014
WhyNotMove wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ask black pride marchers why they think they are better because they are black? You seem to believe just because someone is proud to be who they are, that means racism, if its a white person.
Im no supporter of the kkk, but im white and proud of it, i owe no one anything for what is long past and i was no part of. Blacks are giving themselves the bad name and playing into all the stereotypes about them. I am sick of seeing nice communities destroyed by thieving thugs who are proud of a ghetto culture and mentality and who take others with them into the sewer.
Look at small towns stats pre katrina, and what happened to those communities crime rates after they invited all the parasites. Look at actual crime stats, not liberal whiny spin doctoring, the actual stats speak volumes.
Its no wonder why the kkk is growing. People who actually value life, liberty and worship God are sick of it. Since you are ashamed of some whites, you can always move to Memphis and enjoy the diversity. Chances are you would move back real quick with a change of mind.
I would have to say, White people who are NOT racist have only been around their own race. Never been out of the hills, Never seen a black or mexican town or area. Never been exposed to blacks. So they have no real idea what they are like.. If they can't see that they are blind.

Yes a week in Memphis or Chicago and places like that will give them some understanding real quick.
Mencken

Vilonia, AR

#25 Apr 5, 2014
ashamedofsomewhites wrote:
i have lived around alot of them before and they have there trust just like whites do
Just curious: You've lived around them -- what did you say?--*** before?***

Well, why aren't you living around them now?

You know, a lot of White people will move and say it is to be closer to better shopping, they moved because the schools are better in the new place, they moved because the neighborhood is nicer, they moved because the police protection is better, they moved because the city services are better, they moved because there are more places for their children to play.

But, really, this is just code, dog whistle words that mean "We wanted to get away from you-know-who."

But you used to live around them ***before.***

Good for you. And I understand completely.
and yes you can be proud of who you are just like all of us should be but there is a difference between pride and hate and just to hate someone cuz of there skin color is just not right in my book
You sure can be proud of who you are, as in "I'm John" or "I'm Jane"; but being proud of **what** you are, Whites better not even think about doing that in public. Maybe you know of a place and a way that a White person can show pride openly in what he is and his ancestors. Let us know when you find it, please.
but this is a free country so you have the right to believe how you feel but to show off your hate is just not nice or right
No one shows off hate when they notice the difference in criminality between White and black. It is not showing off hate to say that 70% of all black babies are born with no father in the home.(Think about that: pick 10 black babies at random and seven of them don't even live with their father). In some areas it's over 90%. It's not hate to point out that blacks in schools do not do as well as White children. It is not hate to point out that black children are more disruptive in class and have more discipline problems. Pointing out any of this and more is not hate.

Or is that hate to you? And I don't ask it as a rhetorical question. I genuinely want to know: Do you think it is hate to state what is a verifiable fact?
.......btw the kkk has been drying off more and more every year..........have a great night my friend
The klan has not been a determining force for anything in the US since the 1920s, almost 100 years ago. If the klan died off completely, the anti-racists could not move fast enough to perform a resurrection on it.

And you have a good day. And I do mean that.
rooster cockburn

Brockwell, AR

#26 Apr 6, 2014
12 munities of truth, Listen to the end. Very interesting.

harrison

Harrison, AR

#27 Apr 9, 2014
Sam Bo wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason I have to believe we can get along just fine without any culture that came from blacks. I can see black culture running in gangs killing, Raping, stealing everything they can get their hand on, Spray paint on every wall and building in the areas where they live. over flowing our jails and prison, welfare, food stamps and the list goes on and on. At the cost of millions and millions of dollars put on the hard working taxpayers. Yes we can see the black culture hard at work in America.
Name one, Only one town, City, Neighborhood, Workplace name anyplace blacks have gained in numbers or taken over and improved on?

you dont think we dont have all the already here in Harrison ?????? wake up racist and look around

squeezers

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

The Woods

#28 Apr 10, 2014
harrison wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont think we dont have all the already here in Harrison ?????? wake up racist and look around
Try that again but slow down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min The FACTory 222,023
News Al Gore praises Gov. Jerry Brown for climate ch... 22 min fingers mcgurke 24
News Foxconn announces US manufacturing plant in Wis... 34 min uchrisbrownq 1
News Ronald Phillips 44 min POPS 1
News Proposed California climate deal takes aim at t... 49 min Coal is King 56
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... 2 hr Wondering 30
News California knocks Trump as it extends climate c... 2 hr non homo pheobie 3
More from around the web