Condition of beach donkeys leads to welfare row

There are 4 comments on the Horse and Hound story from Aug 9, 2011, titled Condition of beach donkeys leads to welfare row. In it, Horse and Hound reports that:

A dispute has broken out over the condition of beach donkeys in Mablethorpe , Lincs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Horse and Hound.

biggerbyd

Lincoln, UK

#1 Aug 24, 2011
do you know what you are talking about. get your facts right
Mable

Spilsby, UK

#3 Aug 24, 2011
Biggerbyd, who do you think has not got their facts right?
sandra butterworth

Mansfield, UK

#4 Aug 22, 2013
the donkeys dont appear to be looked after with the proper care they need.. we were there last week ending 19th. there was'nt any water for their use on a very hot day . Further down the beach were 4 donkeys were being led by another male 2 had a 6ft something youth on who was so tall his feet were touching the sand,on another donkey was a even heavier youth who must have weighed at least 12 stone ! this poor donkey was stuggling to stand let alone walk ,when the poor donkey refused to moved it was shoved from behind and hit with a stick, these 2 donkey experiences were seen by many and complaints were made, but i feel to deaf ears. they all need to be look at by a qualified independant vet. and monitored , i feel if a volunteer mabe retired animal lover could oversee these beautiful gentle creatures, their lives would be better for it..
a spy on Monkey Island

UK

#5 Aug 22, 2013
unfortunately, horse and donkeys attract pikies and gyppos, a group of people who are very cruel to animals. Wherever there are gyppos, there will be cruelty to all animals, but donkeys and horse especially.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Market Rasen, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of pigs die in farm blaze (Aug '10) Feb '11 bosshog 7
News Builder offered girl a drag of his joint (Sep '09) Sep '09 steve g 8
News 4-Dec-07 - British Church Seeks to Recover Laps... (Dec '07) Dec '07 Edward Myob 1
More from around the web