OK Gerry - let's have border poll on Republic rejoining UK

Jan 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fermanagh Today

In an apparent attempt to exacerbate unionist disaffection with current efforts to marginalise their culture and traditions, Gerry Adams, a TD from Louth in the Republic of Ireland, chooses this week to call for a border poll.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of434
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Equality---

Grangemouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds deeply suspicious to me.
The vast majority of people in the RoI don't have a spare 10k to give up every year.
Anything, sounds deeply suspicious to you pal, as you are a paranoid freak show...LOL.
Irish1

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

This is confusing appearently thier is someone else using the name Irish. So ive added a 1 to my name.

Anyway Gerry is a right muppet.with? Its only a backwords minority that seem to want to keep it separate. The last time the irish people voted as all 32 counties they voted to stay. But where over ruled. Its time for all 32 counties to be together as they are.
Irish1

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Irish1 wrote:
This is confusing appearently thier is someone else using the name Irish. So ive added a 1 to my name.
Anyway Gerry is a right muppet.with? Its only a backwords minority that seem to want to keep it separate. The last time the irish people voted as all 32 counties they voted to stay. But where over ruled. Its time for all 32 counties to be together as they are.
fine work Irish1 now everyone will be able to tell the genuine Irish1 from the bogus Irish1,wont they?
Equality---

Grangemouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Irish1 wrote:
I agree our island should be united "IRISH1" however I do not agree that another finger of blood should be spilled to acheive this.
Nor should there be any Irish person, Protestant or Catholic, loyalist or Nationalist, wasting away a good percentage of there lives inside a "British" prison cell in the failed hope of stopping this, or acheiving it.

All life is to precious, and short for this, so called sentimental, patriotic bullshit.
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Irish1 wrote:
Apologies I didn't see you posting,but wouldn't location give it away as who is whom?:)I will stick with Irish2 from now on :)
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Equality--- wrote:
<quoted text>I agree our island should be united "IRISH1" however I do not agree that another finger of blood should be spilled to acheive this.
Nor should there be any Irish person, Protestant or Catholic, loyalist or Nationalist, wasting away a good percentage of there lives inside a "British" prison cell in the failed hope of stopping this, or acheiving it.
All life is to precious, and short for this, so called sentimental, patriotic bullshit.
Nothing wrong with being patriotic,saved your ass before didnt it :P
Equality---

Lancaster, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Irish2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with being patriotic,saved your ass before didnt it :P
Explain yourself, "saved my ass before didnt it" You have me baffled pal.
In my mind being Patriotic, is to do something for the benefit of your country and fellow country and woman, e.g. Olympic boxer, Irish football team.
Not to use it, to sentimentally rile up young impressionable people to kill or be killed, or to serve a wasteless prison sentence, such as numerous young Irishmen and woman are presently today serving, in regards to dissident republican activity.
The British Government and numerous British people are also falsely using sentimental bullshit patriotism everyday, in regards to working class fodder, being sent abroad, to be killed or seriously injured in foreign fields.
Whilst in reality they do not give to flying fecks, about the precious lives of these young people, because if they really did care, they would be protesting in there millions, for the return of these young working class lives to there loved ones, instead of pouring out sentimental crocidile bullshit patriotic tears, with there mini union jacks, and st georges flags in hand.

The president of afghanistan, recently said, that ever since the day, that the British entered helmund province, things have worsened and nothing has been gained. Yet many British working class fodder, young soldiers, were to have lost there precious lives there.
If I was British Prime minister, 5 minutes after hearing this statement, I would have ordered the immediate withdrawal of all British troops, from Afghanistan. Why are they not being pulled? The main reason is that Britain follows America, similar to a brainless wagging tail puppy, following a feckin hungry rottweller.
Secondly, military money contracts, have to be fullfilled for the faceless elite, who often really pull the strings, in America and Britain.
Patriotism, my feckin bollo-cks!!!
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Equality--- wrote:
<quoted text>Explain yourself, "saved my ass before didnt it" You have me baffled pal.
In my mind being Patriotic, is to do something for the benefit of your country and fellow country and woman, e.g. Olympic boxer, Irish football team.
Not to use it, to sentimentally rile up young impressionable people to kill or be killed, or to serve a wasteless prison sentence, such as numerous young Irishmen and woman are presently today serving, in regards to dissident republican activity.
The British Government and numerous British people are also falsely using sentimental bullshit patriotism everyday, in regards to working class fodder, being sent abroad, to be killed or seriously injured in foreign fields.
Whilst in reality they do not give to flying fecks, about the precious lives of these young people, because if they really did care, they would be protesting in there millions, for the return of these young working class lives to there loved ones, instead of pouring out sentimental crocidile bullshit patriotic tears, with there mini union jacks, and st georges flags in hand.
The president of afghanistan, recently said, that ever since the day, that the British entered helmund province, things have worsened and nothing has been gained. Yet many British working class fodder, young soldiers, were to have lost there precious lives there.
If I was British Prime minister, 5 minutes after hearing this statement, I would have ordered the immediate withdrawal of all British troops, from Afghanistan. Why are they not being pulled? The main reason is that Britain follows America, similar to a brainless wagging tail puppy, following a feckin hungry rottweller.
Secondly, military money contracts, have to be fullfilled for the faceless elite, who often really pull the strings, in America and Britain.
Patriotism, my feckin bollo-cks!!!
I have one question did i say that to someone in Belfast or in Gloucester? I am slightly baffled.
I stand with what i said be it you being British or Irish. Doesnt matter.If you have people who fought for their Family and fellow countrypeople. That is patriotic .If wasn't for those people who are patriotic you may not be alive to debate with me on line ;)
And neither might i.So yes i am for patriotism always.
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

