Girl, 14, 'tied up' during sex jury hears3:07pm Thursday 15th...

Sep 15, 2011 Full story: Kidderminster Shuttle 1,086

KARATE teacher Jaspal Riat, 48, sometimes tied up or strangled a 14-year-old Wyre Forest girl during sex sessions with her, it was alleged today.

Full Story
teacher handsworth wood

Birmingham, UK

#1113 Jan 17, 2012
Joshua wrote:
wasn't the name of his son " dee"? wow, haha
Yes his name is deepak and he teaches over at St Andrews Church twice a week! Was about to put my 4 year in until I heard about his dad from a students mum!
Handsworth Dad

Birmingham, UK

#1114 Jan 17, 2012
Well the cycle begins again. More Karate bollocks. First we had KAMA (snigger), now it's SYCO (cool), trying to tell us what a bad world it is out there and how our children need to be able to defend themselves, when the real truth is nothing can defend them from the likes of Riat, not Karate, schools, the police etc. So hey. No need for any of that child protection nonsense - just cut and paste in some of that bullying crap.
abdul-wadood muwahid

Glasgow, UK

#1115 Feb 7, 2012
this is british justice.....

we need shariah law, how about we enforce the law of Allah swt (god).
Revo

Leyton, UK

#1117 Feb 7, 2012
abdul-wadood muwahid wrote:
this is british justice.....
we need shariah law, how about we enforce the law of Allah swt (god).
Stick your Allah up your arse!
Its funny listning to muslims talk about paedophiles,when mohammed was one!
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1118 Feb 7, 2012
Revo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick your Allah up your arse!
Its funny listning to muslims talk about paedophiles,when mohammed was one!
In a new August 17, 2009 Maddow Show segment, Rachel Maddow and Jeff Sharlet discuss, among many new revelations, the disturbing fact that the "Christian Embassy" scandal, propelled by a complaint to the Department of Defense from the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, was investigated by a Pentagon Inspector General who is in fact a Family member.

The Family, also known as "The Fellowship", is a secretive fundamentalist Washington DC ministry which runs the National Prayer Breakfast and Bible study groups attended by numerous US Senators and Congress members, wields global influence, and celebrates the leadership lessons of Hitler, Lenin, and Mao.

Over the course of the summer of 2009, Washington's Family-run "C Street House" has become notorious as a string of sex scandals have engulfed national GOP political figures who live at, have lived at, or attended Bible study classes at the secretive former convent turned church-cum cheap-rent high end boarding house: Senator John Ensign, former Congressman Charles "Chip" Pickering, and South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford.

By far the story has been driven, first, by Jeff Sharlet, who wrote the 2008 book The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at The Heart Of American Power, which followed Sharlet's 2003 Harper's expose Jesus Plus Nothing. But MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, who has pursued breaking new aspects of the festering scandal with a long-term dedication only rarely seen in mainstream media news coverage, has played an invaluable role in giving the mafia-like "Family" widespread public exposure.

Maddow's willingness to cover the story of The Family and the C Street House in an ongoing manner, week to week over the summer, implicitly indicts much of mainstream news coverage as suffering from collective attention-deficit disorder; given the level of international, geopolitical influence The Family apparently wields, its members' penchant for describing their group as a Christian "mafia", and in light of Family head Doug Coe's... MSNBC's Maddow Show Propels Growing DC "Christian Mafia ...
Aug 19, 2009 ... In a new August 17, 2009 Maddow Show segment, Rachel Maddow and ... members' penchant for describing their group as a Christian "mafia",...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/ms ...- 298k
Allah

Europe

#1119 Feb 7, 2012
Kill this paki.
Razorblazer

Plymouth, UK

#1121 Feb 7, 2012
Another underage girl sexually assaulted by yet another Asian, probably Muslim, when will we start hanging this vermin?.
Wasiq

