Woman dies in Ireland after being denied an abortion

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: CBC News 326

The debate over legalizing abortion in Ireland flared Wednesday after the government confirmed a miscarrying woman suffering from blood poisoning was refused a quick termination of her pregnancy and died in an Irish hospital.

Full Story
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 14, 2012
Form over substance, why legal systems cannot satisfy the human need for justice.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#2 Nov 14, 2012
This sickens me.

This is the face of the misogynistic right wing religious freaks.

Women/girls are worthless and even more so when they cannot produce. In the case of pregnancy they become nothing more than a machine and the zygote/fetus from their almighty MALE GOD rules! She has no right to self defense nor anything else. This is what they would like to see happen in America. Now watch the right wing lunatics cry foul "of course we care about women "we would allow a mothers life to be saved"! LIARS is all they are they want America to reflect their women hating mythologies, they are fanatics and they are dangerous to women they are as fanatical and anti woman as the taliban if not worse.

Look at this anti woman Pro life freak.

Here is the anti woman policy of the CC., again proof of their hatred and injustice and TOTAL disregard for women.

http://www.catholic.net/index.php...

We won't even discuss their god condones rape and women who are legitimately raped don't become pregnant because they have a mechanism that shuts it down beliefs.

WW
Dubbadub

Ireland

#4 Nov 15, 2012
Britbulldog wrote:
<quoted text>
The Irish Catholics are a Backwards bunch at the best of times.
What about the Irish Protestants?
Dubbadub

Ireland

#5 Nov 15, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
This sickens me.
This is the face of the misogynistic right wing religious freaks.
Women/girls are worthless and even more so when they cannot produce. In the case of pregnancy they become nothing more than a machine and the zygote/fetus from their almighty MALE GOD rules! She has no right to self defense nor anything else. This is what they would like to see happen in America. Now watch the right wing lunatics cry foul "of course we care about women "we would allow a mothers life to be saved"! LIARS is all they are they want America to reflect their women hating mythologies, they are fanatics and they are dangerous to women they are as fanatical and anti woman as the taliban if not worse.
Look at this anti woman Pro life freak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I0qNpXsK7_MXX
Here is the anti woman policy of the CC., again proof of their hatred and injustice and TOTAL disregard for women.
http://www.catholic.net/index.php...
We won't even discuss their god condones rape and women who are legitimately raped don't become pregnant because they have a mechanism that shuts it down beliefs.
WW
Yes this case is tragic. Terrible!!!

Although I think the ''pro-choice'' brigade trying to score political points off it is sickening.

I don't know what happened in the hostipal, there is legislation to abort if the mothers life is at risk. I think the doctors grossly misjudged her condition and mus have thought there was no risk to her life.

Right Wing Lunatics and Left Wing Lunatics are all the same!!!

The right wants an old fashioned style society.

The left wants a degenerate downgraded society where morals are forgotten.

Both as bad, both as nutty.
Allymac

Glasgow, UK

#6 Nov 15, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Irish Protestants?
Are there any left in Eire?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 15, 2012
Allymac wrote:
<quoted text>Are there any left in Eire?
5% of republic of ireland was protestant. 2010 figures.. how does this get away dub from the roman catholic church being against abortion in this day and age they are clueless in the vatican of the real world, all they see is a person less putting money in their tray in 20 years time, same as condoms they have let some villages in africa become 85% aids suffers, children being born with it.. all because they havnt decided to move the goal posts yet... and they will along with priests will be allowed to marry someday.. but how will they explain their beliefs,then along with the vows of silence they forced on children who were abused by the church, well the church that didnt protect them.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 15, 2012
what about the nuns who used to force single mothers to give up their children when born and throw them down the well..the crying well. this church is not godly in any way, closer to hell than heaven, child abuse, alco priests, gambling addicts. sleeping with wives in the community, forcing people to hand over money to the church they could ill afford in some cases. more like a well run business than a church of worship to keep under a thousand people tax free behind a 40ft wall in italy.
Krypteia

Worthing, UK

#9 Nov 15, 2012
As much as this is tragic,would anyone for example want to live in an islamic country with their barbaric laws?,Right or wrong if that's the law than that's the price you pay to move to that country.
Brigid

Ireland

#10 Nov 15, 2012
This is a sad case.
It reflects the simple fact that in Ireland it is difficult to access education or health care that is non-religious.
Most of the hospitals are operated by the Church, but are paid for by the taxpayer. The schools are the same, particularly for the younger age ranges.
Dubbadub

Ireland

#12 Nov 15, 2012
stuarty 1 wrote:
<quoted text>5% of republic of ireland was protestant. 2010 figures.. how does this get away dub from the roman catholic church being against abortion in this day and age they are clueless in the vatican of the real world
I'll respond to this part, not the long winded rant about the Catholic church, given the majority of people (80%+) myself included in the Republic don't give a toss about the Catholic church.

