Oldham police officer wins award for bravery
Mar 15, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Manchester Evening News
A police officer who cornered and arrested a gunman has been given a top award. Pc Mohammed Kashif, based in Oldham, was named brave officer of the year at the Greater Manchester Police 'Oscars'. He was called to an attempted armed robbery at an off-licence on Ashton Road in the town.
Why award this copper for bravery this is what they are paid to do, whether the person has a gun, a knife or whatever. Wish I got awards for doing my job.
Hitting the Nail on the Head: Dr Pasha on Islam [Quote of the Day – 242]
“For those who really care to know what Islam is, here are some details:
- Islam is moderation. In everything you do.
- Islam is living in peace and amity with your neighbors. And with everyone else.
- It is building bridges among faiths, races, nationalities, cultures and colors.
- Islam is bringing all sorts of people together and saying something nice to and about everyone.
- Islam is concern for the old and compassion for the young. And it is absolute and unconditional respect for women. And it is caring for the poor, the needy and the homeless.
- And Islam is due regard for the rule of law; and for public order; and for public morality and accountability.
- At the same time, Islam is also striving for liberty, justice, fairness and equality for all.
- And Islam is speaking the truth, even when it may not be popular or convenient.
- And Islam is encouraging good things and discouraging bad things.
- And it is working to stop people from hurting or abusing other people.
- And Islam is bringing joy, hope and comfort to those in despair.
- And it is working to make life better for everyone in this world, friend or foe.
- And Islam is about being the best that you can be to your own family – and to your friends.
- And, more than anything else, Islam is loving and fearing God in heaven and loving and serving God’s creation right here on earth.
- And for those of us living in the West, as much as for anyone else living anywhere else in the world, Islam is, and always ought to be, an equal and visible and vocal partner, if not a leader, in the democratic process in the West and throughout the world at all levels.”(Dr. Pasha)
|Pontypool crime rate is amongst UK's worst acco... (Feb '11)||Jan '14||Damn Place||16|
|Hunt for sex predator as woman is raped twice i... (Oct '12)||Oct '12||savethechildren||7|
|Can single mums turn boys into men? (Jun '11)||Aug '11||Jayney||2|
|Raids target child sex exploitation (Jun '11)||Jun '11||The DePakinator||1|
|Chepstow crime rate is higher than the national... (Feb '11)||Feb '11||June||1|