Ex-Met Office chief blames greenhouse gases for floods

Jan 15, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: IcWales

EXTREME weather events in Brazil and Australia, which have killed hundreds of people, point towards a global warming trend, a Welsh climate change expert said last night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
bronck burger

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

here WE GO AGAIN MORE EXPERTS. ONE MORE BIG GOOF

Since: Nov 10

Monte Vista, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

This same Welsh "expert" is probably over in the dead bird thread blaming it on UFO's and the rapture.
Fun Facts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

I think it was Earthling that first posted this

http://www.bom.gov.au/hydro/flood/qld/fld_his...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
I posted something similar, but this one has much more detail.
Good find!

It proves just how easy it is to forget to check history before jumping to unfounded conclusions.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Fun Facts wrote:
From that list, it would appear there was more flooding in the 19th century than there has been in recent times.
Maybe AGW came early to that part of the world.-ֿ
Adelaidean

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Adelaidean wrote:
http://content.usatoday.com/co mmunities/sciencefair/post/201 0/06/scientists-overwhelmingly -believe-in-man-made-climate-c hange/1
must be embarrassing to be on the side of the 3% of goofs who cant get their head out their arse
HANDLEJACKER, will you please show some originality and use another name. I do not want you misrepresenting my views.

SYSTEM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Judged:

ID THEFT Adelaidean wrote:
http://content.usatoday.com/co mmunities/sciencefair/post/201 0/06/scientists-overwhelmingly -believe-in-man-made-climate-c hange/1
must be embarrassing to be on the side of the 3% of goofs who cant get their head out their arse
Troll record. Action pending.[T.R.A.P.]
Fun Facts

Cedar Crest, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Judged:

Adelaidean wrote:
I don't care what the scientists 'believe', belief is for Sunday morning, I care about what they know.

Show me the science that provides evidence that man's CO2 emissions from the burning of fossil fuels can change the climate.

If there was science to support man made global warming, consensus would not be needed.

Monte Vista, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what the scientists 'believe', belief is for Sunday morning, I care about what they know.
Show me the science that provides evidence that man's CO2 emissions from the burning of fossil fuels can change the climate.
If there was science to support man made global warming, consensus would not be needed.
Less than 1% of "greenhouse gas emissions" are man-made. 99% of "greenhouse gas emissions" occur naturally, CO2 released into the atmosphere by the planet's oceans.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

windypoint wrote:
Less than 1% of "greenhouse gas emissions" are man-made. 99% of "greenhouse gas emissions" occur naturally, CO2 released into the atmosphere by the planet's oceans.
Human GHG emissions are a lot less than 1% of the total amount, but alarmist scientists keep telling us that we're upsetting the, "natural balance" and that modern man is behaving like an extra terrestrial invader, which may or may not be true.
If there's any way for the ever increasing, ever evolving human population to decrease its emissions and get them back to 1900 levels, it hasn't been discovered yet.
The magic fix has yet to be found.

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

It's not us to blame,it's all those farting animals

Monte Vista, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Neville Thompson wrote:
It's not us to blame,it's all those farting animals
There was a group of environmental academics in Alberta, Canada, who led a campaign against cows (the province is the major beef cattle center in Canada). They claimed the cows farted almost constantly and that all that gas was destroying the atmosphere. An independant study proved it wasn't the cows who were full of toxic gas, rather it was academic doomsdayers.

Since: Mar 09

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

the only thing the welsh are expert on are leeks!

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

windypoint wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a group of environmental academics in Alberta, Canada, who led a campaign against cows (the province is the major beef cattle center in Canada). They claimed the cows farted almost constantly and that all that gas was destroying the atmosphere. An independant study proved it wasn't the cows who were full of toxic gas, rather it was academic doomsdayers.
I just recieved a message, that the reason there are birds falling out of the sky is because of methane clouds floating around the planet,which could be caused by eathquakes and volcano's emmitting the stuff so I ask you ,is is possible for methane to have anything to do with climate ?
I am also wondering how a jet engine works in methane,as in would they lose altitude ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gwynedd County, Wales Discussions

Search the Gwynedd County, Wales Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
April Jones' mum hits out at vile trolls who ha... Mar '14 betsy roessner 1
Cut fares for Welsh rail passengers affected by... Feb '14 works 1
Avalanche on Snowdon leaves man buried in four ... Feb '14 Warren 1
Past to the future: Barmouth (Jul '10) Jan '14 Sheila Shanley 2
Broadband roll-out brings superfast access to 1... (Jan '14) Jan '14 coal 1
Britain faces new storm battering (Jan '14) Jan '14 Pascal Caillette 1
North Wales abattoir reopens 27 years after Che... (Nov '13) Nov '13 do the King Tut Strut 2
•••
•••