Anyway you said

''how does this get away dub from the roman catholic church being against abortion in this day and age''

Oh so the Protestant churches in NI are in favour of abortion are they?

The Protestant church in NI is just as opposed to abortion as the Catholic church. Not only that, the Unionist political parties (DUP,UUP) in NI are far more opposed to abortion than Sinn Fein and the SDLP.

Are you going to tell us how backward the DUP, UUP and Protestant Church are now aswell?

Seeing as they are against abortion too?

:)
Ocean56

AOL

#13 Nov 15, 2012
Krypteia wrote:
As much as this is tragic,would anyone for example want to live in an islamic country with their barbaric laws?,Right or wrong if that's the law than that's the price you pay to move to that country.
I wouldn't want to live in ANY country that was dominated by a religion, no matter what that religion is. As far as I'M concerned, extremist christianity and extremist islam are equally repressive, not to mention misogynistic.

That's why I'm VERY glad to live in the United States, where NO religion dominates. I wouldn't want to live in Ireland, any more than I'd want to move to some islamic country. Ireland is far too controlled by the catholic church for my taste.

IMO BOTH types of religions treat women as nothing more than slaves and baby factories to the religion, all because of some stupid stories in some "holy" book, whether it is the bible or the koran. Women also have the freedom in the U.S. to use reliable contraception to avoid the unwanted outcome of pregnancy, without interference from nosy church clerics. So why ANY woman would want to move to a country controlled by one religion or another is beyond me. Thank goodness I don't have to move.

Krypteia

Worthing, UK

#14 Nov 15, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't want to live in ANY country that was dominated by a religion, no matter what that religion is. As far as I'M concerned, extremist christianity and extremist islam are equally repressive, not to mention misogynistic.
That's why I'm VERY glad to live in the United States, where NO religion dominates. I wouldn't want to live in Ireland, any more than I'd want to move to some islamic country. Ireland is far too controlled by the catholic church for my taste.
IMO BOTH types of religions treat women as nothing more than slaves and baby factories to the religion, all because of some stupid stories in some "holy" book, whether it is the bible or the koran. Women also have the freedom in the U.S. to use reliable contraception to avoid the unwanted outcome of pregnancy, without interference from nosy church clerics. So why ANY woman would want to move to a country controlled by one religion or another is beyond me. Thank goodness I don't have to move.
Good points but if i were a women i'd sooner live in Ireland under Irish law than some islamic hell hole with a law made up by a psycho child molester.
Muslim women are treated far worse than the ones in Ireland.
I thank god i live in England where my wife can choose her destiny and not controlled by cowardly zealots.
Dubbadub

Ireland

#15 Nov 15, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
I wouldn't want to live in Ireland, any more than I'd want to move to some islamic country. Ireland is far too controlled by the catholic church for my taste.
I'd rather live in Ireland than the US.

The US doesn't look after its people. They hate the poor in the US. A college education in the US is a luxury in the US not a right, the highest college/university degrees in Ireland cost only 2,200 a year. I'm talking medicine, law, business, etc you name it. How much is a year of medicine, law, business etc cost in the USA's top college's?

Also the USA has the death penalty, how many innocent people have been killed on that? Also how many innocent people are locked up in the USA doing 20 years and life for some bogus charges?

Also hows the health service in the US, Ireland's isn't good, but the one in America is worse. People go bankrupt paying for a life saving operation, and the government just sit by and do nothing.

The USA and the Americans worship money, and if you haven't got any over there your a piece of dirt. I like the social mobility that Ireland offers. If your born poor in Ireland you can become rich, hell the government will fund the poor peoples college education right the way through. In the US, if your born poor, you most likely stay poor. You do know that America has one of the worst social mobility ratios in the world now? The American dream is dead.

Also the gap between rich and poor in America is atrocious.

This is all true!! I can back it up. Also the Catholic church doesn't control Ireland. All the scandals etc that happened in Ireland involving the Catholic church, and people think we still have time for them? Lunacy....

