Commentary: GOP must embrace immigration reform

Mar 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: McClatchy

The wake-up call Republicans received last Election Day has the party and some of its more popular and strident leaders engaged in an "extreme makeover." It was as if that alarm clock Nov.

Comments
1 - 20 of 64 Comments Last updated Mar 10, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Haiti

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

yes the must if the want the white house in 2016
Haiti

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

the republican party not stupid they got smart like chris christie
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Most Republicans sitting in our WH are so up Obama's arse they have lost their true Conservative values/the meaning. Most are a bunch of old useless goats who simply go along with Obama's agenda just simply to get along,AKA-Traitors/flip floppers.
We need to continue to replace these old geezers with good,young minded men/women who follow our Constitution and Conservative values.,,,,and we will replace each and every one of them.
The American people have had all they can take.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Haiti wrote:
the republican party not stupid they got smart like chris christie
As I said before and will continue to say and believe ,,, Republicans do not need to pander to the Hispanics.
juan

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

VIVA LA RAZA!!!!!!@@
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

juan wrote:
VIVA LA RAZA!!!!!!@@
America Lives !!!!
Nanuq

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before and will continue to say and believe ,,, Republicans do not need to pander to the Hispanics.
I agree they should stick with toothless hillbillies . We will have a republican president when Ronald Reagan will raise up from grave because he pandered the Hispanics
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Nanuq wrote:
<quoted text> I agree they should stick with toothless hillbillies . We will have a republican president when Ronald Reagan will raise up from grave because he pandered the Hispanics
Are you a Stand-up comedian,i.diot?
potter

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

The Republicans have no other recourse but to do something about immigration. They were convinced that they wont have a Republican president without the Latino and Asian votes.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

GOP would have won the election if their own member chris christie hadn't stabbed them in the back. No need to change their message - they need to toss out the traitors like fatboy.
Ifeanyi

Brakpan, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

‘Once beaten,' they say,'twice shy.’ Republicans are not about to repeat the mistake that deprived them a chance to replace a government that oversaw one of the worst economic depressions since World War II. Who said Obama wasn't a brilliant strategist? He used the many unanswered immigration questions to his advantage. Or how else could he have pulled off a massive November 2012 landslide without an outside help? In one single move, the president is answering all the calls from ‘illegals’, Latinos and even the far-rights. To the ‘illegals’, he is regularizing their stay; to the Americans, the President is finally closing the door against unwelcome immigrants. Could you think of any better way to kill many birds with one stone?
I have lived in several countries across the globe, largely as an immigrant. I know what it is like fleeing your native country into another. No one leaves his natural habitat when prevailing conditions are favorable. Immigrants that bring crimes and lawlessness should be deported without hesitation. The president has deported about 400000 since incepting power. The landowners couldn't be happier.
Based on my immigration experiences from all over the places, I would suggest that people of similar ethnic grouping should live together and not emigrate. I did not mince words in my book titled ‘Evicted From My Space’.(at leading online bookstores) This book reveals all the evils I experienced during my 22 years of skipping borders. I have lived with several peoples of the world; I have been the guinea pig used in studying people’s reactions in several immigration situations.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
GOP would have won the election if their own member chris christie hadn't stabbed them in the back. No need to change their message - they need to toss out the traitors like fatboy.
Yes. They do not need somebody with a 74% approval rating. Especially somebody who acts in his constituent's best interests. It is much better to be a pure teabagger and lose elections.
Nanuq

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Stand-up comedian,i.diot?
Shock me, say something intelligent.You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen .I'd slap you, but that would be animal abuse... Take my advice go n f yourself
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

The GOP just has to promise freebies, free everything, citizenship, get out of jail free cards and they'll get their vote.!!! But people with integrity and decency will not allow the third World trash to decide the future of this Country. Someone with the power of intellect and integrity will eventually surface and get rid of the crooks that run this Government right now.If we don't stop thieves from invading America, this Country and it's promises of freedom and democracy are history.
Truth Speaker

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

juan wrote:
VIVA LA RAZA!!!!!!@@
Viva la roaches! I see you are taking time off from contributing to the economic growth of America with your high-powered leaf blower, Juan, to post your wet back nonsense.
North American Proud

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

I doubt the GOP will embrace immigration for 3 reasons: they will get more profits in their corporations by paying backbreaking non-citizens under the table, they get lots of campaign contributions from prisons for profit organizations like the GEO group to keep locking people up and collect taxpayer money, and most are old white guys that don't have hispanic, asian, or black friends.
North American Proud

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ifeanyi wrote:
‘Once beaten,' they say,'twice shy.’ Republicans are not about to repeat the mistake that deprived them a chance to replace a government that oversaw one of the worst economic depressions since World War II. Who said Obama wasn't a brilliant strategist? He used the many unanswered immigration questions to his advantage. Or how else could he have pulled off a massive November 2012 landslide without an outside help? In one single move, the president is answering all the calls from ‘illegals’, Latinos and even the far-rights. To the ‘illegals’, he is regularizing their stay; to the Americans, the President is finally closing the door against unwelcome immigrants. Could you think of any better way to kill many birds with one stone?
I have lived in several countries across the globe, largely as an immigrant. I know what it is like fleeing your native country into another. No one leaves his natural habitat when prevailing conditions are favorable. Immigrants that bring crimes and lawlessness should be deported without hesitation. The president has deported about 400000 since incepting power. The landowners couldn't be happier.
Based on my immigration experiences from all over the places, I would suggest that people of similar ethnic grouping should live together and not emigrate. I did not mince words in my book titled ‘Evicted From My Space’.(at leading online bookstores) This book reveals all the evils I experienced during my 22 years of skipping borders. I have lived with several peoples of the world; I have been the guinea pig used in studying people’s reactions in several immigration situations.
Just one detail to correct...Obama has deported 1.5 million people since taking office...400,000/year the past 2 years alone. He certainly isn't a friend of the "illegals" or the 5,000 US children that were thrust into foster care since their parents were deported away.
juan

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Truth Speaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Viva la roaches! I see you are taking time off from contributing to the economic growth of America with your high-powered leaf blower, Juan, to post your wet back nonsense.
Si se puede! Soon compadre! Putos green goats!
The buda21

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

juan wrote:
<quoted text>Si se puede! Soon compadre! Putos green goats!
i claro compadre si se puede
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

LOL...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••