Church in Wales votes for women bishops

Church in Wales votes for women bishops

There are 135 comments on the Ekklesia Daily News story from Sep 12, 2013, titled Church in Wales votes for women bishops. In it, Ekklesia Daily News reports that:

Members of the Church in Wales' 144-strong governing body voted through the proposals at a meeting in Lampeter today .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ekklesia Daily News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Thinking

UK

#1 Sep 13, 2013
There's lovely, isn't it?
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#2 Sep 19, 2013
Nope..

Christian doctrine is not about the majority voting for it

Its about remaining in the teachings of Jesus

They are going off on tangent in their own thinking, making it up as they go along

removing the boundaries lines...

little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#3 Sep 19, 2013
Suspect ...the church in question, has forgotten who is its head...

Christianity isn't a democracy..its a about Gods divine right to be ruler,
Thinking

UK

#4 Sep 20, 2013
Why do you think your god made women unworthy of taking such office?

And then prove it.
little lamb wrote:
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#5 Sep 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why do you think your god made women unworthy of taking such office?
And then prove it.
<quoted text>
Got nothing to do with them being unworthy...some women are more capable and far more intelligent, then some men even.

Got to do with submission to the will of God...and the discipline that was placed on them because of Eve being thoroughly deceived by the Devils lie.

Also Paul tells us Adam was created first, and Eve was created for him...Adam was not created for the woman,,,that is the order and role of men and women in relation to each other..The man is the head of the woman..

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#6 Sep 20, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Got nothing to do with them being unworthy...some women are more capable and far more intelligent, then some men even.
Got to do with submission to the will of God...and the discipline that was placed on them because of Eve being thoroughly deceived by the Devils lie.
Also Paul tells us Adam was created first, and Eve was created for him...Adam was not created for the woman,,,that is the order and role of men and women in relation to each other..The man is the head of the woman..
So you're a door mat?

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#7 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Nope..
They are going off on tangent in their own thinking, making it up as they go along
why? God taught the male disciples, but Mary seemed to grasp the meaning of Christ from the get go. Why are women to be left out of teaching Christ's message? Because of Jewish laws?
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#8 Sep 21, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
why? God taught the male disciples, but Mary seemed to grasp the meaning of Christ from the get go. Why are women to be left out of teaching Christ's message? Because of Jewish laws?
Nope..because God is a god of order not disorder

And 1 Corinthians 11 [3] tells us " ..The head of every woman is the man, and the head of every man is Christ..and in turn the head of Christ is God.'

Even Christ has a head..his Father , and he submitted his will to the Father to death..so a woman submitting herself [ the man can't demand ] is an act of love toward her God.

1 Timothy 2 [12]" I do not permit a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man'

But a lot of women don't love God and won't submit themselves ...no one is going to force them...its an act of will.
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#9 Sep 21, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a door mat?
So are you suggesting that men don't know how to treat a woman properly???

Lack of gentle-manliness.
TheCapedCrusader

Montréal, Canada

#10 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
The man is the head of the woman..
"Put another log on the fire.
Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
And go out to the car and change the tyre.
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe,
And then go fetch my slippers.
And boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire, babe,
And come and tell me why you're leaving me.

Now don't I let you wash the car on Sunday?
Don't I warn you when you're gettin fat?
Ain't I a-gonna take you fishin' with me someday?
Well, a man can't love a woman more than that.
Ain't I always nice to your kid sister?
Don't I take her driving every night?
So, sit here at my feet 'cos I like you when you're sweet,
And you know it ain't feminine to fight."

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/outlaws-th...

Anderson, IN

#11 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope..because God is a god of order not disorder
And 1 Corinthians 11 [3] tells us " ..The head of every woman is the man, and the head of every man is Christ..and in turn the head of Christ is God.'
Even Christ has a head..his Father , and he submitted his will to the Father to death..so a woman submitting herself [ the man can't demand ] is an act of love toward her God.
1 Timothy 2 [12]" I do not permit a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man'
But a lot of women don't love God and won't submit themselves ...no one is going to force them...its an act of will.
That's Paul...that's not Christ.

Anything else?

