Can the Lib Dems win outright? Let's ...

Can the Lib Dems win outright? Let's take a deep dive into the marginals

There are 2 comments on the Plunderbund story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Can the Lib Dems win outright? Let's take a deep dive into the marginals. In it, Plunderbund reports that:

Lots of buzz about the Lib Dems taking control of the momentum in the UK election, since Nick Clegg's debate performance last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Plunderbund.

Holly

Gillingham, UK

#1 Apr 29, 2010
There is not enough discussion about the policies or ability of would be Prime Minister.
Some campaigns even insulted our (the voters’) intelligence by trying to frighten people in order to get what they want. For example: The Tories claimed that if we don’t vote for them to get a majority, there will be a hung parliament, which promises to bring the economy to its knees and send interest rates soaring, and this could "paralyse" Britain etc, etc. Apart from guessing and quoting 1974 as an example, they do not have any concrete evidence. Have they forgotten or hidden the fact that it was under the Tories, interest rate went up to 17%(15 Nov 1979)? From that point the interest rate was consistently high under Tories.

Until recently, I wasn’t 100% sure what party I will vote for. I just knew that I wouldn’t vote for anyone who cannot give some genuine reasons to vote for their party. I would vote for a party whose policies are agreeable for me, my family and our society and would vote for a party that has a leader who can talk on the world stage and can influence and persuade leaders from the EU/other European countries/America and the rest of the world to get what Britain needs/wants. I don’t want ‘Drop Out’ minded PM. So, I can see only one party and one man fit the criteria:‘Lib Dem’ and ‘Nick Clegg’.

They say it is impossible for Nick Clegg to win outright. It will be impossible only if we let other people brain wash us and if we don’t vote for Lib Dem because we are scare of the possibility of ‘a hung parliament’. If you believe in Lib Dem Policies and if you have gut to follow your believe/instinct Vote for Nick Clegg and Lib Dem. We cam make the ‘impossible’ possible!
rebel

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 29, 2010
They cannot win unless it is true the entire country is on antidepressants.
What a huge mistake...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Peak, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High Peak flies the flag for Commonwealth Day (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ivan Bell 1
News Glossop Indian first to serve non halal curries (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ivan Bell 1
News All set for Buxton's Christmas lights switch-on (Nov '13) Nov '13 Buxton resident 1
News How historian puts best foot forwards to keep t... (Oct '11) Oct '11 The Miller 1
News Bantam breeders celebrate club anniversary (Feb '09) Feb '09 Pippa 1
More from around the web