A little girl beaten, but unbroken

Full story: Lowell Sun 22
Rushing to the hospital emergency room where her 10-month-old daughter lay critically injured, Jean Armstrong's heart sank as she stared at the horrific sight before her. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2008
You are a very strong woman. My heart goes out o you. That man should be in prison for a very-very-very long time. i hope he gets his head beat in. How could anybody do such a terrible thing to an innocent little baby.
her

Windsor, CT

#2 Mar 21, 2008
Sick Sick Puppy, this guy. They better convict him for a long long time.
Keryn

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Mar 21, 2008
Jean,
Thank god for you and Zoie. She is really an angel. I'm so glad to hear how good she's doing.
Justice is soon to come, you've been MORE than patient.:) Take Care
Nana

Leominster, MA

#4 Mar 21, 2008
It still hurts so bad. I love you both so much.
Cher

Nashua, NH

#5 Mar 21, 2008
What a beautiful little girl. Keep your head up high!

I hope he pays dearly for what he has done to her.
kay

Boston, MA

#6 Mar 21, 2008
What a beautiful child! My heart and prayers go out to you. I was brought up to forgive people, but in this case, I could never forgive this animal! May he spend his remaining days locked up forever! God bless you and you are in my prayers.
Ryan

Mystic, CT

#7 Mar 21, 2008
My heart suffers for that poor baby. I see no mention of who the father is only who it is not. A real man (a father) would never have let this happen to his child or have done this to a child. Ladies please stop dating monsters that are terrible to you and please stop fornicating and having babies before marriage. The innocent children from these so called life style choices seem to always pay physically and emotionally.
shannon fitchburg

AOL

#8 Mar 22, 2008
Jean this is a sad story with an amazing ending. Shen has grown so much!! You and you daughter has such a struggle and i am sorry!! Good luck in the futcher. Shannon (jackie) Fitchburg
Edie Nannas Fl

Dade City, FL

#9 Mar 22, 2008
While staying in touch with your mom about Zowie.I have felt great pain and sorrow for you all. Reading the report really gave me a new feeling of hope and happiness knowing that Zowie has been making progress. Thank God for that. My love and prayers are with you always.
Love
Edie
Family friend

Berlin, CT

#10 Mar 22, 2008
Ryan wrote:
My heart suffers for that poor baby. I see no mention of who the father is only who it is not. A real man (a father) would never have let this happen to his child or have done this to a child. Ladies please stop dating monsters that are terrible to you and please stop fornicating and having babies before marriage. The innocent children from these so called life style choices seem to always pay physically and emotionally.
Considering you do not know the entire story...I will help you out some. Let's start with your first comment about Zoie's Father. Zoie does have a Father, but he has chosen not to be in her life. That is between Zoie and her Mother. As far as Zoie's Mother choosing this MONSTER, I think this is a ridiculous satement! We do not choose the good and the bad people we bring into our lives. Noone has a neon sign that states if we are a good or bad person above our heads! The Mother in this story thought that this guy was a good person, as did her family, friends and also HIS friends and family! This guy was not a bad guy from the start, but ended up being a MONSTER! If you would please educate yourself before writing these statements, it would be much appreciated! You are entitled to your opinon, but keep it to yourself please! This is still a very difficult time for this family, and your comments are only hurting them.
You do not know aything about how Zoie was conceived or with whom, nor do you know the day-to-day struggle this Mother goes through. Think before you type next time.
Observer

Walpole, MA

#11 Mar 22, 2008
I often wonder where these people come from. It's not a normal person who would attack a defenseless child. Aren't adults supposed to protect children? I hope this guy gets a prison sentence that will last until this little girl is 100% again plus 10 years.
RoLyPe

Southbridge, MA

#12 Mar 22, 2008
It seems that it's always Mom's boyfriend who inflicts this stuff on the kids.Hard to believe that these women see no signs that these guys have the potential to be abusers. Couldn't he just have called and said, come home, I'm gonna lose it ?

My heart goes out to little Zoie, and I hope the cretinous animal who beat her makes lots of good friends in prison. I understand that child abusers are very popular - esp in the showers !
anonaymous

Fairport, NY

#13 Mar 22, 2008
i would kill the guy who did this
lisa

Worcester, MA

#14 Mar 23, 2008
So now I'm sitting here in tears. What an awful thing to happen to a child. I hope there is some sort of fund for this family.
tired

Gloucester, MA

#15 Mar 23, 2008
I hope this big tough baby beater winds up in a cell with the Mcguanne pukes from Ayer. That should be punishment enough.
Prinzess

Arlington, TX

#16 Mar 23, 2008
It i so sad that you guys have to suffer from his ignorance. He has to pay for what he has done sooner or later. You cotinue to be strong for your daughter and both of you guys will be pk. I will continue to keep both of you in my prayers.
Amy

Framingham, MA

#17 Mar 26, 2008
I love you both so so much!
classmate

Worcester, MA

#18 Mar 27, 2008
i knew the baby beater as a teen as well as the mother in this case...the mother is the sweetest person you'll ever meet, and the father was always a nice guy. This case is so heartbreaking,and i'll pray for the mom and baby.

as for the people who are saying ill comments as to why she chose this monster or children before marriage...seriously people get a fuckin clue...keep your bullshit explanation to yourself.
TCC

Gloucester, MA

#19 Mar 27, 2008
Another case for the death penalty. But I'm sure we will hear from people that we need to get this nice child beater a job so we can rehabilitate him.
The H E L L with that. This puke needs to be exterminated.
Kayla

East Derry, NH

#20 Mar 27, 2008
My heart tore to pieces the first time I heard this story, and still breaks every time I think of it. Jean is the true definition of a super mom. I only hope that if I was ever in her position, that I could be half as strong of a person she is. It is absolutely incredible how high she can still hold her head after all that her and Zoie have been through. Zoie is an absolute miracle.

And to the ignorant jerks who try to play this blame up on a mother's personal decisions, then shame on you. I would love witness a 10 minute interaction between you and Jean, and see you then eat your words and grovel at her feet, because you have not a damn clue of what you are talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leominster, Wales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man allegedly stabs three at bar - Sentinel & E... (Jun '08) May '12 none ya 61
No bail for man charged with attempted murder -... (Oct '10) Nov '10 confused 11
New Leominster Lowe's gives customers a sneak p... (Dec '07) Oct '10 Rico Suave 17
North Central Massachusetts Community Calendar ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 pat toms 3
North Central Massachusetts Community Calendar ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 An educated Voter 1
'Psychic healer' who claims he can cure cancer ... (Mar '10) Jun '10 eve 6
North Central Massachusetts Community Calendar ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 K Basque 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:31 pm PST