Meet Johnny Depp's rival for Portishead Christmas lights switch-on

Oct 30, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Bristol Evening Post

Hollywood movie star Johnny Depp has a rival for the job of turning on Portishead's Christmas lights this year - his name is Nigel and he works in a DIY store in the town.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2009
jayne rhodes

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

great idea, nigel is a lovely guy and what a memory ! go buy some paint and months down the line you buy some more, nigel will remember the colour !
paige

Ilkeston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

nigel is not all that inportant all he did was lights no big deal i would of voted for johnny depp i cant beileve people from my town would vote for someone who is not that inportant johnny depp has done us proud hes the one who works hard to make good films for us to watch and all nigel does is work in homebase in portishead what is this world coming to people need to wake up and vote for johnny depp next time because i will never go and watch the lights being started if its our own town doing it actors yes if johnny depp was going to turn on the light i would be there like a shot hes my biggest fan
paige

Ilkeston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

and i dont live in swindon why is it doing my place wrong i live in portishead lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Portishead, England Discussions

Search the Portishead, England Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bristol Post published Massive tanker at Av... (Jun '13) Jun '13 temp85 1
The Post commented Skaters reapply to build par... (May '12) May '12 mgvdh2000 1
thepickler updated Well we all make them, but d... (Jan '11) Jan '11 just candid 2
Wade (Jun '09) Jun '09 Barry BILLINGTON 1
Police refuses to hand over images (Jun '09) Jun '09 Wiltshire Dale 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••