Anderson, IN

#12 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Which is why we don't have a theocracy, BUT a democracy. Sell your Taliban beliefs elsewhere. There are too many religions on this nation and too many people who don't believe in the Christian Reconstructionist/Dominionism cult to ever allow it to overrule our laws.

Practice your religion, no problem. Think it belongs in my secular government, BIG problem.

Anderson, IN

#13 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
..The man is the head of the woman..
I'll prove you wrong. God made man and then slapped his head. THEN he created woman and was quite pleased.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#14 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Paul can go suck eggs! Who cares what Paul said about men and woman, he was a 1st century male Jew in a land of extreme misogyny and general stupidity. So his opinion is meaningless in 2013! Let alone 1875, or 1975...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#15 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Nope..
They're voting on their organizational structure you moron!

Where does Jesus comment on how a Church hierarchy should be structured?

Youre a woman, right? How is it that a woman in 2013 is still living by the leave of men and their misguided ancient misogyny?
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#16 Sep 21, 2013
TheCapedCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Put another log on the fire.
Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
And go out to the car and change the tyre.
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe,
And then go fetch my slippers.
And boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire, babe,
And come and tell me why you're leaving me.
Now don't I let you wash the car on Sunday?
Don't I warn you when you're gettin fat?
Ain't I a-gonna take you fishin' with me someday?
Well, a man can't love a woman more than that.
Ain't I always nice to your kid sister?
Don't I take her driving every night?
So, sit here at my feet 'cos I like you when you're sweet,
And you know it ain't feminine to fight."
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/outlaws-th...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oOCC1EKXRBcXX
Sounds like the fellow needs some guidance from the Lord..Can't see any woman problem here...just see a man problem in not knowing how to love his woman.
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#17 Sep 21, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why we don't have a theocracy, BUT a democracy. Sell your Taliban beliefs elsewhere. There are too many religions on this nation and too many people who don't believe in the Christian Reconstructionist/Dominionism cult to ever allow it to overrule our laws.
Practice your religion, no problem. Think it belongs in my secular government, BIG problem.
1 Corinthians 11 [3] Head of every woman is the man, head of every man is Jesus, head of Jesus is God.

What I would bring to your consideration is the fact it says

' the head of EVERY MAN is CHRIST..that includes smarties who consider themselves 'secular' and we just let CHRIST deal with those who slight his authority..

we don't have to do anything but resist unjust Laws

just as well you are not God and we resist dictators who set their own rules by what they 'think'
little lamb

Collingwood, Australia

#18 Sep 21, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>They're voting on their organizational structure you moron!
Where does Jesus comment on how a Church hierarchy should be structured?
Youre a woman, right? How is it that a woman in 2013 is still living by the leave of men and their misguided ancient misogyny?
Sorry but Jesus and the Apostles are the foundation we are built on..these poor sods can not set any other foundation then what has been laid.

And even the smallest of us..can check if they are building on the correct foundation...and this mob ain't.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#19 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the fellow needs some guidance from the Lord..Can't see any woman problem here...just see a man problem in not knowing how to love his woman.
Paul was gay. Get a clue!

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Women should submit to MEN????
That is so obviously mens' thinking!
God is worthy of submission to His will. MEN ARE NOT.
Christ said HE was the way, the truth, and the life. He did NOT say men were!

You need to learn to discern the difference between what is true about God in Scripture, and what men thought, and therefore said, was true about God in Scripture.
Here are two things to remember that help to discern the difference,....
1. Everything true about God is true about Love.
2. Everything true about God makes perfect sense.

And it makes NO sense whatsoever to think it's God's Will that women subject themselves to men, instead of Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denbighshire County, Wales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road Closed As Smoke From Fire Affects A5 By Chirk Dec '15 also 1
News Lonely hearts at Welsh council making thousands... (Sep '14) Nov '15 Minh9669 2
News Library services under threat (Jan '15) Jan '15 Baz 1
News Jennifer Mills-Westley was beheaded in Tenerife... (Nov '14) Nov '14 sunky10 1
News Denbighshire set to ban takeaways outside schoo... (Oct '14) Oct '14 taffboy 1
News Rhos on Sea businessman Steven Dickens accused ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Private 1
News Secret Millionaire and water park boss tells of... (Mar '14) Mar '14 same staff attitude 1
More from around the web