Number of empty shops in Leicester city...

Sep 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: This Is Leicestershire

The number of empty shops in Leicester has increased with nearly one in five now vacant, a survey claims.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ART FOR CHANGE

Nuneaton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Give ART FOR CHANGE more shops they fill it with art work! This is what Leicester needs the POP-UP Exhibitions are a good idea the council should not miss out on this opportunity.
ART FOR CHANGE

Nuneaton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I visited the exhibition it was fresh and I agree Leicester needs it I visited both POP-UP exhibitions the one in the Highcross and the one that is on now on Hallford street in the city centre.
ronan

Mitcham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 12, 2010
 
Empty shops?

Two reasons for it, in my view.

There is the economic crisis which affects the retail industry, added to the big push from the supermarkets.

There is also a change in the purchasing pattern; people don't need so many shops - they buy on line.

So, nothing to worry about. Maybe in future, most retail shops will disappear from our high street, and our town will cease to be huge shopping malls.
HEART

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

There are plenty off pound shops now every where!
Leicester is one big 1 shop :)
ronan

Carshalton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 24, 2010
 
HEART wrote:
There are plenty off pound shops now every where!
Leicester is one big 1 shop :)
Well, that's one way of beating the recession, isn't it?

Sell everything for One Pound ...
John B

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 3, 2010
 
Wonder if it might be the councils charges are much to high and render people unable to afford guess money has to come from somewhere for the councils trips to wherever for whatever.
Mr Tripod

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 3, 2010
 
Leicester suffers from too many monkeys and not enough organ grinders.
ronan

Carshalton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 3, 2010
 
Dud Twenties wrote:
here is a clue - the council is happy to spend a lot of money on a statue of Gandhi,(a little Indian lawyer with absolutely NO connection to Leicester). some priorities wrong here!
Nothing wrong in promoting non-violent activism, for a change.
Pov

Harrow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ahh Ghandi......the racist. Hope there's no black folk in Leicester, if I were black, I'd be the first one to complain.

“Keep Britain Pagan”

Since: Jun 08

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 3, 2010
 
Dud Twenties wrote:
<quoted text>what connection has Gandhi to Leicester? why not someone who was born there, or has a connection?
Coz dat wud b wacist init
ronan

Carshalton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 3, 2010
 
Dud Twenties wrote:
<quoted text>what connection has Gandhi to Leicester? why not someone who was born there, or has a connection?
What connection has Mandela with London?
We have his statue here...

More sour grapes from you?
FACTOID

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 25, 2010
 
Dud Twenties wrote:
here is a clue - the council is happy to spend a lot of money on a statue of Gandhi,(a little Indian lawyer with absolutely NO connection to Leicester). some priorities wrong here!
The council didn't pay for it dumbass. It was 100% privately funded.

“British mp's are corrupt cnuts”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 26, 2010
 
FACTOID wrote:
<quoted text>
The council didn't pay for it dumbass. It was 100% privately funded.
Well they pay f**k all tax, so they can afford it!
Ever wondered why they only work in cash only jobs.....Taxi driving, kebab shops, market stalls, drug dealing, prostitution etc etc etc
rob

Wellingborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 2, 2011
 
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's one way of beating the recession, isn't it?

Sell everything for One Pound ...
It is if ur buying the stock for 20p per unit
rob

Wellingborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 2, 2011
 
Dud Twenties wrote:
<quoted text>what connection has Gandhi to Leicester? why not someone who was born there, or has a connection?
Would rather see Gary lineker there instead
rob

Wellingborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 2, 2011
 
Dud Twenties wrote:
<quoted text>again , none. I suppose that was another attempt to keep our "minorities" happy, although why we need statues of foreigners , I don't really see.
Actually the majority in Leicester are asians
rob

Wellingborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 2, 2011
 
Landlords will not drop rent though, it's crazy. Rates are still the same, rates should be lowered slightly
rob

Wellingborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 3, 2011
 
Dud Twenties wrote:
<quoted text>or MYSELF - Gary Lineker and Dud Twenties are both well known people born in Leicester.
Yeah dud twenties, household name in Leicester
fREE THINKER

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 9, 2011
 
Well it looks like the sheep are still asleep in Leicester.....

Open your eyes as Leicester is one off the biggest basses for Satan worship Saturn worship ext and freemasonry .

The governing bodies there bow down too no one but the blue bloods who in slave us all.

If you think that a bunch off foreigners is the problem then open your eyes because it is not .

There is not much time as the final cap is in place for there new dawn and a new day!

New religion will be forced on us and if we don't follow we will be sent too the feema camps .

There are 13 family's that inslave the world it is about time we the stupid humans woke up!
dont do that here

Brecon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 10, 2011
 
fREE THINKER wrote:
Well it looks like the sheep are still asleep in Leicester.....
Open your eyes as Leicester is one off the biggest basses for Satan worship Saturn worship ext and freemasonry .
The governing bodies there bow down too no one but the blue bloods who in slave us all.
If you think that a bunch off foreigners is the problem then open your eyes because it is not .
There is not much time as the final cap is in place for there new dawn and a new day!
New religion will be forced on us and if we don't follow we will be sent too the feema camps .
There are 13 family's that inslave the world it is about time we the stupid humans woke up!
oh dear, nutters have invaded Leicester as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leicestershire County, England Discussions

Search the Leicestershire County, England Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Richard III revamp at Bosworth Battlefield whil... Apr 6 Charlie Goodbadger 1
Deadliest Psychiatric Disorder: Anorexia (Jul '11) Jan '14 Marsiella 6
West Country beef and lamb joins ranks of UK's ... Jan '14 Pascal Caillette 2
Writer tourism: What makes it work? Jan '14 Pascal Caillette 1
Mental health nurses to help police Jan '14 Pascal Caillette 1
Crap Towns is nothing but an exercise in laughi... (Oct '13) Dec '13 About Stockton on Tees 3
Supermarket chain Aldi unveils plans to open st... Dec '13 Luke 3
•••
•••
•••
•••