Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223189 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

KJV

Fenton, MO

#26339 May 13, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it's kinda hard for imaginary friends to disappoint you.

Actually, all of my friends have always been there for me when I needed them.

If yours haven't, perhaps that says something about your ability to choose friends. No wonder you've switched to imaginary ones.
No problem here.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Rio Rancho, NM

#26340 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet
You people really are this stupid. Aren't you?

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#26341 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
A book written by men whom were inspired by God or given the word by God.
And you know this because ... the men who wrote the Bible said so.

Have you ever heard the term 'circular reasoning'?

Now, you do realize that every other religion and religious text has also made the same claim and none of them have been supported by anything other than wishful thinking and conjecture, right?
KJV

Fenton, MO

#26342 May 13, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>And you know this because ... the men who wrote the Bible said so.

Have you ever heard the term 'circular reasoning'?

Now, you do realize that every other religion and religious text has also made the same claim and none of them have been supported by anything other than wishful thinking and conjecture, right?
Well you can't hold a candle to it Ted!
The bible talks about the rise and fall of kingdoms and country's and today's has been 100% accurate.

I'll tell you if someone told me 1900 times what was going to happen the next day and was right each time the next few thing he told me you damn certain I'd believed him.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#26343 May 13, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
That doesn't make them correct
If correctness is not determined by actual usage of relevant practitioners, then how exactly does one go about determining correctness?
Aura Mytha wrote:
But Ape is the hairless tailless most human like variety of the
primates. Feel free to look it up .
I looked up information as to how biologists currently use the word "ape". Under that current usage, humans qualify.

#26344 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible talks about the rise and fall of kingdoms and country's and today's has been 100% accurate.
I'll tell you if someone told me 1900 times what was going to happen the next day and was right each time the next few thing he told me you damn certain I'd believed him.
Now you are just making stuff up. You also realize that Bible has been re-written a number of times and even changed to support the politics of the day (KJV comes to mind). Do you really know anything on the subject, or are you simply repeating someone else's comments hoping they are true?

Do you also follow Nostradamus as well?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26345 May 13, 2012
Mona wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for all the info, I started to read over it, there is alot to absorb, I'll comeback to it later, and let u know if I am convinced that we evolved from apes.
Whether you are personally convinced or not is irrelevant. Reality is what it is whether or not our opinions agree with it, and lack of knowledge of a subject is not the best position from which to level criticism from.

We are not here to convince the incredulous, but merely present the facts for what they are.

99.9% of those who reject evolution do so for religious reasons, not scientific. They tend to reject inconvenient facts, and in the process lie to us, and quite likely to themselves also.
FREE SERVANT
#26346 May 13, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
But he does use deception...
No, he allows satan to do that. If we believe God and fear his vengeance, it will be proven by this.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26347 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Fe fi fo fum I think KK does not take me seriously she's no fun.
The Nylon Bug is really all you have to hang your hat on. And yet it's a mutation was a shifting of DNA not adding.
Base insertions are additions of genetic material, not shuffling, no matter how much you wanna spin it.
KJV wrote:
To get the real diversity of all of earths life from rocks (later known as pond scum or the primordial soup) after the rain. DNA must be added and added regularly really billions or more times to see what we have around us today. Darwinism just can't explain it. And yet you jump all over it and make love to it while worshiping it at the same time. Lady with the odds you like to play with stay clear of Vagas.
"Darwinism" may not be able to explain it, but we both know that "Darwinism" is your made-up version of evolution you argue against so you can avoid addressing the real thing. And since your alternative is Goddidit with magic, this means that (once again) you have to resort to being a typical lying fundie hypocrite in order to pretend that reality isn't real.

So tell me, why are you purposefully ignoring the 9th Commandment? Again?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26348 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude look out there's someone pissing on your rug.
I agree, you *are* incapable of dealing with reality.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26349 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you're more like the other Lebowski then the Dude. Mellow out
Jeff.
I'm very chilled. Since you have to lie and I don't, biology suggests your stress levels are generally higher. The Dude abides.

