Taliban kept at bay by South Yorkshire soldiers

Jul 28, 2012 Full story: Sheffield Star 24

FIERCE fighting involving South Yorkshire soldiers has opened up a new front in the battle to drive Taliban insurgents from civilian areas of Afghanistan.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anthony

Ashington, UK

#1 Jul 28, 2012
Great work lads!
cymru

UK

#2 Jul 28, 2012
Send those Taliban bastards to meet Allah and their paedo prophet.
Karol

Kraków, Poland

#3 Jul 28, 2012
These people are just Afghan civilians, who are forced to fight by hostile forces (USA, another nato ), which invaded their country.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#4 Jul 28, 2012
Karol wrote:
These people are just Afghan civilians, who are forced to fight by hostile forces (USA, another nato ), which invaded their country.
Actually they are generally just Afghan civillians who are forced to fight by the taliban. The taliban hold their families under threat of execution and force non combatants to go out and plant IEDs.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 29, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they are generally just Afghan civillians who are forced to fight by the taliban. The taliban hold their families under threat of execution and force non combatants to go out and plant IEDs.
making excuses for people who want to kill UK troops now ICR? you can always get lower into the gutter cant you.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#6 Jul 29, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
making excuses for people who want to kill UK troops now ICR? you can always get lower into the gutter cant you.
I just repeated what the troops themselves have said.

Are they making excuses for people who want to kill them?

Location hidden

#7 Jul 29, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
that's strange all of my mates from my time in the Army who have been to Afghanistan(some several times)don't tell me that.hey but no doubt an ant-British throwback hippy knows more British soldiers than an ex squaddie ,stands to reason doesn't it?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#8 Jul 29, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
that's strange all of my mates from my time in the Army who have been to Afghanistan(some several times)don't tell me that.hey but no doubt an ant-British throwback hippy knows more British soldiers than an ex squaddie ,stands to reason doesn't it?
Making up stories again Mike?

You really are pitiful.

There is no way the army would take someone like you. None.
cymru

Shrewsbury, UK

#9 Jul 30, 2012
The sweaty sock is right for once. The Taliban brutalise the Afghan people. They're not a popular organisation. Not everyone in that country is a demented Islamist. If they were, the Taliban would never have had to kill so many of them for such 'crimes' as owning VHS copies of western movies, having a boy/girlfriend, or operating secret schools for educating girls.
allymac

Tipton, UK

#10 Jul 30, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
A civilian with a weapon is just as dangerous as a trained soldier....just look at the Aurora shootings.
Krypteia

Lewes, UK

#11 Jul 30, 2012
When the South Yorkshires get home maybe they're clear out Bradford..

Location hidden

#12 Jul 30, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Making up stories again Mike?
You really are pitiful.
There is no way the army would take someone like you. None.
WOW! you are a bitter bitter man aren't you?
i can only wonder what a wretched life you must have had to turn you into such a twisted bitter little man.
but that is no excuse for you being such a monumental cockend,lol what the fcuk would a prat like you know about the British Army?it is amazing how you manage to combine being pathetic/hilarious/obnoxious into one personality a shrink could make a career out of you.
now, your stone is calling so fcuk off back under it.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 30, 2012
cymru wrote:
The sweaty sock is right for once. The Taliban brutalise the Afghan people. They're not a popular organisation. Not everyone in that country is a demented Islamist. If they were, the Taliban would never have had to kill so many of them for such 'crimes' as owning VHS copies of western movies, having a boy/girlfriend, or operating secret schools for educating girls.
read some history,the people of Afghanistan need NO encouragement or coercion to fight invaders what so ever.the Taliban may not be popular,but if they didn't exist the Afghans would still be fighting.
look at the history,
first Afghan war 1839-42 no Taliban then.
second Afghan war 1878-80 no Taliban then.
they may be primitive Muslim scum but you have to hand it to them,they do not put up with being invaded.(and for all you cockends reading this and thinking you can twist that statement into me supporting the Taliban,i don't so forget it,you know who i mean don't you)
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#15 Jul 30, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! you are a bitter bitter man aren't you?
i can only wonder what a wretched life you must have had to turn you into such a twisted bitter little man.
but that is no excuse for you being such a monumental cockend,lol what the fcuk would a prat like you know about the British Army?it is amazing how you manage to combine being pathetic/hilarious/obnoxious into one personality a shrink could make a career out of you.
now, your stone is calling so fcuk off back under it.
Don't cry Mike. Why don't you tell everyone another story?

