Gallery: Stowmarket family toy shop S...

Gallery: Stowmarket family toy shop Simpsons set to close unless buyer can be found

There are 3 comments on the East Anglian Daily Times story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Gallery: Stowmarket family toy shop Simpsons set to close unless buyer can be found. In it, East Anglian Daily Times reports that:

Simpsons Toy Shop in Stowmarket is to close after 100 years of business. Former manager Coral Baker, Ernest's late wife It has made tens of thousands of children's dreams come true - but a toy shop which has been trading for more than 100 years is set to close.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at East Anglian Daily Times.

sarah

Lynn, UK

#1 Sep 14, 2013
Coral Baker was not former manager,coral was former owner after working in the shop alongside her dad ernie simpson who retired in 1991,Coral then run the shop until 1998,in which she sadly and very much missed passed away to leave her husband ernie,4 children,and grandchildren,, xxx
Deb

Selby, UK

#2 Sep 15, 2013
sarah wrote:
Coral Baker was not former manager,coral was former owner after working in the shop alongside her dad ernie simpson who retired in 1991,Coral then run the shop until 1998,in which she sadly and very much missed passed away to leave her husband ernie,4 children,and grandchildren,, xxx
I'm so pleased this has been pointed out, coral was one of the nicest people I have ever known, she was also the best nannie to my son and a lovely mother in law to me, she was one of my best friends. It's so sad that shop looks set to close .
sarah

Lynn, UK

#3 Sep 21, 2013
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so pleased this has been pointed out, coral was one of the nicest people I have ever known, she was also the best nannie to my son and a lovely mother in law to me, she was one of my best friends. It's so sad that shop looks set to close .
,,,,,I totaly agree .It should also be pointed out it 5 generations of the family not 7,
Two of corals children worked in the shop with her and there grandad ernie Simpson,and now one of corals grandchildren works partime in the shop,,,We need to keep this shop open and keep these memories alive ,,SAVE SIMPSONS NOW,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Accomplished liar" and executor for gravely il... Jun 13 billmcknickell 2
News Police probe bike theft spate at Center Parcs (Aug '09) Apr '15 Affman 33
Man dressed as a woman and pretended to be dist... Mar '15 kpe 1
News Region's hospitals increasing spend on agency s... Feb '15 Ivonka22 1
News Cash and Ipad stolen in burglary Feb '15 james 1
Barker or Chapman families? (Dec '14) Dec '14 jimiocarroll 1
News A 1,400 bill for letting dogs annoy neighbours (Nov '14) Nov '14 Alison 2
More from around the web