Hacker Gary McKinnon wins fight to st...

Hacker Gary McKinnon wins fight to stay in Britain

There are 11 comments on the Independent.ie story from Oct 16, 2012, titled Hacker Gary McKinnon wins fight to stay in Britain. In it, Independent.ie reports that:

COMPUTER hacker Gary McKinnon wins fight to stay in Britain in first case of British government refusing to extradite someone to the US The shock decision will be hailed as a significant milestone for those who have campaigned against the perceived one-sided nature of Britain 's extradition agreement with the United States It is the first time the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Independent.ie.

gangadin

London, UK

#2 Oct 17, 2012
Himmler wrote:
We'd have been better off getting rid of this retard.
Still, at least the conservatives aren't the arse licking fags that Labour were when in power.
tru dat
CSMD

London, UK

#3 Oct 17, 2012
He commited the alleged offence from his bedroom in England, why should he have been extradited?

If he had have carried out the hacking from a New York hotel room then flew home to England then fair enough extradite him but he didnt.
Nobama

UK

#4 Oct 17, 2012
time we stopped obeying Obama's orders. Blair isn't in charge any more either.

“I'll give you Oogie Boogie”

Since: Oct 12

Halloween Town

#5 Oct 17, 2012
He's aspergic, not retarded, and seeking evidence of UFOs hardly puts him into the same category as the bunch of evil bastards we've just extradited.

Supporters of Islamic terrorists are now crying that Talha Ahsan also has Asperger's Syndrome and are calling Theresa May racist, but they know full well that the cases could not be more different.
dooby

London, UK

#6 Oct 17, 2012
CSMD wrote:
He commited the alleged offence from his bedroom in England, why should he have been extradited?
If he had have carried out the hacking from a New York hotel room then flew home to England then fair enough extradite him but he didnt.
So if I phoned your mum/wife/daughter/sister and said "I'm phoning to say I'm gonna rape than murder you and all your family", I am innocent because I phoned from my home?
dooby

London, UK

#7 Oct 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
time we stopped obeying Obama's orders. Blair isn't in charge any more either.
Bumlicker Blair would have sent him over on the first flight and then gone over himself to massage Obaba's balls.
CSMD

London, UK

#8 Oct 17, 2012
dooby wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I phoned your mum/wife/daughter/sister and said "I'm phoning to say I'm gonna rape than murder you and all your family", I am innocent because I phoned from my home?
Ehhh no, read my post again and see if you can work it out!

“I'll give you Oogie Boogie”

Since: Oct 12

Halloween Town

#9 Oct 17, 2012
dooby wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I phoned your mum/wife/daughter/sister and said "I'm phoning to say I'm gonna rape than murder you and all your family", I am innocent because I phoned from my home?
You'd be guilty of a section 5 public order offence, I would have thought. Using threatening words designed to cause alarm or distress.
scoty

UK

#10 Oct 17, 2012
It was blair who made this fcuking law to extradite any brit to usa. Funny though no American can be extradited anywhere not even to Uk. Flush this law down the toilet now that we have used to it to rid ourselves of abu hamza and his goons.
dooby

London, UK

#11 Oct 17, 2012
Jack_Skellington wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be guilty of a section 5 public order offence, I would have thought. Using threatening words designed to cause alarm or distress.
More detail than I expected but I didn't know it was a public order offence and my ignorance cannot be a defence. This was a US military web portal. There would have been plenty of warnings about the illegality of unauthorized access.

“I'll give you Oogie Boogie”

Since: Oct 12

Halloween Town

#12 Oct 17, 2012
dooby wrote:
<quoted text>
More detail than I expected but I didn't know it was a public order offence and my ignorance cannot be a defence. This was a US military web portal. There would have been plenty of warnings about the illegality of unauthorized access.
The most he deserved was a fine or a community sentence, here in the UK.

The US military get more serious hackers every day from countries like Iran and Russia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Essex County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boris Johnson apologises after giving wife 'bac... Jul 31 young boris 4
News Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) Jul 28 Not a Pole 5,546
Free Paul Groves (Sep '12) Jul 27 Johnny 443
News Story about an imminent 'mini-ice age' may be t... Jul 25 SpaceBlues 3
News Limerick developer snaps up A 1bn in London pro... Jul 23 Leper corn 1
News London welcomes Israeli (foodie) invasion Jul 23 Dinie 4
News Wanda Jean Davenport Jul 22 Heavy Fed 1
More from around the web