Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222748 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119271 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you cannot show a post where i said the mustard was a tree. you know it and I know it. i did say they could resemble a small tree. you are only arguing on your poor reading comprehension. fail on your part again. puff fart stink
Poor reading comprehension, indeed. >The Bible states< the mustard seed grows to become the greatest in the garden (and it becomes a tree). You have defended that.
As a statement of fact it's false (go figure). As a parable, it's a no brainer that large things almost always start out small.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119272 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
no apology needed. i never threw a fit over personal attacks. i merely asked where it had been done.
It's rampant on some threads. Just browse the topics in any given city and you're likely to find them. If you don't mind, I'd rather not post links to such misbehavior.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119273 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
The mustard is not a tree, can't help.
Bats are not birds, insects don't have four legs, donkeys don't talk...
Genesis 1:29 shows that long before the parable of the mustard seed the Semites knew the difference between an herb and a tree.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#119274 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should not answer questions posed from A to B?
It is a public forum here.
At least I am not dodging all the questions posed.
Like I answered already, I would not like someone else saying I don't have anything better. I would think you would refrain from insulting C, until after he made a defence.
A public forum does not give you the right to be rude.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119275 Jul 31, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I answered already, I would not like someone else saying I don't have anything better. I would think you would refrain from insulting C, until after he made a defence.
I have no issue with anyone weighing in on a public forum. It is not a private conversation, I was not insulted and I've written nothing on the matter that requires a defense - at least not from me, and you can't seriously be expecting me to propose a defense/excuse for you because you've got nothing better.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#119276 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
technically isn't every continent an island and every country that is surrounded by the oceans or seas be it big or small being they are surrounded by water an island?
the true answer is yes, cyprus is a country even though it is a small island. matter of fact it is considered an "island country". cyprus is the third largest and third most populous island in the mediterranean sea. it is a member state of the european union and part of the middle east geographic area.
No, that is not the definition of a continent. In fact Only two continents are islands by themselves. Five out of the seven continents are attached by land to some other continents. Between Asia and Europe the boundary is even sketchier. Cyprus the island is not just one country. Cyprus has been a mixture of people of mostly Greek and Turkish descent and since 1974 it has had a split that is very similar to the split we see today in the Ukraine. The southern part of the island belongs to the E.U., which is a political body. Not all European countries belong to the E.U. Countries which are not in Europe are in the E.U.. Cyprus for one, Iceland for another. And though traditionally Iceland has been said to be "European" it is no more European than Hawaii is part of North America. Iceland is not part of the European land mass. It is an island on the Mid-Atlantic rift.

And you still have not dealt with the fact that the sources that you provided said that only the Asian parts of Turkey are Middle Eastern.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119277 Jul 31, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, to my knowledge you have not yet addressed acquired pesticide resistance in insects through natural means vs. the unfalsifiable magic of "God's design." Instead, you attack the messenger - who in my case was just being sarcastic of your devotion to ignorance. You don't seem very proficient at self defense.
The Dude

UK

#119279 Jul 31, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a known liar for Jesus it's a wonder why a hypocrite like yourself would even care. Then I remembered the fundie martyr complex.
The Dude

UK

#119280 Jul 31, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep talking
I will.

And you will keep cowering.
The Dude

UK

#119281 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
ketchup is better
It's a miracle. We agree on something!