Location hidden

#16 Nov 15, 2012
the catholic church in ireland..
1 was a bomber up to 50 were pedos, all were moved round the country protected by the church and the evil they done, the claudy bomber was moved across the border after his killing spree in the small village not far from londonderry, he also helped train terrorists in the house he was given by the church and what better way to store weapons than by god and the roman catholic church. in the bible it says suffer ye the little children, well the the good people of this church took this literally and raped and even bombed them... a very godly brew of people, but sure a couple of hail marys and it all goes away, well they hope so anyway. may the whole lot of them burn in hell as im sure they will

Location hidden

#17 Nov 15, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll respond to this part, not the long winded rant about the Catholic church, given the majority of people (80%+) myself included in the Republic don't give a toss about the Catholic church.
Anyway you said
''how does this get away dub from the roman catholic church being against abortion in this day and age''
The Protestant church in NI is just as opposed to abortion as the Catholic church. Not only that, the Unionist political parties (DUP,UUP) in NI are far more opposed to abortion than Sinn Fein and the SDLP.
Are you going to tell us how backward the DUP, UUP and Protestant Church are now aswell?
yes the dup are opposed to this they are staunch should not work on sunday clan,their church does not reflect the views of 90% of protestant people..they just dont want clinic opened in n.i but we have england., but the right minded people dont judge others, unlike the rulers of the free state the catholic church of rome and child rapists

Minneapolis

#18 Nov 15, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this case is tragic. Terrible!!!
Although I think the ''pro-choice'' brigade trying to score political points off it is sickening.
I don't know what happened in the hostipal, there is legislation to abort if the mothers life is at risk. I think the doctors grossly misjudged her condition and mus have thought there was no risk to her life.
Right Wing Lunatics and Left Wing Lunatics are all the same!!!
Really?

The pro-choice brigade is trying to score political points and you are sickened. WHY?

It appears to me that the "pro life" religious brigade HAVE scored BIG political points with their non-separation of church and state allowing women to be treated as second class citizens

What is sickening is backwards logic where women are involved. Due to religion women are expected to be under the thumbs of men, beasts of burden, second class citizens, and "expected to produce by unjust laws that allows a government/religion/or male to rule over THEIR body THEIR medical/physical well being as though they are property of the state, religion or a man.

I hope the pro choice brigade kicks some serious Irish ass, I hope the Irish women stand up and claim their own bodies and and tell the church and their politicians to GFT.

Here is the deal, women become pregnant not men, women dictate whether or not it is in their best interests medically, physically and financially to go forward with a pregnancy. Men have stuck their nose in where it does not belong far to long. If it had been a man in that hospital I am sure they would have done EVERYTHING to save him! But a pregnant woman/girl has no right to self defense, and that my friend makes her lower than an animal.

Now what was it you were saying about the pro life brigade scoring political points and it sickens you?? Seriously?

Minneapolis

#19 Nov 15, 2012
Britbulldog wrote:
<quoted text>
The Irish Catholics are a Backwards bunch at the best of times.
Being 3/4 Irish it has been my dream to someday visit there. But as a woman I might re-think that trip and visit England/Scotland instead.

Minneapolis

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Good points but if i were a women i'd sooner live in Ireland under Irish law than some islamic hell hole with a law made up by a psycho child molester.
Muslim women are treated far worse than the ones in Ireland.
I thank god i live in England where my wife can choose her destiny and not controlled by cowardly zealots.
When you need to use the Muslims to defend Ireland's treatment of women, you are not saying much at all.

All of the male based worshipping BS plays hell with women. it is ALL about control.

Minneapolis

#21 Nov 15, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
The right wants to shove religion down the throat of everyone and would like women to return to the home barefoot and pregnant with a good hard slap every now and then.

The left promotes freedom. Morals are dictated by religions....to hell with their morals.
jason norris

Preston, UK

#22 Nov 16, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway you said
so if 80+% do not give a toss about the RC Church, how come they still hold such power?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belfast, Northern Ireland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cash Fight bare knuckle boxing (Aug '13) 20 hr iggyfoxtrot 22
gardener Tue MagicMan 2
Gay horny teen Tue ardsphil 4
Belfast snapchat names only Dec 14 frankiexxx 4
any one into strapon sex/bondage/ or scat sex? (Feb '14) Dec 14 iwanttransexual 30
Sunday morning going down Dec 13 iwanttransexual 2
sex gay or bi Belfast (Apr '14) Dec 12 Smithy1249 66
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST