OK Gerry - let's have border poll on Republic rejoining UK

Jan 26, 2013 Full story: Fermanagh Today 434

In an apparent attempt to exacerbate unionist disaffection with current efforts to marginalise their culture and traditions, Gerry Adams, a TD from Louth in the Republic of Ireland, chooses this week to call for a border poll.

Full Story
Irish

Dublin, Ireland

#26 Jan 29, 2013
P.s I see all Irish in the six counties as Irish.And all the people of peaceful non bigoted attitude towards Us as Irish people, welcome to be apart of Ireland united.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#27 Jan 29, 2013
Irish wrote:
P.s I see all Irish in the six counties as Irish.And all the people of peaceful non bigoted attitude towards Us as Irish people, welcome to be apart of Ireland united.
FAIR PLAY..

I am profusely sorry for my reply post.
I think what happened and this is no excuse, as it was obviously my fault, I misread the thread headline and obviously mixed your up your post to my perceived wrongful thinking on what the thread headline was..

Again, I am sorry.:(
Irish

Dublin, Ireland

#28 Jan 29, 2013
---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>FAIR PLAY..
I am profusely sorry for my reply post.
I think what happened and this is no excuse, as it was obviously my fault, I misread the thread headline and obviously mixed your up your post to my perceived wrongful thinking on what the thread headline was..
Again, I am sorry.:(
Tá sé céart go leor mo chara,Go raibh maith agat.
It will happen in both our days :)

Location hidden

#29 Jan 29, 2013
Don't believe it'll ever have any hope of peace until Ireland is no longer divided into north/south; and even then perhaps not because of the religious divide. Why hasn't an Irish referendum been carried out and implemented. Those who it directly effects - those who live in Ireland under Great Britain, they have a right to decide whether they want to remain part of the UK. Once decided in a majority poll it might shut everyone up. At least for a while.
James

Chatham, UK

#30 Jan 30, 2013
There was a referendum.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#31 Jan 30, 2013
Irish wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you on about?
Loads of protestants working and studying in Dublin.Grew up alongside a good few of them also.So your point is?
I dont want to be apart of UK and neither does majority of Us Irish .And again what is your point? You going to arrange my death?
You'll have to excuse him.

He's mental.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#32 Jan 30, 2013
Irish wrote:
<quoted text>
Tá sé céart go leor mo chara,Go raibh maith agat.
It will happen in both our days :)
Reunification means you'll have to pay for the defecit in NI.

It'll cost every single person in the ROI around £10,000 each.

That's per year btw.

Are you willing to pay?
James

Chatham, UK

#33 Jan 30, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
That's per year btw.
Are you willing to pay?
Unlikely, as the failed terrorist south will soon need another IMF bailout from its German masters.

Location hidden

#34 Jan 30, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to excuse him.
He's mental.
Not as MENTAL as YOU!
LOL.

Whats the craic "I can read" your auld buddy, the ex-British soldier has left us, he has thrown a sectarian, rascist strop, because he was uncovered as a crossdressing, gay canoeist. I personnelly could not give two fecks, whatever floats his boat. lol.(Pun not intended) wink! wink!

I have often wondered "I can read" are you certain, that your user name is not "I can really, really, really, feckin read, why do youse not feckin, feckin, feckin beleive me" lol.

SLAN....
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#35 Jan 30, 2013
---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>Not as MENTAL as YOU!
LOL.
Whats the craic "I can read" your auld buddy, the ex-British soldier has left us, he has thrown a sectarian, rascist strop, because he was uncovered as a crossdressing, gay canoeist. I personnelly could not give two fecks, whatever floats his boat. lol.(Pun not intended) wink! wink!
I have often wondered "I can read" are you certain, that your user name is not "I can really, really, really, feckin read, why do youse not feckin, feckin, feckin beleive me" lol.
SLAN....
Are you going to deny claiming Irish was a right wing extremist just like you denied calling dubby evil?

PS Is your main reason for supporting Irish reunification that as a UK citizen you'll get a tax break from not having to pay for NI any more?

Don't worry if that's the case, it's very common. That's why the idea of Irish reunification is more popular on the mainland UK than it is in NI or the RoI (something which you've previously been too deluded to admit).

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#36 Jan 30, 2013
James wrote:
There was a referendum.
You and others of a Unionist ''persuasion'' on here have continually claimed that barely anyone at the moment in NI will vote to join with the ROI. And I think that is a fair enough opinion.

Thing is at the same time many people of a Unionist persuasion on here don't want a referendum? Why?

If a referendum happens the Protestant-Unionists will do a grand job of putting their foot in it and making a big sectarian bravado that it will actually raise the numbers of people voting for reunification. In the current climate reunification won't happen, in 10 years time when Protestant-Unionists are a minority, it could possibly.....The Protestant-Unionists will do most of the pro-reunification campaigning though not realising it themselves LOL.....

Location hidden

#37 Jan 30, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to deny claiming Irish was a right wing extremist just like you denied calling dubby evil?
PS Is your main reason for supporting Irish reunification that as a UK citizen you'll get a tax break from not having to pay for NI any more?
Don't worry if that's the case, it's very common. That's why the idea of Irish reunification is more popular on the mainland UK than it is in NI or the RoI (something which you've previously been too deluded to admit).
You may be on to something there, as I had my suspicsions about that guy, as I am relatively new this site, although you are probably saying to yourselve, it feels, like that the auld fecker "EQUALITY" has been here for years, I have that affect on people, so do not worry about it. lol.
Anyway, back to "IRISH" I thought he posted right wing stuff ages ago, however I cud not be sure.
I will get back to you, will do a bit of checking on that one...

Dubb remark, not worthy of reply...

I am do not consider myself a united kingdom citzen similar to thousands upon thousands of northern Irish people, we all
hold an Irish passport.
I live within the 6 counties, of the 32 counties, which makes up the whole island of Ireland. The native Irish within these 6 counties share a land masse with the British settlers. These 6 counties have been under British occupation, for quite some time, as you are well aware....

SLAN....
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#38 Jan 30, 2013
---Equality wrote:
<quoted text> You may be on to something there, as I had my suspicsions about that guy, as I am relatively new this site, although you are probably saying to yourselve, it feels, like that the auld fecker "EQUALITY" has been here for years, I have that affect on people, so do not worry about it. lol.
Anyway, back to "IRISH" I thought he posted right wing stuff ages ago, however I cud not be sure.
I will get back to you, will do a bit of checking on that one...
Dubb remark, not worthy of reply...
I am do not consider myself a united kingdom citzen similar to thousands upon thousands of northern Irish people, we all
hold an Irish passport.
I live within the 6 counties, of the 32 counties, which makes up the whole island of Ireland. The native Irish within these 6 counties share a land masse with the British settlers. These 6 counties have been under British occupation, for quite some time, as you are well aware....
SLAN....
Strange, yesterday you were claiming Norther Ireland didn't even exist.

Now you're claiming you live there.

Even more strangely though, every time you forget to log in and hide your location, it always says you're posting from somewhere on the mainland.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 30, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, yesterday you were claiming Norther Ireland didn't even exist.
Now you're claiming you live there.
Even more strangely though, every time you forget to log in and hide your location, it always says you're posting from somewhere on the mainland.
Out of context word player, not interested in debate.
Last ever reply post to you pal, I mean it this time, total looner. For some reasoning you MISTER, give me the creeps, and you remind me of a very sinister infamous person, who I will not name....

Yes, it does that sometimes with every person that does not sign in.....your friend Stuarty supposedly posted from all over scotland yesterday, but this guy is from belfast..But of course you know all this..