Everett, WA

#119282 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
last post just to shove it up your asss again if it can get around your head:
lets try this one more time. i will make this simple for you.
There are about 40 species of mustard plants. The ones used to make the commercial mustard products are the black, brown and white mustard. White mustard, which originated in the Mediterranean basin, is what largely ends up as bright yellow hot dog mustard; brown mustard, which originated in the Himalayas, is the basic Chinese restaurant mustard served in America and the basis for most American and European mustards; and black mustard is popular in the Middle East and Asia Minor, where it originated (it needs to be hand-harvested, so isnít used much in the West). The mustard plant is in the same family as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, collard, kale and kohlrabi.
http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/condime... .
notice in the first 3 lines your white mustard "White mustard, which originated in the Mediterranean basin, <<<which is what you posted a link on was white mustard.
notice the in the last 4 lines "and black mustard is popular in the Middle East and Asia Minor, where it originated <<<<<<NOTICE WHAT THIS SENTENCE SAYS!!!!
good day dipshyt idiot jack wagon.
One more time you idiot. Your first link on this subject did not work. I pointed it out to you. I found several links that said white mustard was from the Mediterranean basin and said nothing about black mustard. I found other links that mentioned only white mustard. The first link you found that worked said something about black mustard growing in South America. Then you finally found another that said it grew in southern Europe and did not mention it growing in the Middle East at all. I pointed out that you still had not found anything that showed black mustard grew in the Middle East.

Then you went off the rails trying to claim, and failing incredibly badly that the Middle East included Europe.

Finally you found this link and I congratulate you. But at no time did I ever say that black mustard was not from the Middle East. I pointed out that my sources said white mustard was from there and if anything your sources said it was not from there. You continually failed in an epic manner. It was hilarious.

Now you that you finally found a link that says black mustard grows in the Middle East and you want to declare victory? You forgot what started this. You had a picture of a bush that was much taller than the eight feet that even your black mustard can grow to. It was from a bogus site and the only thing that indicated it was a mustard plant was the unsupported claim by a biased site.

You have a lot of work to accomplish before you declare victory. And a lot of apologizing too.

Get to it jack wagon.

Everett, WA

#119283 Jul 31, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a miracle. We agree on something!
I prefer mustard. Or failing that if I use a tomato based condiment I use salsa.

And try using tartar sauce on your french fries or chips. That is how we do it in the Pacific Northwest. That may be because we have so much good fresh fish that we have no real use for tartar sauce. Someone tried dipping a french fry into it and the revolution was on!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#119284 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Yes.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119285 Jul 31, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer mustard. Or failing that if I use a tomato based condiment I use salsa.
And try using tartar sauce on your french fries or chips. That is how we do it in the Pacific Northwest. That may be because we have so much good fresh fish that we have no real use for tartar sauce. Someone tried dipping a french fry into it and the revolution was on!
In Germany they are called "pommes frites" and often eaten with mayonnaise. Pretty tasty that way too.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119286 Jul 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes.
NO.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119287 Jul 31, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
In Germany they are called "pommes frites" and often eaten with mayonnaise. Pretty tasty that way too.
Which, BTW, is a loan word out of French.
The habit to eat pommes frites with mayonnaise comes from Belgium, who are the real pommes frites people, especially the Flemish part. They call it "frieten" (=plural, singular "friet") or "patat". Traditionally they are served in cones: https://www.google.nl/search... .

Famous also are the "frietkotten" ("kot" = "sty, cot, slum"). They look like this:
https://www.google.nl/search...
and are to be found everywhere in Belgium, Holland and parts of Germany.

Mjam scrunch, gnap!

(but they are bad if you are on a diet - or want to prevent to go on a diet).
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#119288 Jul 31, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I prefer dark sauce or mayonnaise. But I don't drown 'em in that shit.

;-p
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#119289 Jul 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes.
NO!

Uh, what are we talking about?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#119290 Jul 31, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I will.
And you will keep cowering.
Great! your lying and stupidity argue better than I ever could

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119291 Jul 31, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! your lying and stupidity argue better than I ever could
A third year kindergarten student argues better than you ever could.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 4 min Chilli J 309
News Michigan sued after gay couples are rejected fo... 22 min Ex Senator Santpo... 36
News Shadows of secrecy begin to spread across feder... 1 hr Laredo 7
News Alliance of blue states vows to meet Paris clim... 2 hr tomin cali 2
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 2 hr MeowMix 80
News Investigators: Pilots erred in Pence plane's sk... 8 hr RustyS 5
News Activist takes down Confederate flag outside So... (Jun '15) 14 hr southern at heart 365
More from around the web