Europe

#1122 Feb 7, 2012
Razorblazer
Preston, UK

I think this guy was a Sikh. Time to hanging him with his TURBINE.
single mum

Birmingham, UK

#1124 Feb 8, 2012
my stomach is churning as i m writting this,i found about mr riat in todays daily mail and as i was reading i was trying to remember where i have seen this guy then after i read the article, i rang my friend who introduce both of us but only spoke to him on the phone, first conversation i was having was in the eve around 9 o'clock and he asked me to send him my picture then i did on the mobile, and straigt way he wanted to meet me and i sad no that by the time he gets to my town it would be midnight and i refused straightway that i dont meet anyone at night, thanks to my parents who tought me right and wrong,i can jst thank god that i have been saved..........

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1125 Feb 8, 2012
Razorblazer wrote:
Another underage girl sexually assaulted by yet another Asian, probably Muslim, when will we start hanging this vermin?.
when will we start looking after our kids?

"The trial heard claims that Dana’s parents, Trevor and Patricia Baker, had been aware of the ‘relationship’– and even allowed their daughter to stay overnight at the instructor’s home."

Quote from article^
annomous

Southend-on-sea, UK

#1126 Feb 9, 2012
As a parent that let my daughter attent Jaspal's karate club which he ran as an after school club session in Handsworth schools,It makes my blood run cold to think that I was putting my child at risk. One of the main reasons that I stopped her attending was the clubs rule that parents could not stop in the classes and this was a measure put in place to protect children. What a laugh,this club should not be allowed to continue. I am not saying that any other family members are quilty of aduse but it should cease as the name of that club is tarnished. An innocent young person ended their life because of that perverted bastards actions. I just thank God that this was not my child because I would gladly serve a prison sentence for taking his life.
sally

Birmingham, UK

#1127 Feb 9, 2012
Have you lot not heard of the film called Lollita, it takes two to tango and before you say it im not sticking up for the man he is a pervert but Dana was a very forward girl she took Indian meals off the bloke and presents as well and still kept going back for sex she said out of her own mouth that he strangled her many times why go back for more? Why did she not run away to a different City they would of helped her im sorry but she died at her own hand.
Wasiq

Europe

#1128 Feb 9, 2012
He gives Sikhs a bad name.
friend

Sheffield, UK

#1130 Mar 10, 2012
a woman levs everything to be with the man she trusts and then to marry and have his children should be the blessing after that. i feel sorry for his wife and kids who have to read this and feel guilty about something they have no part in! i hope they find courage to lift their heads.. and continue their lives without the man that bought them down!
'JUSTICE WILL BE DONE..ON EARTH..NOT IN HEAVEN!'
Baljinder

Birmingham, UK

#1131 Mar 24, 2012
Razorblazer wrote:
Another underage girl sexually assaulted by yet another Asian, probably Muslim, when will we start hanging this vermin?.
His is not Muslim he is an Indian Sikh.
Raj

Birmingham, UK

#1132 Mar 24, 2012
friend wrote:
a woman levs everything to be with the man she trusts and then to marry and have his children should be the blessing after that. i feel sorry for his wife and kids who have to read this and feel guilty about something they have no part in! i hope they find courage to lift their heads.. and continue their lives without the man that bought them down!
'JUSTICE WILL BE DONE..ON EARTH..NOT IN HEAVEN!'
Shut up his Family Knew what he was up to but covered it up ask any of the people in the classes the family bullied them whenever anybody complained all a big con outfit.
Anonymous

Walton, UK

#1134 Jun 28, 2012
I've been wanting to write something for a while but thought I shouldn't get involved but reading everyones comments I think some things need to be said. I used to train under Jas when I was 15 and he was no angel - he tried it with me and I told him to back off and he eventually did! I want to make it clear that although he was the culprit..no one else was or is - everyone who has ever trained under him knows that we have trained damn hard! Aside from the obvious names which have been mentioned i.e his family and close friends no one else knew about what Jas was really like - and all those students who then went on to open their own clubs is because they believed in their training - Jas didn't just let this girl down - he let down every student who has ever trained under him! So please don't throw abuse at his students!