P.S Afghanistan is a cess pool of a country always has been always will be.Police rape young men and women (they call them but are possible as young as 7) in there and women and everyone turns blind eye.
Any one saying British making it worse is a liar.
I for one am shocked you would even listen to anyone in there in first place,They are majority as bad as the ones on the ground.
As for British being in there or any other man woman fighting in there from any other country.I personally think they shouldnt be in there, they should be banned from travelling anywhere in world.And all Non afghans never to go in there ever.My opinion.
And no its not patriotic to fight in them countries as not their country.
If they were banned from travelling to our countries,there would be no need to be trying to stop the terrorists in first place.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Dubbadud.Duh!What happens when the population and birthrates exceed the capaciity that the country can support?I know a little of English/Irish history and these countries shipped their poor and hungry to our shores just to be rid of them.Look to your British cousins regarding the future of your"Emerald Isle".Remember what happened during the famine in Ireland.
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Dubbadud.Duh!What happens when the population and birthrates exceed the capaciity that the country can support?I know a little of English/Irish history and these countries shipped their poor and hungry to our shores just to be rid of them.Look to your British cousins regarding the future of your"Emerald Isle".Remember what happened during the famine in Ireland.
I know a little of English/Irish history and these countries shipped their poor and hungry to our shores just to be rid of them??????????
em No Ireland didnt. You really need to retake history of Ireland and UK again.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Irish2.You know as little of your country's history as you do of America's.During the Famine,landlords used two methods to rid themselves of paupers.1.Legal judgement 2.Paid transport to America.Landlords made phoney offers of money,food,and clothing.The poor were packed on unseaworthy British vessels known as"Coffin ships".Stick that in your pipe,Paddy Muldoon.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Irish2.You know as little of your country's history as you do of America's.During the Famine,landlords used two methods to rid themselves of paupers.1.Legal judgement 2.Paid transport to America.Landlords made phoney offers of money,food,and clothing.The poor were packed on unseaworthy British vessels known as"Coffin ships".Stick that in your pipe,Paddy Muldoon.
So are you saying wealthy Irish Landlords and businessmen packed their fellow Irish on faulty ships on purpose?
Roderic

Canterbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I wonder what that great Irishman the Duke of Wellington thought about it?
Equality---

Overtown, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Irish2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one question did i say that to someone in Belfast or in Gloucester? I am slightly baffled.
I stand with what i said be it you being British or Irish. Doesnt matter.If you have people who fought for their Family and fellow countrypeople. That is patriotic .If wasn't for those people who are patriotic you may not be alive to debate with me on line ;)
And neither might i.So yes i am for patriotism always.
I am Irish, IRISH2, and I live in the british occupied northern part of our island. If one does not sign into topix, topix will give a fictitous address, tomorrow I may be in Glasgow, whilst not actually living there???

You have your view or opinion on what patriotism means, to you and I have my opinion, simple really, so fair play.
Roderic

Rochester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

What about the IMF and German occupied south?
Equality---

Overtown, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Roderic wrote:
What about the IMF and German occupied south?
Britain will soon be running to the "germans", for a bail out pal, Hitler will be having a good smirk, wherever the sick fecker is.

AA, where did that other feckin A go, that is ours, youse european bsaterds. LOL.

No germans in the dail, pal.
Britains debt is nothing to be proud about, in fact I am certain that your governments debt supercedes Irelands present debt, by billions, and as your coalition government of muti-millionaires continue to knock the feck out of Britains future growth prospects, it will only become worse.
Furthermore Ireland owes and pays it due to the international monetary fund, who are not solely german pal.
nemo rangers

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Roderic wrote:
I wonder what that great Irishman the Duke of Wellington thought about it?
if you knew anything at all about the Iron Duke you would realize why your above statement is so wrong.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Yes the famine when 8 million were on the island. Your claiming that Ireland cannot support 8 million people? It is one of the least densely populated places in Europe. Ireland 8 million before the famine, Britain (Scotland, Wales, England) was 12 million. Yes I'm guessing your own family got to the US the same way, but of course you have some ''native American'' blood don't you? Americans love saying that to try and lend some legitimacy to their presence in the country......

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Clayton Rockwell wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying wealthy Irish Landlords and businessmen packed their fellow Irish on faulty ships on purpose?
Protestant ''Irish'' Landlords.

Protestant = British, or at least it did for a very long time in Ireland.

Catholic Native Irish people were severely as to how much land they could own.

But of course the flowery British history wouldn't want that fact getting out, but its there plain and simple for all to see. Check out the Penal Laws, Catholic Emancipation, the Land League etc.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of434
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lincolnshire County, England Discussions

Search the Lincolnshire County, England Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Man who can't remember his own name Thu goyim 1
The Irish language is not deceased Jun 27 Robin Ingrahm 1
Police to tackle speeding epidemic in Long Sutton Jun 26 Cliff Collin 1
Yvonne Abraham Reflections on busing Jun 23 Tom 2
Angling: Fine species coming out to play on the... May '14 backyard-chicken-owner 1
Pair face eviction by Crown May '14 Angela Halsall 1
European Parliament Election: Police stationed ... May '14 Lewi 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••