Search for ancestors of the Lost Colo...

Search for ancestors of the Lost Colonists of America in North Devon

There are 3 comments on the North Devon Gazette story from Jul 23, 2009, titled Search for ancestors of the Lost Colonists of America in North Devon. In it, North Devon Gazette reports that:

Mayor of Bideford Cllr Andy Powell swabs the DNA of Barnstaple businessman Philip Milton THE search for ancestors of the Lost Colonists of America is starting in earnest in North Devon with a Barnstaple businessman submitting his DNA for testing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Devon Gazette.

Judy Cole

London, UK

#1 Jul 24, 2009
if only as much time and interest on the part of our various councils went into making sure Bideford was litter free, clean and that the numerous shabby and neglected properties that were once attractive {yes I do mean Buttgarden Street, areas at the bottom of lower Meddon Street, the walkway connecting Buttgarden street and the churchyard, Grenville street,the top third of the high street and so on} were renovated,cared for and used for appropriate purposes.It's all very well saying you want to make Bideford a key attraction that will pull in national and international tourists and I realise I may be missing something here but don't people come to a place because there's something worth seeing? Seeing the current state of poor old Bideford you could establish a link with every major country in both hemispheres and there would still be no incentive for people to visit.Sorry to be so negative but I can't help feeling that many local politicians inhabit an alternative universe where rose coloured glasses are mandatory.
smartypants

Saint Cloud, FL

#2 Jul 26, 2009
I say use any money coming to the towns, in good faith, should be used for DNA testing on all the rape kits that are still setting backed up at the police departments for No Funding to do them all. Or used to do the finger prints of every crime scene, wheather it was murder or jut something stolen, they say, No Funding.
It is studies like these that make me want to march to DC and give them a piece of my mind, but knowing it does not work like that, I sit at home and stay calm. We all know taliking or writing to Washington really is a lose lose situation.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Jul 28, 2009
is it possible ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bideford, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cowboy builders/gardeners (Jul '14) Jul '14 squashman 1
wings proposl for grenville college site (Aug '13) Aug '13 gloria horrell 2
News Teacher hangs herself three months before weddi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 jane 1
News Boat is an ideal family home (Mar '10) Mar '10 Grace 1
News Lidl could open supermarket in Bideford (Feb '10) Feb '10 phil 1
News Coroner halts Ten Tors inquest so criminal char... (Jan '10) Jan '10 commando 1
More from around the web