Police found cocaine down a rabbit hole

Police found cocaine down a rabbit hole

There are 4 comments on the This Is North Devon story from Jun 20, 2012, titled Police found cocaine down a rabbit hole. In it, This Is North Devon reports that:

Glen Hilsden was jailed for seven years but the wife of the drugs dealer he supplied was cleared of being part of her husband's business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at This Is North Devon.

lee

Aberdeen, UK

#1 Jun 22, 2012
for starters glen hilsden was 110% innocent he was a courier and i have a number of comments on what true evidence they had on him (which was a joke) but to be honest the list goes on all his family and friends are very much upset but they and only thy his true friends know of his innocence and thats all what matters!i real decent man and careing stepdad wrongley convicted and i hope he appeals englands justice system is all wrong and sooner or later this country is goin to come crashing down under the current leadership
del

UK

#2 Jun 26, 2012
I do not prepose to comment upon Glens conviction but wish to point out what I believe to be gross negligence by his defence counsel.
The prosecution found two packages of cocaine at a property, alledgedly owned by one Mr Fielder, partner of Glens co -Defendent, one of which; the jury decided, was supplied by Glen.
When sentencing the prosecution asked the judge to bear in mind that Glen had been to devon on nine occasions and invited him to multiply the amount of pure cocaine found at Mr Fielders property by nine, this totals over 600 grammes of pure cocaine, this puts a person into a category two for sentencining.
Having seen the evidence presented and hearing that one of the packages was accepted by the prosecution to have already have been there prior to Glens arrival prosecution were only entitled to say one of the packages should be multiplied by nine to asscertain the true involvement of Glen.
The fact his barrister sat on his well paid arse instead of pointing out the prosecution had erred by doubling the relevent quantity which in turn allowed the judge to pass such a savage sentence.
Why did this go unchallenged?
Two possible conclusions can be drawn from this, 1 the defence was incompetent 2 they did a deal long before court.
Consider this the package said to have been delivered by Glen was 174 grammes at 16% which is 27.84 grammes of pure cocaine multiply this by nine and you come to a conspiracy worth only 250 grammes not the 600 the prosecution claimed and Glens counsel meekly aknowledged. Glens people don't allow the same people to handle his appeal they don't have a clue
Jeff

Llanelli, UK

#4 Jun 30, 2012
From what I have seen of the evidence glen Hilsden should be a free man innocent if you ask me I would appeal and get a new barrister.
Toni

Swansea, UK

#5 Jul 15, 2012
Has Any one suggested to Glen that he should get a new barrister to go ahead with his appeal? Then produce the new FACTUAL evidence that DEL written in above comment has researched and found!! Glen was clearly in wrong category for sentencing, and this forgotten evidence should be put forward to a NEW barrister that knows what his doing?? GET GLEN OUT!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Devon, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thumbnail image (Dec '13) Dec '13 sarah369 1
News 5. Get acquainted with our water infrastructure (Sep '12) Sep '12 Roadford 1
News Arrest made in Rogers Park arson (May '10) May '10 Mr NRA 1
News Co-Op Threatens Closure of Appledore Store (May '10) May '10 Rose Ash of Apple... 1
News Chicago-area Pakistanis React to Arrest (May '10) May '10 RadicalTim 1
News The CTA Route # 82 Kimball / Homan Avenue north... (Jul '09) Jul '09 alberto 1
More from around the web