SLAN CREEPS, HAVE A GOOD LIFE!!!
James

Dover, UK

#40 Jan 31, 2013
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
You and others of a Unionist ''persuasion'' on here have continually claimed that barely anyone at the moment in NI will vote to join with the ROI. And I think that is a fair enough opinion.
Thing is at the same time many people of a Unionist persuasion on here don't want a referendum? Why?
If a referendum happens the Protestant-Unionists will do a grand job of putting their foot in it and making a big sectarian bravado that it will actually raise the numbers of people voting for reunification. In the current climate reunification won't happen, in 10 years time when Protestant-Unionists are a minority, it could possibly.....The Protestant-Unionists will do most of the pro-reunification campaigning though not realising it themselves LOL.....
No, it's Sinn Fein that does not want another referendum.

People in Northern Ireland will never accept the failed euro as their currency.
Irish

Dublin, Ireland

#41 Feb 26, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
That's per year btw.
Are you willing to pay?
I can whole heartily can speak for myself,without a doubt yes i am willing.
Other Irish who are now Euro trash and not Irish,I am not so sure about.I do however hope they are in minority.Or we will be bending over for Germany like little fish in the big pond for rest of the Earths days.
I personally believe it can work and would work if people who are so opposed to it in North of Ireland would let it happen.And not see divides but a bigger cause of actually getting along and not being worried we would stomp them out or their pride in their nationality.After all we have all been through so much lost so much and being divided hasnt worked thus far.
So the lesson needs to be learned,now lets try it together.I believe would benefit us all economically and socially :)
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#42 Feb 26, 2013
Irish wrote:
<quoted text>
I can whole heartily can speak for myself,without a doubt yes i am willing.
Other Irish who are now Euro trash and not Irish,I am not so sure about.I do however hope they are in minority.Or we will be bending over for Germany like little fish in the big pond for rest of the Earths days.
I personally believe it can work and would work if people who are so opposed to it in North of Ireland would let it happen.And not see divides but a bigger cause of actually getting along and not being worried we would stomp them out or their pride in their nationality.After all we have all been through so much lost so much and being divided hasnt worked thus far.
So the lesson needs to be learned,now lets try it together.I believe would benefit us all economically and socially :)
You think having 10k less in your pocket every year is a financial benefit?

PS You said you'd be happy to pay, did that just include you or your entire household?

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#43 Feb 26, 2013
I'm quite happy to let the British taxpayers pay for the greenification of NI. The Nationalist community being the majority and having a Nationalist in the first ministers job which will happen in the next decade is apart from a United Ireland pretty much worst case scenario for many of those from the traditionally unionist community. The clock is ticking.....
Irish

Dublin, Ireland

#44 Feb 26, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You think having 10k less in your pocket every year is a financial benefit?
PS You said you'd be happy to pay, did that just include you or your entire household?
Yes happy to do it.We will benefit as a whole economically with Northern Ireland resources combined with south etc.... In the long run North and south will benefit i believe.
My whole household and many many people i know.
Why do you care anyway?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#45 Feb 26, 2013
Irish wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes happy to do it.We will benefit as a whole economically with Northern Ireland resources combined with south etc.... In the long run North and south will benefit i believe.
My whole household and many many people i know.
Why do you care anyway?
It sounds deeply suspicious to me.

The vast majority of people in the RoI don't have a spare £10k to give up every year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincolnshire County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay couple have day in church Aug 20 misfit 59
Give it a Shot: Sean Atkinson, co-creator of th... (Dec '09) Aug '14 love ginger cock 185
Picture Gallery: Fabulous '40s in swing at Wood... Jul '14 David Lee 1
Parents shocked by school sex scandal (Mar '14) Jul '14 dad of 3 6
Gigaclear to bring high-speed broadband to Linc... Jul '14 small and proud 1
Man who can't remember his own name Jul '14 goyim 1
The Irish language is not deceased Jun '14 Robin Ingrahm 1
•••

Lincolnshire County, England People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••