Dawn raids lead to seven arrests

Oct 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Haringey Independent

Police raided properties across north London this morning as part of an operation to tackle the supply of class A drugs in Haringey.

Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming that decriminalisation of drugs possession would somehow increase the supply of drugs on the street.
What we need is proper deterrants to the dealers.
E.g using the law we already have. People dealing class B drugs can get 14 years, those dealing class A can get life. Has anyone in the UK EVER been given the maximum sentence?
Also, consecutive sentencing could be used. I'd imagine most drug dealers commit their crime hundreds of times before being caught. A 1400 year sentence would undoubtedly hamper their attempts to keep dealing.
Couldn't agree more, however the cutbacks in funding for the prison service, the human rights lawyers and leftie doo-gooders are hindering the sentences handed down to these criminal low life.

“Headbanger”

Since: May 12

London, England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

well it depends what you mean by drug dealers. most of the time the law arrests street dealers - many of whom are addicts themselves. life imprisonment for these, i reckon is unduly harsh, what they need is treatment. if you're going to increase the severity of sentencing then more needs to be done in targeting the source - the big, often untouchable, 'business men'

“I'll give you Oogie Boogie”

Since: Oct 12

Halloween Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Kriss10 wrote:
well it depends what you mean by drug dealers. most of the time the law arrests street dealers - many of whom are addicts themselves. life imprisonment for these, i reckon is unduly harsh, what they need is treatment. if you're going to increase the severity of sentencing then more needs to be done in targeting the source - the big, often untouchable,'business men'
By 'drug dealers', I usually mean people who sell drugs, regardless of where they are in the chain of supply.

I agree that the supposedly 'untouchable' businessmen at the top of the supply chain should be treated the most harshly, but I'm not in favour of leniency on those further down.
Raag Head

Calne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>
By 'drug dealers', I usually mean people who sell drugs, regardless of where they are in the chain of supply.
I agree that the supposedly 'untouchable' businessmen at the top of the supply chain should be treated the most harshly, but I'm not in favour of leniency on those further down.
Yiddo
Raag Head

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>By 'drug dealers', I usually mean people who sell drugs, regardless of where they are in the chain of supply.

Yiddo

I want to lick your testicles and perform fellatio upon your circumcised penis.
BNP Blondie

Calne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Raag Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Yiddo
How about I go first.
BNP Blondie

Calne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Raag Head wrote:
<quoted text> Yiddo
On you
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Raag Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Yiddo
I thought opposites attracted?

You may have to give up religious bigotry.
jerry

Lytham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Kriss10 wrote:
if class A's were decriminalised there would be no need for gangs with guns. police manpower could be spent elsewhere.
yes if you lived in cuckoo land

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Having lived next to, or very close to drug houses in my time I think all drug abusers should be put on an island somewhere and airdropped their drugs. It would save a lot of heartbreak to those good, hard working families that suffer burglary or ASB etc.
BNP Blondie

Calne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

supersonic boom wrote:
Having lived next to, or very close to drug houses in my time I think all drug abusers should be put on an island somewhere and airdropped their drugs. It would save a lot of heartbreak to those good, hard working families that suffer burglary or ASB etc.
NOt a bad idea.
Free the weed

Gloucester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Crackheads everywhere. Scum
gibbs

Bury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Kriss10 wrote:
if class A's were decriminalised there would be no need for gangs with guns. police manpower could be spent elsewhere.
i agree,we should let the nations losers kill themselves off,think of all the money we would save.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

BNP Blondie wrote:
<quoted text>NOt a bad idea.
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••