And to all those students who trained under him - you should be proud of what you achieved! It makes me sick too at the thought that I trained with someone like Jas but let's not take away the hard work we put into our training and what we achieved!

Also, to all those who have made derogatory comments about Dana - I don't know who she was or what she was like but I do know that she was a 14 year old girl who needed help and turned to Jas like I did and he just took advantage of the whole situation when he could have helped her instead! I had a lucky escape - she clearly didn't!
Dave - Keep him inside

Birmingham, UK

#1135 Jul 15, 2012
A KARATE instructor jailed for a series of sex offences against a teenage girl who later committed suicide has failed in his bid to clear his name at the Court of Appeal.

Before he was sentenced to eight years in prison a court heard that Jaspal Riat, of Handsworth Wood, Birmingham, had “exploited his position as 13-year-old Dana Baker’s martial arts teacher to satisfy his own sexual desires.

But the “vulnerable” teenager took an overdose when he lost interest in her – and later succeeded in taking her own life in March last year aged just 16.

Riat, aged 49, was found guilty of sexual assault and seven charges of sexual activity with a child at Gloucester Crown Court.

He was cleared of two counts of rape and an eighth count of sexual activity with a child.

But the 49-year-old appealed against his conviction claiming that statements made to police by Dana should not have gone before the jury because it was “hearsay”.

At the Court of Appeal, Riat’s legal team said the evidence related to conduct which took place over a long time and that they had been denied the chance to cross-examine the victim.

Rejecting Riat’s appeal, Lord Justice Hughes, Mrs Justice Dobbs and Mr Justice Globe said the girl’s video-recorded statements were backed up by a wealth of other evidence.

This included the girl confiding to a nurse that she was having a relationship with an older man and accounts by her friends of the relationship.

Lord Justice Hughes continued:“The hearsay evidence of the complainant was strongly supported and did not stand as a bare, untestable allegation. It could safely be assessed by the jury.

“The question was whether there was a possibility that could not be excluded that there never had been any sexual relationship at all between this child and the defendant.

“There was ample evidence on which the jury could safely conclude that there had been such a relationship.

“The overwhelming likelihood, on the evidence as a whole, was that the consensual, but abusive, relationship, had indeed existed and that the complainant had done her best from time to time to avoid getting the defendant into trouble.

“Riat’s appeal against conviction must accordingly be dismissed.”

Riat met Dana at the Koshin-Ryu Academy of Martial Arts school in Birmingham, which he was running at the time.

She was training for her black belt in karate at the time of her death.

During the trial the jury were told that she had died but were not told that she had taken her life.

After taking an overdose in May 2009, she told police she felt she had nothing to live for.

The court heard she had told Riat she was planning to kill herself “but he never once tried to stop me”.

In fact, she said, Riat told her “Thank you for sacrificing yourself for me.”

fionnuala.bourke@sundaymercury .net

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-storie...
Dhillion

Birmingham, UK

#1137 Oct 29, 2012
All doggy Riats knew the score think his wife still teaching at St Andrews Church college road yet they all knew what he was up to & people still supporting them financially WHY ???
Dhillion

Birmingham, UK

#1138 Oct 29, 2012
Rip Off Con Family !!! People complained for years the Family covered it up !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worcestershire County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Come and invest in Worcestershire, say county-d... Nov '14 RayH 1
Malala invites Indian, Pakistan prime ministers... Oct '14 PAKINESE 8
New Nickelback ban campaign underway Oct '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Landlords must be ready for new immigration rules Sep '14 James 1
Ivan Martin from Birmingham who was mistaken fo... Sep '14 Stoner not stupid 1
Scottish celebrities take sides on independence Sep '14 James 1
Halesowen Muslims in anti-extremism rally Sep '14 Ravenclaw 3
More from around the web