Hackers hijack FFA director's Yahoo, ...

Hackers hijack FFA director's Yahoo, Facebook accounts

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 7, 2010, titled Hackers hijack FFA director's Yahoo, Facebook accounts. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Val Aarsvold is not writing with tears in her eyes. The executive director of the Minnesota FFA Foundation is not stranded in the United Kingdom, penniless and recovering from a mugging, tearfully reaching out to friends and professional contacts alike, begging for help settling unpaid hotel bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Common Sense

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jun 8, 2010
Anybody who still uses Facebook is a fool.

Can't you read about the many security porblems?.
Really

Glen Ellyn, IL

#2 Jun 8, 2010
Is she a thirteen year old girl?

Facebook? Really?
rmsandtorvaldslo vechild

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jun 8, 2010
Please don't call them Hackers. They are Crackers.
Crackers are the thieves and vandals who give hacking a bad name. Hackers are benevolent (or at least, harmlessly mischievous) techies who seek knowledge and understanding.
erika

Santolan, Philippines

#4 Jun 9, 2010
get my yahoo mail code
Peter bailey

Rochester, NY

#6 Jun 12, 2010
I received the same scam supposedly from an old colleague at a previous hospital where I worked. Same plot - mugged at gunpoint in London (do people ever get mugged like this in London was my first thought)- and at first asking for a few hundred dollars but then specifically asking for $1700. Suspicious, I asked my "old friend" to give me the names of certain people who held certain positions at the hospital where we worked. They never did. In addition they resorted to trying to make me feel guilty, even mentioning how my wife (how did this person know the name of my wife and spell Kathryn correctly?) but not remember the names of people we worked with every day. It all added up to being unbelievable - entertaining, but disconcerting nevertheless.

The internet will always be plagued but these issues I guess.
Toby

Eugene, OR

#7 Jun 16, 2010
The same thing happened to us EXACTLY. So sorry for the responses you have had. It is infuriating that people can't see the identity theft here. Also the lack of response from facebook and yahoo is appauling. Just to let you know, I hear you. Thanks for posting the article.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jun 16, 2010
I think the hackers need to be brought to justice. This is a federal offense. This hacking could compromise the security of air travel, not only in this country but world-wide. You would think that a federal agency this large would have better internet security than this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cardiff, United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casual Dating In Cardiff (Jul '14) Tue HotLevis 16
Blonde Girl & Brunette - Ring or Text CLEAN!! Mon Barbie 1
city centre white May 31 buddy 2
any contacts in Cardiff for decent weed? (Oct '13) May 31 buddy 4
News Cycle Event: Velothon Wales will take place on ... May 26 Mike Thomas 1
should i have my stag night in cardiff? May 20 Gaz10 1
Clean chats!!! May 15 Barbie 1
More from around the web