Since: Sep 07

Sherman Oaks, CA

#26351 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there isn't a single prediction in the Bible which has SPECIFICITY.

It's EXTREMELY easy to say:
"Oh, see here, it says a beast with seven heads... that means Ronald Reagan obviously."

That's not a prediction coming true. That's your assigning something based on absolutely nothing.

A prediction needs multiple things to be considered accurate:

1) Written and witnessed BEFORE the events took place. NOTHING which is both predicted AND accomplished in the Bible fits this. If it's in the Bible, it could not have happened AFTER the Bible was written.

2) Specificity. Anyone reading the prediction knows SPECIFICALLY what is being predicted and will be able to confirm that it came true without any question. Further, NO TWO THINGS can both be considered plausible confirmations.

If ANYTHING was declared to be the fulfillment of the prophecy before whatever you are currently claiming is the fulfillment, then both are automatically negated.

3) Not obvious. It's USELESS to predict something like "The moon will blot out the sun." Duh. It happens REGULARLY on a predictable cycle.

Nothing in the Bible accurately fits even ONE of these points, let alone all three.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#26352 May 13, 2012
DON'T TELL ME...Ya still are on this notion..THAT we humans have EVOLVED from fish, to apes..FINALLY HUMANS...Think GOD may want ya to tell him your findings...AND THEY ARE BASED ON WHAT???
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26353 May 13, 2012
drink The hive wrote:
2 Me Creativity Feel' Like Relativity - Just That Instead Of MC^2 It Is...
You serve no purpose.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26354 May 13, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't make them correct, this is not a argument against evolution but a argument of definition.
You wont find man included as ape.
But Ape is the hairless tailless most human like variety of the
primates. Feel free to look it up . But honestly I think this classification is due to our doing the classifying. It does list a human acting like a ape is a ape lol.
http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Ape
Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.[1][2] Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.[3][4][5][6]

"Ape", Wiki
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26355 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
A book written by men whom were inspired by God or given the word by God.
And since you've never been given the word, you worship a book about God, instead of God. Idolatry.

Which is a sin.
FREE SERVANT
#26356 May 13, 2012
Satan tried to cause Jesus to accept as true or valid what was invalid. Jesus resisted and overcame every temptation common to man by quoting scripture and proving his faith. Yes, deception is very real in our world today, because of man's disbelief in God, and those that will be led astray from the real truth which is in Jesus, may do so if that is the choice, however, God is not willing that any should perish but come to repentance and receive what he has offered through his only begotten Son Jesus the Messiah.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26357 May 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Except for the shape of the Earth, the Flood... and if any city is still standing when the Bible said it shouldn't then it just means it hasn't happened yet.

#26358 May 13, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
DON'T TELL ME...Ya still are on this notion..THAT we humans have EVOLVED from fish, to apes..FINALLY HUMANS...Think GOD may want ya to tell him your findings...AND THEY ARE BASED ON WHAT???
It's called 'evidence'. Try it, you might learn something.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#26359 May 13, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Evidence. Which you're not interested in.

No need to tell God. If God exists, it already knows because it did it. Duh.

Bye then.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The tale of Roy Moore, from Gadsden Mall to Ten... 1 hr Pulpit 15
News Senate Democrats stand united against GOP tax bill 1 hr Red Crosse 169
News Democratic female lawmakers call for Al Franken... Sat About time 110
News Bredesen joins race to succeed Sen. Corker in T... Sat commenters 1
News Farley-Bouvier Calling for DCF Changes In... (Feb '14) Fri DCF are MONSTERS 154
News Powerful allies molded Trumpa s view on Jerusalem Dec 8 Jeff Brightone 1
News Wisconsin AG recommends contempt charges agains... Dec 7 Roger 2
More from around the web