Guns in school: Bill filed this week ...

Guns in school: Bill filed this week would authorize armed volunteers at public schools

There are 2 comments on the Alabama Live story from Jan 25, 2013, titled Guns in school: Bill filed this week would authorize armed volunteers at public schools. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

Rep. Johnny Mack Morrow, D-Red Bay, pre-filed a bill this week that would allow Alabama public school personnel and other volunteers to train as reserve deputies and police officers , enabling them to have firearms on campus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

ted

Courtland, AL

#1 Feb 18, 2013
WHO IS PAYING for alabama public school personnel and other volunteers to TRAIN to be reserve deputies and police officers? Franklin County has money for this training?
roundabout

Leighton, AL

#2 Mar 4, 2013
mr morrow needs to explain to his voting pubic who is paying for training for reserve deputies to work at franklin county schools and police oficers need to be trained to work with school children i'm sure no police officer has ever had to take early childhood education classes and learn about the concrns of our children guns guns guns guns guns will not solve the problem in schools and let me ask the question again Where is the money coming from to pay for all this? everyone needs to get with mr morrow and ask him some questions about this bill he's trying to pass about training volunteers if anyone can find him other than in the newspapers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Quiet for a while, Palin's voice is back (Apr '11) 9 hr Tm Cln 75
News GOP candidate charged with misdemeanor assault ... 9 hr GOFIGURE 24
News NY Times Ties Montana Republican Tight to Trump... 12 hr Red Crosse 15
News Notre Dame students plan walkout during Pence s... 15 hr Hoosier Daddy 14
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... (Nov '16) 21 hr Looking for a sol... 2,429
News Gov. Branstad leaves Iowa with new voter ID, an... 21 hr he a sell out 1
News Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars (Aug '13) Fri Ulysses G 147
More from around the web