Patient Access To Chosen GP Is Key To Reducing Non-Emergency Hospital Admissions

Apr 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MediLexicon

A University of Leicester study has provided clear evidence that allowing a patient to see a particular doctor in the GP surgery has an important impact on reducing hospital admissions.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Harry Longman

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

This is very significant in demonstrating a causal link, and is a call to action.
How to measure and improve continuity in general practice? We work with GPs, enabling them to adopt the Patient Access method, where one has shown an improvement from 48% to 97% continuity in just three weeks. www.patient-access.org.uk

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

I'd choose Dr Shipman any day!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leicester City, England Discussions

Search the Leicester City, England Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Suspended on last day of school [8] (Jan '11) Jun 25 Aaliyah 11
Richard III to receive burial fit for a king : ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 SpaceBlues 1
Leicester Mercury published Cases dealt with at... (Jun '13) Jun '13 leicester 1
Main image for Belgrave Flyover demolition: One... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Alps 1
Looking family/descendents of Gertrude Lucy Let... (Jul '10) Jul '10 majormomma 2
Woman airlifted after sledging accident as weat... (Jan '10) Jan '10 sf leics 1
Playground birth video shocks Britain (May '09) Jun '09 HotChoc 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••