Should these 'shag bands' be banned?

Should these 'shag bands' be banned?

There are 43 comments on the IcWales story from Oct 11, 2009, titled Should these 'shag bands' be banned?. In it, IcWales reports that:

CHILDREN as young as SIX are wearing bracelets advertising their sexual availability.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at IcWales.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ceri-Ann Morgan

Nottingham, UK

#1 Oct 28, 2009
SO GIRLS WEAR THEM?!? We also wear purity rings which symbolise we are virgins then when we loose our virginity we take them off. So shag bands are the same but in band form. Newspapers and reporters are making this crap up! The only way a girl would do the act is because she was a desperate slutty whore and the boy was a sick and twisted cock! I'm 13 and I wear and only have ever worn two on my right arm! Black&Pink. I take no notice of the meanings. None of my bands have ever broke. Most girls and boys who are young don't even know how to have sex. If you think that your daughter/son has lost his virginity or masturbated somebody or committed another sex act and they are lieing, well, do the smart thing, dont question them because they will lie. Send them to have test down at your local GP or have a lie detector test on them Then you will find out the truth. If your child is innocent let them wear these bands. If your child is guilty take the bands away from them! SIMPLE!
lol

Preston, UK

#2 Nov 6, 2009
noo wayy
amy

Perth, UK

#3 Nov 6, 2009
i'm 46 i wear a shag band

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 6, 2009
I'm sorry but this is insane,what are 6 year old children trying to prove and to whom?Telling pedophiles some secret whatever!
Girl

Seattle, WA

#5 Nov 6, 2009
They are only used to let the boys know that a girl wants to get laid! It is just like a tramp stamp tattoo over a girls butt.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 6, 2009
Girl wrote:
They are only used to let the boys know that a girl wants to get laid! It is just like a tramp stamp tattoo over a girls butt.
but,a 6-7-8 or whatever year old girl,that's insane man,where are the parents.
Al Chimpton

UK

#7 Nov 8, 2009
I thought a shag band was a new kind of rock music group.
Girl

Seattle, WA

#8 Nov 9, 2009
Shiro Hima wrote:
<quoted text>but,a 6-7-8 or whatever year old girl,that's insane man,where are the parents.
Some girls start very young today! BJs are especially common.

“Back in the saddle.”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Nov 9, 2009
Al Chimpton wrote:
I thought a shag band was a new kind of rock music group.
Didn't they write a tune for an Austin Powers movie at one time?

Location hidden

#10 Nov 11, 2009
Girl wrote:
<quoted text> Some girls start very young today! BJs are especially common.
that's why USA is going down,no morality at all,osama has more morality than you ppl.
i love shag bands

Leeds, UK

#11 Nov 28, 2009
omg...i wont some shag bands where can ya get them from!!
Old hag

UK

#12 Nov 29, 2009
amy wrote:
Amy you are far too old to even contemplate shaging.
You will do yourself an injury girl....stop now!!
Mervyn

UK

#13 Nov 29, 2009
[quote]"Further bans are expected after the shocking revelation that a six-year-old child told her mum she planned to have sex with her boyfriend if he broke her black band."[/quote]

Some six year olds know a whole lot more than six year olds are usually expected to know. Also, many Welsh girls are more sophisticated and precocious than their counterparts elsewhere.

Ban the sex bands? Not much point, really. Girls would merely find some other way of displaying their interests.

And of course, if both participants in any act are children, there is not a lot the law can do about it.

Kids will be kids !!!
Robert

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Nov 29, 2009
I wear an orange band, and I have been told it means all kinds of things , but I just wear it because a friend gave it to me and she said it meant peace. I don't know about in the UK, but here they don't mean anything , except cheap rubber jewelry on wrist.lol
Richard

UK

#15 Jan 3, 2010
This was an urban myth going around when I was in school, quite impressive that itís survived, and not at all surprising that Media Walesí complete lack of journalistic standards has been shown up again.
Missy

Modesto, CA

#17 Jan 3, 2010
Girl wrote:
Yes, it's a way to let the boys know that you are really horny without actually having to tell them! Many girls in my school wear them now.
Karl

UK

#18 Jan 9, 2010
Old hag wrote:
<quoted text>
Amy you are far too old to even contemplate shaging.
You will do yourself an injury girl....stop now!!
...Never too old for shagging, darling!(how about Iris Robinson for starters?- bet there's loads of fellas like myself who would love to be her new butcher's boy!)lol. Not for under-age kids tho'and the school was right for banning them.
Karl

UK

#19 Jan 9, 2010
amy wrote:
Good on ya Gal!('Life begins at Forty'etc.!)Hope you keep wearing it until you're shagged out!lol
miss me

Brighton, UK

#20 May 21, 2010
to be honest i just like their style i did not even know what they ment till face book and my friend said it ment `bum sex`????????? how stupid is that!
Pink lady

Cardiff, UK

#21 Dec 23, 2010
littel girls should not wear them. If my daughter wore them when she was older I would take them off her and in the bin that go. And if girls are wearing then just to let a boy know she wants tovget laid wait till you meet the right person and a resonabel age to know what you want don't waste it on someone who ain't special

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vale of Glamorgan County, Wales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drivers in Cardiff face a massive increase in p... Jul '15 crazyDriver 2
News Cycle Event: Velothon Wales will take place on ... May '15 Mike Thomas 1
News Miliband: my first act as PM would be to scrap ... May '15 Trevor 1
News And the Vale of Glamorgan Pub of the Year title... Apr '15 pete smith 1
News Geraint Jarman gets set for album launch at Cha... (Jan '15) Mar '15 wama 2
News Commuters unhappy with Arriva Trains Wales fare... (Jan '15) Jan '15 rich5454 1
News Nurse faked having baby by 'borrowing' friend's... (Dec '14) Dec '14 yep 2
More from around the web