Willmett Solicitors believed to be in administration

Dec 2, 2009 Full story: Get Wokingham 1,197

Willmett Solicitors based in Reading and Woodley is believed to have gone into administration.

Full Story
shifty bubble

Wimborne, UK

#166 Feb 13, 2010
dont get annoyed get even wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, the 2.75m was unrelated to the Weybridge flats. This was a loan made a bank to buy a site - the money was paid to Willmetts/Rigsby who simply kept it, the banks thought up to recently that they were funding a development but have now discovered that the 2.75 has gone! No greeks here - just english crooks!
what? the bank simply paid it to willmetts/rigby and they kept it?? wheres it gone then, cant just dissappear. didnt the bank chase it, sounds very strange if they didnt
shifty bubble

Wimborne, UK

#168 Feb 13, 2010
Entwistle (with his able assistant Gilbert of Willmetts) also raised a loan of 2.75m against property he did not buy (see previous comments from others). The vendors have a charge against their property, the stupid bank has given the money to Entwistle via Gilbert who get away with it.

it looks like the bank are the stupid ones according to your prior posting

Since: Feb 10

Preston, UK

#169 Feb 13, 2010
shifty bubble wrote:
<quoted text>
what? the bank simply paid it to willmetts/rigby and they kept it?? wheres it gone then, cant just dissappear. didnt the bank chase it, sounds very strange if they didnt
Money paid to Willmett solicitor as normal who should have paid to property owners. Rigsby simply failed to add their bit of cash to the purchase price and therefore did not complete on completion day. The vendors were packed and outside the property they were buying ready to move in (and so with other owners further up the chain), as no money came from Rigsby to complete they all had to turn round and move back into homes that they thought they had sold. By the time the bank got concerned that debt not being serviced Rigsby were protected in CVA. Vendors took Rigsby to High Court and won case but no money.

As the debt appears on the list of liabilities of the company and as the property owners did not get it that leaves one happy gambler with 2.75m in his bank account. Who are the bank going to chase? the charge is on a property that has not been purchased, Rigsby are in administration and the director has limited liability, whilst the taxpayers will now pick it up as a toxic debt.
shifty bubble

Wimborne, UK

#170 Feb 13, 2010
dont get annoyed get even wrote:
<quoted text>
Money paid to Willmett solicitor as normal who should have paid to property owners. Rigsby simply failed to add their bit of cash to the purchase price and therefore did not complete on completion day. The vendors were packed and outside the property they were buying ready to move in (and so with other owners further up the chain), as no money came from Rigsby to complete they all had to turn round and move back into homes that they thought they had sold. By the time the bank got concerned that debt not being serviced Rigsby were protected in CVA. Vendors took Rigsby to High Court and won case but no money.
As the debt appears on the list of liabilities of the company and as the property owners did not get it that leaves one happy gambler with 2.75m in his bank account. Who are the bank going to chase? the charge is on a property that has not been purchased, Rigsby are in administration and the director has limited liability, whilst the taxpayers will now pick it up as a toxic debt.
all sounds a bit too easy to me, thanks for the reply
Strange Dave

West Drayton, UK

#171 Feb 13, 2010
Hi Guys,your not going to like this,Mark Entwistle
Sister in Law Sarah Hill work as a moderator for Topix.Which means he has all your E mail address.
Use email address which do not have your names on
or sites which you can not be id from.Posting 147 is Mark Entwistle.I have just had call to confirm
this.
You are strange dave

UK

#172 Feb 13, 2010
Strange Dave wrote:
Hi Guys,your not going to like this,Mark Entwistle
Sister in Law Sarah Hill work as a moderator for Topix.Which means he has all your E mail address.
Use email address which do not have your names on
or sites which you can not be id from.Posting 147 is Mark Entwistle.I have just had call to confirm
this.
noone uses emails on here it's anonymous you numpty. I doubt he would give a sh2t anyway, he's out spending that 6m the bank kindly gave him if you believe any of the posts above . Good luck to them
Strange Dave

West Drayton, UK

#173 Feb 13, 2010
You are strange dave wrote:
<quoted text>
noone uses emails on here it's anonymous you numpty. I doubt he would give a sh2t anyway, he's out spending that 6m the bank kindly gave him if you believe any of the posts above . Good luck to them
Yes I know that.Let me put it in plain English to you.His Sister in Law works for Topix.she can she the email address
from your postings.This fourm has made it hard for him to work in Windsor, no estae agent,bank,solictor or builder wil deal with him,he would like to see end to this.SO IT IS NOT ANONYMOUS !
You are strange dave

UK

#174 Feb 13, 2010
You are wrong. If you are referring to ip adresses then you are correct , email addresses then no. Each domain has an ip address unique to the Sending computer these can pinpoint who or where these are being sent from.but I haven't registered an email with topix

boring stuff this
A proper little herbert

UK

#175 Feb 13, 2010
Calm down David
Bob

Exeter, UK

#176 Feb 13, 2010
A proper little herbert/Mark Entwistle ....when you gonna pay people their money back ????
Bob

Exeter, UK

#177 Feb 13, 2010
....and if anyone needs to be totally anonomous then just go to any internet cafe and use their IP
The Windsor Lad

UK

#178 Feb 13, 2010
MARK, COULD YOU GET THE BEERS IN A HALF-TIME ?
Strange Dave

West Drayton, UK

#179 Feb 13, 2010
You are strange dave wrote:
You are wrong. If you are referring to ip adresses then you are correct , email addresses then no. Each domain has an ip address unique to the Sending computer these can pinpoint who or where these are being sent from.but I haven't registered an email with topix
boring stuff this
He has identedfied one person from ip address.So he must have sent email to Marks Computer at some stage.
Ok false alarm Guys ,all carry on with this stuff,that is unless you sent a email to Mark then he knows who you are.
Strange Dave