Location hidden

#16 Jul 30, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cry Mike. Why don't you tell everyone another story?
you really are very strange ICR aren't you.
Oliver Cromwell

Liverpool, UK

#17 Jul 31, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
read some history,the people of Afghanistan need NO encouragement or coercion to fight invaders what so ever.the Taliban may not be popular,but if they didn't exist the Afghans would still be fighting.
look at the history,
first Afghan war 1839-42 no Taliban then.
second Afghan war 1878-80 no Taliban then.
they may be primitive Muslim scum but you have to hand it to them,they do not put up with being invaded.(and for all you cockends reading this and thinking you can twist that statement into me supporting the Taliban,i don't so forget it,you know who i mean don't you)
Thats the problem some of these people don't look at history,do they really think we would be in all these wars if the Americans were not involved,i would have some of our Politicians charged with treason the way they have prostituted this Country to US Imperialism,all those soldiers who have been killed in Afghanistan have died for nothing,British troops are just foreign legionnaires of the US Reich,its as simple as that,the way some people talk about the fighting in Afghanistan you would think it was a Saturday afternoon football hooligan tear up instead of men getting their heads blown off.like others have said when a Country is invaded people resist,it isn't rocket science.

Location hidden

#18 Jul 31, 2012
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> Thats the problem some of these people don't look at history,do they really think we would be in all these wars if the Americans were not involved,i would have some of our Politicians charged with treason the way they have prostituted this Country to US Imperialism,all those soldiers who have been killed in Afghanistan have died for nothing,British troops are just foreign legionnaires of the US Reich,its as simple as that,the way some people talk about the fighting in Afghanistan you would think it was a Saturday afternoon football hooligan tear up instead of men getting their heads blown off.like others have said when a Country is invaded people resist,it isn't rocket science.
what most of these tw*ts chose to forget is that their beloved NEW LABOUR party got the UK involved in all the conflicts of recent years,but that is besides the point,there is no excuse to support the people who are trying to kill our troops in Afghanistan.totally unacceptable.(that also goes for making excuses for the Taliban)
john gak

United States

#19 Jul 31, 2012
carryon @@know more http://fast2earn.com/-101667.htm
Oliver Cromwell

Liverpool, UK

#20 Jul 31, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
what most of these tw*ts chose to forget is that their beloved NEW LABOUR party got the UK involved in all the conflicts of recent years,but that is besides the point,there is no excuse to support the people who are trying to kill our troops in Afghanistan.totally unacceptable.(that also goes for making excuses for the Taliban)
I don't support the Taliban i am saying when a country is invaded people resist,they call them Taliban but many are just Pashtun tribesmen who have always resisted invaders,as for New Labour there is no difference between them and the other parties,they all sing from the same hym sheet i would have Blair and the others in a war crimes court,and i am sick and tired of this country being a stooge of the US.
suckadick

Germany

#21 Aug 1, 2012
soldiers are fighting for corparations, oil companies, contracting companies, installing rothschild banks in foreign countries

THEY ARE NOT FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM, THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR ENSLAVEMENT,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Yorkshire County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UKIP's Nigel Farage says party can oust Ed Mili... Nov 24 James 5
Got To Dance: Vote for The Future on Sky1 this ... (Mar '12) Nov '14 mushohwe 4
Alcoa's purchase of Firth praised Sep '14 bud 1
1,400 children sexually exploited over 16 years... Sep '14 James 22
Britain's wilful blindness to the horrors in Ro... Sep '14 James 2
Victim of sex gang was offered Urdu and Punjabi... (Sep '12) Sep '14 Hope 32
South Yorkshire police and crime commissioner S... Sep '14 James 3
More from around the web