Hindu wins right to traditional cremation

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: Telegraph.co.uk 56

A Hindu spiritual healer has won the right to be cremated on a traditional funeral pyre, paving the way for thousands of fellow Hindus to follow suit.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Baabs

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Feb 10, 2010
Here, Here! One more obstacle removed and allowing Hindus the freedom to some valued religious practices.
Baabs

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Feb 10, 2010
Sorry Hear, hear.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#3 Feb 10, 2010
As an Indian born hindu Athiest who had settled in Germany I beg all the non-resident indians to think deeply before you set fire.

"Mr Ghai said:“I am very happy. I have always said that I came here to clarity the law. "

Indian system is shaped by the british system.
This guy need not waste his time and energy in England to die there and to teach English to English people.

I hope those indians in UK make a difference between Thames river and Ganges river where the dead bodies ashes are submerged.

Cologne- Germany

#4 Feb 10, 2010
There is another thread down below here in this world news forum with the titile
"Pope gunman wants to 'correct' Bible

Cologne- Germany

#5 Feb 10, 2010
Let me üput my views about this subject.

In the aforesaid link i picked up this which i wish to quote again.
"Mr Ghai said:“I am very happy. I have always said that I came here to clarity the law. "

There was one guy whose name is netaji subbash chandra Bose who was a contmporary of Mahathma Gandhi and his pious preaching in a big audience in a far off country is this.

"One who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool . So shun him
One who knows not and knows that he knows not is a fool . Teach him.
One who knows and knows not that he knows is sleeping.
So wake him.
One who knows and knows that he knows is a perfect person.
So follow him.

Let me beg your pardon that I am an Athiest but born in highly intellectual hindu family happily married.
Dancing Dinah

Maryland, Nigeria

#6 Feb 10, 2010
Ramafuchs wrote:
There is another thread down below here in this world news forum with the titile
"Pope gunman wants to 'correct' Bible
It certainly is a fanastical world - the one people think they inhabit
hindutva

Indore, India

#7 Feb 11, 2010
The Indian religions, such as Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism and Buddhism, mandate open-air cremation. In these religions, the body is seen as an instrument to carry the soul. As an example, the Bhagavad Gita. According to Hindu philosophy the human body is a combination of five basic natural elements (Sanskrit — tattva), namely agni (fire), jala (water), vayu (air), prithvi (earth) and akasha (space/aether). When one dies, fire (agni tattva) ceases, and that living form is sent to its original state of creation. Fire (in the form of cremation) is used to complete the fifth element.
deep knowledge of human mentality and body through scriptural
fundamental right of any human.
all Hindus regard an open-air cremation as the most auspicious way to release the soul from the body. Hindus believe that for the soul to be reincarnated properly, it must be completely detached from the body and the material world.

remember always this is only a auspicious way to release the soul from the body.
this part of hindunism defined the diversity and accept the changes of nature.
this is what i like most in hindulnism.

“the truth will set you free.”

Since: Feb 10

London

#8 Feb 11, 2010
you know id rather be cremated the usual way so no bits are left. to me, the body is an empty shell after death. And i think it is more enviromentaly friendly to be cremated in a funeral home then on a pyre.

still, each to their own.

Cologne- Germany

#9 Feb 11, 2010
I am spell bound in topix forum.
I have other problem.
I am ignorant like most of the humans around the globe.
hindutva

Mumbai, India

#10 Feb 12, 2010
understand the human mentality is not like magic.
our hindus ancestor done its regularly to create a hygenic,powerful and tension free mind inside the body.
Krypteia

Beckenham, UK

#11 Feb 12, 2010
Brilliant idea have a few burgers,sausages,chicken at the same time cuts down costs on a wake..
peace

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Feb 12, 2010
Pavakah (fire) the final purifier.... it will purify the body and burn all this collection of dust and matter back to dust. I think more important is the purification of your Karma. This will save your soul from the fire of hell which is 1000times more ugly than this fire. It will purify your soul then. So look well to you life and your karma - so I think you need not to worry. It will bless you right here and hereafter. Then don't matter, what they do with this body, coz the soul is free now.....
deanoff

Gloucester, UK

#13 Feb 12, 2010
I'm glad that we don't have many Hindus were I live.

I don't fancy having smoke from burning corpses wafting over the houses and countryside.
Krypteia

Beckenham, UK

#14 Feb 12, 2010
deanoff wrote:
I don't fancy having smoke from burning corpses wafting over the houses and countryside.
You must have had a few cow pyres in your neck of the woods so one Hindu one shouldn't be that bad,they should do it on Guy Fawkes night..

Cologne- Germany

#15 Feb 12, 2010
Casting aspersions is not my way of repudiating the faulty nobility.
I know Silver-tongue srinivasa Sasthri is more proficient in English than Thomas babibgton or our fully claided W Churchill..
As a person who had endured all the intellectual life I oppose those hindus in UK not to overestimate your banal past

“the truth will set you free.”

Since: Feb 10

London

#16 Feb 12, 2010
deanoff wrote:
obviously they will be done in non residential areas
deanoff

Gloucester, UK

#17 Feb 12, 2010
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>You must have had a few cow pyres in your neck of the woods so one Hindu one shouldn't be that bad,they should do it on Guy Fawkes night..
the cow pyres were bad, a lung full of that smoke could make you throw up, but maybe it want be so bad with the smoke having a hind of curry smell to it.
Krypteia

Beckenham, UK

#19 Feb 12, 2010
deanoff wrote:
<quoted text>the cow pyres were bad, a lung full of that smoke could make you throw up, but maybe it want be so bad with the smoke having a hind of curry smell to it.
lol..once you,ve had a beer and smell that you know where your be heading...
Faith

Aldrich, MO

#20 Feb 12, 2010
peace wrote:
Pavakah (fire) the final purifier.... it will purify the body and burn all this collection of dust and matter back to dust. I think more important is the purification of your Karma. This will save your soul from the fire of hell which is 1000times more ugly than this fire. It will purify your soul then. So look well to you life and your karma - so I think you need not to worry. It will bless you right here and hereafter. Then don't matter, what they do with this body, coz the soul is free now.....
Only Christ Jesus can save the soul from the fires of hell, not man made religions or vain philosophies! And the only purifier is faith in the finished work of Christ Jesus upon the Cross through the shedding of His Blood alone.
Mr Giblets

Haverfordwest, UK

#21 Feb 12, 2010
human target wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously they will be done in non residential areas
why is it obvious? and I hope they don't throw the leftover bits in the Thames, as they have made the Ganges an open sewer, with bits of corpses and dead sheep, etc. I suppose Ealing Common or Southall Park are "non-residential". What's wrong with a crematorium?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durham County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jordan Winn was sentenced at Durham Crown Court Nov 27 furqan 1
Train builder Hitachi secures Scottish deal Oct '14 Clark 1
a Woman who doesn't drink alcohol marked her 10... Oct '14 Penisexposingboy 2
Rabbit's torturers spared prison Oct '14 supersonic boom 2
Weed locations availability in Durham and Newca... (Aug '10) Sep '14 kai 9
Wallsend woman suffers from Trypophobia, the fe... Jul '14 Rachael 2
Gary Mawson charged with murder of Bryan Knox i... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Anonymous 3
More from around the web