Kadner: Company seeks to open marijua...

Kadner: Company seeks to open marijuana store in Oak Forest

There are 7 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Sep 3, 2014, titled Kadner: Company seeks to open marijuana store in Oak Forest. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Oak Forest's planning and zoning commission tonight will consider granting a request to open a medical marijuana dispensary in a vacant two-story building at 15300 Cicero Ave. The building is just south of Oak Forest Bowl, next to a dentist's office and about a half-block from homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Resident Extreme

Oak Forest, IL

#1 Sep 3, 2014
Bring it on. Prohibition of any kind does not work and all you do is create a cottage black market industry. The fact that this country failed to learn the lessons of the last prohibition and the trouble that caused is maddening.

Whats that saying..."Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Harvey Man

Crete, IL

#2 Sep 19, 2014
So what ever happened with this? Haven't heard too much on it since this original article. Did it pass?
Res

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 19, 2014
Harvey Man wrote:
So what ever happened with this? Haven't heard too much on it since this original article. Did it pass?
It was turned down by the City Council 2 weeks ago.
Harvey Man

Crete, IL

#4 Sep 19, 2014
Res wrote:
<quoted text>It was turned down by the City Council 2 weeks ago.
Well that's a shame. Let me guess, it didn't fit the city's morals?
Ex Smart Guy

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2014
Res wrote:
<quoted text>It was turned down by the City Council 2 weeks ago.
I thought the second location at 153rd and Cicero was approved?
One Eye Open

Oak Forest, IL

#8 Sep 23, 2014
The jist of what I saw during the council meeting, is that the aldermen thought medical marijuana was a good idea, but don't like the particulars. Ensig and Simon, thought that the venue for medical marijuana should be in a place like CVS, not a locked down dispensary, and that we should wait till a broader plan is put foward by the federal government. The rest of the alderman -Toland, said that 153rd/Cicero wouldn't fit the image of the "ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT/DOWNTOWN" that Oak Forest has been "painstakingly " planning. Wolf was also concerned about the additional traffic problems it would bring to her ward.
Marcos

Forest Park, IL

#10 Sep 23, 2014
One Eye Open wrote:
The jist of what I saw during the council meeting, is that the aldermen thought medical marijuana was a good idea, but don't like the particulars. Ensig and Simon, thought that the venue for medical marijuana should be in a place like CVS, not a locked down dispensary, and that we should wait till a broader plan is put foward by the federal government. The rest of the alderman -Toland, said that 153rd/Cicero wouldn't fit the image of the "ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT/DOWNTOWN" that Oak Forest has been "painstakingly " planning. Wolf was also concerned about the additional traffic problems it would bring to her ward.
Election season is here .... get the petitions rolling!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Igor Trip 199,221
News News Supreme Court set to close out current ter... 6 min Hostis Publicus 4
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 6 min cpeter1313 152
News Kansas facing bigger fights over schools after ... 4 hr Karma Rules 1
News At Least 26 Dead in West Virginia Flooding 4 hr ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Why Evangelicals Should Be Terrified Of Trump, ... (Sep '15) 19 hr Wake Up People 15
News Wife of Nation's Lowest-Paid Governor Takes Wai... 19 hr Jack 3
More from around the web