Six held over shooting at farm

Six held over shooting at farm

There are 4 comments on the Andover Advertiser story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Six held over shooting at farm. In it, Andover Advertiser reports that:

Police have been granted more time to question a man and a woman arrested over the shooting of two suspected burglars Named by sources as Andy Ferrie, 35, he was arrested in the early hours of Sunday after he and his 43-year-old wife Tracey were disturbed by a break-in at their isolated farm in the Welby area of Leicestershire, near Melton Mowbray.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Andover Advertiser.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#1 Sep 4, 2012
I'm not surprised the home owners were arrested. They failed to hit the other two.
scum watch

London, UK

#2 Sep 4, 2012
well, if we were allowed to own multiple shot shotguns on a shotgun licence, the farmers could have up to 8 shots at burglar. Of course, with an FAC licence, you can own a multi shop semi auto. In the US , Mossberg sell the PERSUADER, a multi shot pump action with short barrel . It is intended secially for intruders
nipped in the bud

UK

#3 Sep 4, 2012
No doubt they were paler than Anders and therefore incapable of keeping a gun under control.
the 56 Mohamed brothers

UK

#4 Sep 5, 2012
supersonic boom wrote:
I'm not surprised the home owners were arrested. They failed to hit the other two.
in Texas you get fined for missing, or not killing on first shot. Walmarts sell shotgun slugs, a big lump of lead that will stop any burglar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melton Mowbray, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird News (Jul '14) Jul '14 rocky 1
News West Country beef and lamb joins ranks of UK's ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Pascal Caillette 2
News No charges over burglary shooting (Sep '12) Sep '12 DudTenners 5
News Couple Arrested After 'Burglars' Shot (Sep '12) Sep '12 Krypteia 9
News Army will move troops into RAF Cottesmore and R... (Sep '11) Sep '11 neobyzantine 1
News Cornish pasty gets protected status (Feb '11) Feb '11 bronck burger 1
News Europe protects British pig breed (Jun '10) Feb '11 silly bandz whole... 2
More from around the web