Your views about MPs' expenses

Your views about MPs' expenses

There are 36 comments on the BBC story from May 13, 2009, titled Your views about MPs' expenses. In it, BBC reports that:

BBC News website readers have been sending in their views about the latest publication of MPs' expenses claims in the Daily Telegraph.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gardeners world

India

#21 May 27, 2009
Meanwhile, while all eyes are on wind-up-non-news stories, vegetables are dying all over Britain. For every penny fiddled by your MP, a thousand cabbages die because they have not been watered and the remaining greens are trampled on in rage by mobs of angry 'People'.
run outta inane chatter

Preston, UK

#22 May 27, 2009
SYSTEMICALLY CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS THE CAUSE OF FAILURE

Here's another bit of news with Brown now jumping on the band wagon .. "Mr Brown said he will consider anything that makes the political elite accountable to citizens. It comes as all party leaders scramble to show they understand the gravity of the situation at Westminster in the aftermath of The Telegraph's disclosures over the past 20 days. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mp ...... and Cameron says ... but does he really mean it???....“We need a massive, sweeping, radical redistribution of power. From the state to citizens; from the Government to parliament; from Whitehall to communities. From Brussels to Britain; from judges to the people; from bureaucracy to democracy. Through decentralisation, transparency and accountability we must take power away from the political elite and hand it to the man and woman in the street.”

The real truth is that the whole place country has slipped into being governed by a colluding elite from which even the MPs are excluded. They are too scared to keep their politburo/cabinet honest and the opposition MPs are as cutting as white bread soaked in mother's milk.

All this just smacks of rhetoric to keep the old order in place. Britain needs massive constitutional changes which ensure the bankers and their kind are kept well away from national government.

Britain needs to recover true democracy which means no executive decisions made by the likes of Brown or Cameron with their pet Banker Advisers. A trend our not long gone friend Tony B.Liar started with Lord Levy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/ ...

This was written 2 years ago, and is key to understanding why Britain was stiff worse than most countries ...

"...Gordon Brown already employs Sir Ronald as a foreign policy adviser, just as Tony Blair used Lord Levy. The Chancellor has a history of working only through cronies: I guess Sir Ronald Cohen is likely to have more influence on foreign policy than whoever has the misfortune to become foreign secretary.

His stature will be far greater than that of mere Cabinet ministers. The truth is that Sir Ronald, Treasury Minister Ed Balls and just one or two other key Brownites will run the country. Anyone who wishes to understand what Britain under Gordon Brown will be like has no choice but to understand Sir Ronald Cohen, who he is and what he does."

They formed an untouchable elite clan at the heart of Government that was solely responsible for the major decisions made.

BROWN AND HIS BANKERS WERE THE CAUSE - CAMERON DOES NOT HAVE THE BALLS FOR THE CHANGES NEEDED.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#23 May 27, 2009
Charge them all with fraud and sack them all. Why should they line their pockets with tax payers money when the ordinary person struggles. Way I see it they should get their wages and thats all none of this expenses nonsense.
get a life

India

#24 May 27, 2009
Still don't give a f*ck.

You single-men-loner-saddos-with-b i-polar-obsessive-personality- disorder-and-make-believe-malt husian-fantasies are about as convincing as an tesco customer services assistant.
gardeners world

India

#25 May 27, 2009
run outta inane chatter wrote:
SYSTEMICALLY CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS THE CAUSE OF FAILURE
Here's another bit of news with Brown now jumping on the band wagon .. "Mr Brown said he will consider anything that makes the political elite accountable to citizens. It comes as all party leaders scramble to show they understand the gravity of the situation at Westminster in the aftermath of The Telegraph's disclosures over the past 20 days. "
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mp ...... and Cameron says ... but does he really mean it???....“We need a massive, sweeping, radical redistribution of power. From the state to citizens; from the Government to parliament; from Whitehall to communities. From Brussels to Britain; from judges to the people; from bureaucracy to democracy. Through decentralisation, transparency and accountability we must take power away from the political elite and hand it to the man and woman in the street.”
The real truth is that the whole place country has slipped into being governed by a colluding elite from which even the MPs are excluded. They are too scared to keep their politburo/cabinet honest and the opposition MPs are as cutting as white bread soaked in mother's milk.
All this just smacks of rhetoric to keep the old order in place. Britain needs massive constitutional changes which ensure the bankers and their kind are kept well away from national government.
Britain needs to recover true democracy which means no executive decisions made by the likes of Brown or Cameron with their pet Banker Advisers. A trend our not long gone friend Tony B.Liar started with Lord Levy.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/ ...
This was written 2 years ago, and is key to understanding why Britain was stiff worse than most countries ...
"...Gordon Brown already employs Sir Ronald as a foreign policy adviser, just as Tony Blair used Lord Levy. The Chancellor has a history of working only through cronies: I guess Sir Ronald Cohen is likely to have more influence on foreign policy than whoever has the misfortune to become foreign secretary.
His stature will be far greater than that of mere Cabinet ministers. The truth is that Sir Ronald, Treasury Minister Ed Balls and just one or two other key Brownites will run the country. Anyone who wishes to understand what Britain under Gordon Brown will be like has no choice but to understand Sir Ronald Cohen, who he is and what he does."
They formed an untouchable elite clan at the heart of Government that was solely responsible for the major decisions made.
BROWN AND HIS BANKERS WERE THE CAUSE - CAMERON DOES NOT HAVE THE BALLS FOR THE CHANGES NEEDED.
Do you eat mud when your vegetables run out?

