Catchment area row after Maiden Erleg...

Catchment area row after Maiden Erlegh academy bid

There are 1 comment on the Get Reading story from Sep 16, 2010, titled Catchment area row after Maiden Erlegh academy bid. In it, Get Reading reports that:

An Earley school at the centre of a row over future admissions of Reading pupils could set its own catchment rules in the future if it becomes an academy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Get Reading.

Earley St Peters parent

UK

#1 Sep 16, 2010
I've lived here for 10 years and intend to for the next 10 at least. In the whole scheme of things a drop in my house value caused by taking us out of ME catchment is minor in comparison to how much it's gone up (even with the recent fall).
I agree for some it will be a factor, but they moved here knowing it was in ME catchment whereas those living in Lower Earley moved there knowing it WASN'T. They made a choice.
All that will happen is that those who can move will. In the long time both Wokingham and Reading need to address the shortfall in school places, especially given the big increase in birth rates in the last 10 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wokingham, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winnersh drug raids: 11 people bailed in Operat... Jun 25 Anonymous 1
News Councils will still have 'considerable spending... (Dec '14) Dec '14 James 2
News Road to Nowhere? IAM Lifts the Lid on the Amoun... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Nobody 1
News Rik Mayall seen making new film in Wokingham (Aug '11) Jul '14 anonymous person 2
News London Irish star Ian Gough charged with assaul... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Extra 1
News Your chance to rename Eustace Crescent (Feb '14) Feb '14 mail order Ting Tong 3
News Winnersh resident starts petition against new h... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Robert Mackie 1
More from around the web