Former Royals Academy player Jahson D...

Former Royals Academy player Jahson Downes is one of the six

There are 15 comments on the Get Reading story from Feb 28, 2011, titled Former Royals Academy player Jahson Downes is one of the six. In it, Get Reading reports that:

Two aspiring footballers were among a gang of six men who all admitted raping one of two girls under the age of 13.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Get Reading.

Mr shame onu

#1 Feb 28, 2011
I meet these guys! They deserve a great sentence! Because there attitudes towards people are disgraceful maybe because the sun always shines on them they think nothing bad can happen to them if it werent the law punishing them it could of been a next gang murdering them! What goes around comes around!

Godalming, UK

#2 Mar 1, 2011
If they dont go jail people might think it is ok raping a little girl and you can get away with it. Seriously what is this world coming to? Without the slightest doubt they should all be locked up right now, no ifs no buts! Theres people out there locked up right now for commiting the smallest crimes and these morons are out here enjoying freedom after raping a little girl. Disgusts me! Argghh!!!
Mr Angst

Feltham, UK

#3 Mar 5, 2011
Wel, well, well! I had the 'honour' of teaching Jahson Downes. A most unpleasant person with 'attitude' and an ugly character. I would like to see how he gets treated. As ye sow, so shall ye reap!
have fun in jail, Jahson!!!

Nottingham, UK

#4 Mar 17, 2011
None of you actually have a clue about the whole story, a girl was not raped at all. One little girls lies have damaged 6 boys lives.
And Mr Angst are you really that sad? Poor individual, get a life.
The facts

London, UK

#5 Mar 18, 2011
They are said to have admitted it and dna will be the ultimate truth.. What type of men do these things and more over raping together.. Nasty mind sets...
Ronan O Twattery

Nuneaton, UK

#6 Mar 18, 2011
"possible custodial sentences"????? they should get at least 20 years for this, even if they are footballers and at least one is ain a protected species.

“Keep Britain Pagan”

Since: Jun 08

London, UK

#7 Mar 18, 2011
Even if they do 20 years, which they wont, they'll still be relatively young when they get out.

This isn't the type of crime I'd put a 'tariff' to.

People who have it in them to commit crimes like this should be taken out of circulation until they're no longer a danger.
Perfect Stranger

Harrow, UK

#8 Mar 18, 2011
_Gaz wrote:
People who have it in them to commit crimes like this should be taken out of circulation until they're no longer a danger.

Especially in a society where footballers are considered role models for the younger generation. The punishment must be set to the maximum to send a clear message that this is just not acceptable.

And if role models want to engage in this behaviour, follow their story after their sentencing. Show them how nonces get treated in prison, show them how their cocky swagger dissipates after a lengthy spell inside. Show them their 'idols' after permanent chemical castration (if it were up to me anyway).

Thing is, this story is so wrong on so many levels. Where the f**k are the 12yo's parents? Why is this considered 'unsurprising' when footballers are concerned? Why do young children think they have to conform with sexual activities?
Ronan O Twattery

Nuneaton, UK

#9 Mar 18, 2011
I would really like to give them life, but I am afraid Ronan will think I am a racist or fascist for wanting to punish successful black rapists.

“Keep Britain Pagan”

Since: Jun 08

London, UK

#10 Mar 18, 2011
Ronan probably thinks the victims should be buried up to their necks and have rocks thrown at their heads by rabid nutters with beards until they die, whilst the perpetrators get off with a couple of lashes.
Family Friend

#11 Mar 29, 2011
It was actually statutory rape they were charged with. The media left out that word. Statutory rape.
The 'little girl' in question lied about her age and is currently under investigation by the police for a false rape allegation in a differnet incident. I admit what they did as a group was immoral and wrong. However, labelling them "rapists" and saying that they should get life is way over the top.
Family Friend

#12 Mar 29, 2011
And further more..the fact that they admitted their actions shows that they were misled. At least they were decent enough to admit it and throw themselves at the mercy of the court. The sentence they received reflected this. They could have gotten more time. However, the judge took into account that they were misled and the fact that they did not lie. Most people would have tried to lie their way out. So when you slate someone make sure and have all the facts instead of just jumping on the bandwagon.
Tinchy Sevs

#18 Apr 2, 2011
I'm a young Basingstoke fan and Downes was one of my favourite players! I believed in him and he let me down. Cheers Downsie you prick!!!!!!
Bad ass mofo

Heanor, UK

#20 Apr 11, 2011
Now we have work out who you r Look Out.

You big brave key bored hero.

If you know were we all live come on then you mug.
adam price

Warwick, UK

#21 Oct 19, 2011
erm if you actually all read the truth it would state CLEARLY that these men did nothing wrong?the girl said she was 16 and asked one by one for the men to come over?these men helped the police by admitting sexual contact but had no idea of her real age.its stupid little girls like this who have ruined these 6 young footballers lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tilehurst, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pincents Hill Tilehurst Decision Day is here: I... Oct '15 glos 1
News Final farewell to powerlifting champion Dean Mi... (Feb '13) Apr '13 Phil dorrington 4
News Lottery cash for Reading good causes (Jan '13) Mar '13 Playslip 2
News Pride of Reading nomination for Diane McDonald (Sep '12) Sep '12 School Rules 1
News Girl aged 13 raped in car park (Nov '10) Oct '11 deamon2009 52
News Project gives knife crime the boot (Mar '11) Mar '11 Aka me 1
News Tributes paid to balcony fall dad Alan Hodder (Aug '09) Aug '09 Carol Portis 2
More from around the web