“We are MOTORHEAD”

London

#26 May 27, 2009
get a life wrote:
Still don't give a f*ck.
You single-men-loner-saddos-with-b i-polar-obsessive-personality- disorder-and-make-believe-malt husian-fantasies are about as convincing as an tesco customer services assistant.
here in the example of the "get a life" poster is a prime example as to why one should allways use a condom you could be responsable for producing someone like "get a life" do you really want to be responsable for producing such a waste of DNA as the "get a life" poster !!??
run outta inane chatter

Preston, UK

#27 May 27, 2009
get a life wrote:
Still don't give a f*ck.
Wayne

Please try your best to focus on the subject and let us know what is so normal about the government being caught red handed stealing from the tax payer that warrants the public not being interested?

Check out post #12. People are starting to chatter about you. Before long they'll be pointing at you in the street. Oh crumbs, what then?
run outta inane chatter

Preston, UK

#28 May 27, 2009
scotsboy wrote:
Charge them all with fraud and sack them all. Why should they line their pockets with tax payers money when the ordinary person struggles. Way I see it they should get their wages and thats all none of this expenses nonsense.
That's taken as read but it's not enough as without serious systemic changes all you'll do is replace the present thieves with new ones. Simply sacking or jailing them is not enough. Democracy in this country has been found wanting.
TadpoleShooter

London, UK

#29 May 27, 2009
Joginder Singh Foley wrote:
<quoted text>
here in the example of the "get a life" poster is a prime example as to why one should allways use a condom you could be responsable for producing someone like "get a life" do you really want to be responsable for producing such a waste of DNA as the "get a life" poster !!??
Your right if only "get a life's" father had used a condom.........
As if his life is any better than the people he is trying to condemn.
truth hurts

India

#30 May 28, 2009
"single-men-loner-saddos- with-bi-polar-obsessive-person ality-disorder-and-make-believ e-malthusian-fantasies."

Touch a chord with you chaps?
run outta inane chatter

Preston, UK

#31 May 28, 2009
truth hurts aka WAYNE THE STALKER wrote:
"single-men-loner-saddos- with-bi-polar-obsessive-person ality-disorder-and-make-believ e-malthusian-fantasies."
Touch a chord with you chaps? I would love to flash in front of him but I don't know how on the internet. I feel so sad and lonely. Why didn't my mum give me enough attention when I was small???
... it's because you're a mental crackpot and a traitor, Wayner, with a Stalker obsession.

Almost all stalkers have some type of mental or emotional problem. Stalkers will go across town, country, or even to different continents in order to continue their stalking. Stable people simply do not continue, often in the face of years of rejection, to pursue someone.

Stalkers, no matter what or how severe their mental disorder, can usually be sorted into one of three major groupings: Simple Obsession, Love Obsession, and Other ....

http://www.esia.net/Forms_of_Stalking.htm
run outta inane chatter

Preston, UK

#32 May 28, 2009
Dear Wayne

I've told you before, focus on the subject in front of you and you wont need to keep taking those blue tablets. This is hard for you to understand in your condition, but most people do NOT follow strangers around. There are other things for you to do. Step 1 would be to focus on the topic and offer some worthwhile comment, in this case on the BNP and not the erection you get everytime you see me posting on Topix.

Regards,
run outta inane chatter

Preston, UK

#33 May 28, 2009
... even more important MPs stealing tax payers money.

Why would you want to distract people's attention from such a vital subject? Could it be that you are a Tony B.Liar/ Gordo Brown neocon supporter?

If so why don't you argue the point instead of taking the coward's route by stalking in the gutters and undergrowth like vermin on the trail of scraps?

Since: Mar 09

UK

#34 May 29, 2009
gardeners world wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you eat mud when your vegetables run out?
Gardeners World seems to be suffering from a severe case of "Weedy Comments Syndrome," Does anyone have any powerful weedkiller?

Since: Mar 09

UK

#35 May 29, 2009
get a life wrote:
Still don't give a f*ck.
Seems to be suffering from a severe case of "Useless Comments Syndrome." Cut the crap, get some toilet training and get on with your life.

“We are MOTORHEAD”

London

#36 May 30, 2009
Marita Indans wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be suffering from a severe case of "Useless Comments Syndrome." Cut the crap, get some toilet training and get on with your life.
That wouyld require "get a life" to actually have a life in the first place for "get a Life" to get on with which is clear from the dire standard of his posts that "get a life" does not have a life or is unconcerned about our corrupt MP's helping themselves to OUR money !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dundee, Scotland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any working girls in Dundee/Perth area?? 59 min Joe3230 4
Any genuine females on here? 11 hr John39 4
14 year old m 20 hr 19 Dundee 3
28 f looking for cash for abit of fun Fri stinky poo 8
Any Street girls working tonight Fri gac1980 2
street girls phone numbers (Sep '14) Fri tam31 36
Gay meet Dundee angus Fri scott 10
More from around the web