West Drayton, UK

#180 Feb 13, 2010
You are strange dave wrote:
You are wrong. If you are referring to ip adresses then you are correct , email addresses then no. Each domain has an ip address unique to the Sending computer these can pinpoint who or where these are being sent from.but I haven't registered an email with topix
boring stuff this
Ok finaly got to the bottom of this,the guy who he idetified has registered at Topix.Mark,s sister inlaw,Sarah Hill who works for Topix must have passed on the guys email address to Mark.I have not registered at Topix.
jock

Wimborne, UK

#181 Feb 14, 2010
Fletch and Godber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jonny Gilbert has started an 11 year stretch in cardiff HM prison, on his first day he was alledged to have said..." feck me boyo, I did 10 years with Lisa, 10 years with willmetts- this 11 years will be the easiest yet"
this is hilarious, im sure JG will laugh at this or even agree with it.
Bob

Exeter, UK

#182 Feb 14, 2010
Heh Jock, Why wouldn't he??....there cant be that much entertainment in prison!!...this must really light up his life. If he hasn't already turned Queens evidence ...I wonder if he is now trying to cut a deal??
jock

Auchterarder, UK

#183 Feb 14, 2010
Bob wrote:
Heh Jock, Why wouldn't he??....there cant be that much entertainment in prison!!...this must really light up his life. If he hasn't already turned Queens evidence ...I wonder if he is now trying to cut a deal??
Bob I wasn't making a judgement just thought it was hilarious- the bit about lisa (thats his ex wife by the way if you weren't aware)

im sure he'll look after number one, most people do especially if hes facing a lengthy sentence in prison. but until anyone knows what he's actually done wrong we're all guessing in the dark and sitting on t'internet like saddos who should be watching the rugby!! we're hanging them without a trial, let the old bill do the work if they get convicted then we can have a field day

anyway, back to the rugby, these Itlaians arent too bad, they may turn you boys over today
curious

Kaliningrad, Russia

#184 Feb 15, 2010
ex ifa wrote:
<quoted text>
hes a developer in richmond now, gave up the mortgage business apparently.
Do you know whereabout
Disgruntled

UK

#185 Feb 15, 2010
Local Agent wrote:
Yaada, yaada, yaada. Johnny Gilbert this, Enwhistle that. Listen, whatever happened whith all the mortgage fraud stuff was of course going to bring a company to its knees eventually! Everyone is missing the point. Even if JG didn't pull such stunts, Willmett Solicitors would have found themselve closed in a couple of years anyhow. The relationships with clients, local residents, estate agents, IFA's etc were so badly damaged that it was almost imposible to get buisness through the door. Where other firms have adapted to the new age of customer service, many Willmetts conveyancers and most certainly the partners felt they did not have to as the business would just 'keep coming to them' because of how long the firm had been established. Oh how wrong they were! Other local conveyancing firms had adapted their work ethic by increasing customer contact and improving on services levels across the board. Willmetts no chance, the partners felt they 'had made it' and would never stoop so low to bowing to clients demands. I mean please, they were still putting their main telephone line on hold through lunchbreaks. Oh great idea in a recession when competition is rife and you need more business through the door eh!
Willmetts employed some excellent staff member, some new who were unaware and uninformed of the JG case upon accepting employment, maybe they wouldn't have been so quick to join a sinking firm had they have known! Some staff had just started their training, what a place to start eh! Some staff were employed to help lift a completely damaged business and these are the people I feel sorry for. The ones that worked very hard for very little money and very little thanks. Yet these were the people desperate in making a difference in keeping the business alive and were supporting the partners in keeping hold of their flash cars and big houses!
Well I believe two of the main partners have found new cushty jobs! Well done for them eh!- I'm sure they'll get there comeuppance in one way or another!
Forget JG and all that, Willmetts would have gone pop through mis-management, poor treatment towards staff, poor service levels and heavily damaged relationships!
Rude, Arrogant, Abnoxious, Heartless describes one partners in particular, oh and it wasn't JG.
Lets hope the good people have good jobs to come and the rest live miserably.
Less of the having go at the Conveyancers, I know of at least 2 who were excellent, very client orientated and had their work cut out trying to rebuild the bridges of others who had destroyed any reputation. One worked in Woodley (found new employment) and the other worked in Reading and has retired. As referred to previously, DONT TAR EVERYONE WITH THE SAME BRUSH.
worlds worst detective

Colchester, UK

#186 Feb 15, 2010
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know whereabout
landregistry/ companies house/192.com advanced search options/ enquiry agent/local estate agents

cmon guys, you can do better than this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

England, United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White mayor, black wife: NYC shatters an image (Nov '13) 34 min T-BOS 131
Britain's wilful blindness to the horrors in Ro... 49 min Equalinalleyes 1
1,400 children sexually exploited over 16 years... 56 min Equalinalleyes 20
Victim of sex gang was offered Urdu and Punjabi... (Sep '12) 1 hr Equalinalleyes 30
Ukraine rebels watch Scotland vote with envy 2 hr Swedenforever 15
Castleford bus firm's licence cut after safety ... 3 hr angrywoman 1
Thai police admit British backpackers murder pr... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 1
•••

England, United Kingdom People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••