NHS chiefs weed out the smokers

Aug 13, 2011 Full story: Southtyneside Today

SOUTH Tynesiders have quit smoking in huge numbers, according to new NHS figures.

Full Story
VillageMystery

Huntsville, AL

#1 Aug 13, 2011
I just don't get it. They monitor the people quitting but only in a "How are you feeling" kind of way and they do weekly carbon monoxide tests on the lungs. If decades of smoking effect all these organs then wouldn't quitting effect them also? It's not like the body goes, "Oh I feel so much better". The body only knows change - not good or bad - just change.

A woman smokes for 40 years, quits, and starts taking some pharmaceutical, and then only has her lungs checked?

How can there be a smoking cessation program with medical professionals that do not even check people's blood pressure? Maybe they do but it doesn't mention it in the article nor on their own website.

It's bizarre how something can become something other than what it is just through propaganda. Still nothing changes the FACT that addiction to tobacco AND the process of witholding the tobacco from the addiction are biological phenomenon and the latter has consequences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jarrow, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Straight lad curious (Mar '13) Oct 19 pur1 3
City's World Heritage Site fight goes on despit... (May '12) May '12 Karen Schousboe 1
Ofsted brands Jarrow School 'inadequate' (Nov '09) Aug '11 JarraArra 2
Jarrow Bus Station (Aug '11) Aug '11 JarraArra 1
North dancers in final of Sky One's Got To Dance (Jan '10) Jan '10 ella 1

Jarrow, England People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE