Man accused of murdering 11-month-old son in Bodmin home

Jun 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cornish Guardian

Shane Hawkins, 25, stood trial at Truro Crown Court today, accused of the murder his 11-month old son Kaydon at his Bodmin home in December 2010.

Comments
1 - 20 of 173 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2014
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
annomus

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Lies,lies,lies. Anna did something to him cuz why else would she put him straight into his cot, after her and kaydon being out all morning with her and her mum. and then closing the bedroom door and walking out for work straight after. LIES. also Anna left kaydon down stairs on his own in my house whilst she went back to bed. I went down stairs got kaydon and put him in bed with me and my mate. great mum there.
Anonymous

Margate, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

What I don't understand is if Anna and her family were so concerned with Shane's so called child abuse why did she go on to have another two babies with shane to still be in love with him and completely adamant that shane did not mean to harm Kaydon which seeing as I have known shane since I was 8 years old I also know that he couldn't harm a child, he doesn't have it in him especially seeing what he's like with his other two kids and my two kids which won't leave shane alone when they see him because they want him to play! So when shane ended his relationship with Anna for no other reason than she is a phsyco who chased shane out of his house with a metal bar after hitting him around the head with it why did Anna and all of her family suddenly change their statements from shane being a good and responsible parent who could do no wrong to branding him "a murderer" it has crossed my mind and many people I speak to that Anna is infact the one who shook Kaydon because like I said before she is infact a phsyco with munchousens by proxy! One other question to think upon is the fact that their other two boys are currently in care! Now I can understand that while shane is under investigation he cannot be in charge of the kids but why isn't Anna? Why isn't she allowed her children? She is not with shane anymore so surely there should be no risk to these kids but for some reason or another she isn't allowed to have them back so my understanding of that is she is a risk to the lives of her children! Go figure?!
Anonymous

Thrapston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

This is all wrong. I've known Shane all my life and he would never hurt a hair on a child's head. He was brilliant with Kaydon and every other child he has been around. Even social can say that about how he acts with his other two sons. Anna on the other hand done sent seem to bother. There little boy Levi broke his leg and she didn't take any notice or ask questions about what has happened to her boy. She is a vile bad tempered pothetic little girl who looses her temper very quickly. I should know I have had numerous threats of miss Libby and I know she has also been violent towards Shane as she hit him round the head with a metal pole. To anyone who's says this is not true it is, I was there. To anyone who knows Shane will know how much of a kind sweet man he is and how his boys adore him, just like Kaydon did. All the haters can do one, you have no place to be slagging Shane of you obviously don't know him or anything about the situation if you are on Anna's side.
(Don't worry Shane you know who your friends and family are, we will all stick by you, you are so strong for getting though all of this and still holding it together, prove you are innocent Shane I no you can do it).
justice

Harefield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

These kinda people make me sick hopefully he gets locked up.People like this need hanging clearly hes guilty and that smerk needs wiping of his face throw him my way id take great pleasure in doing it. People post comments on the mothers family changing statements yet shane has 6 different versions on what had happened anyone can clearly see he is guilty I just hope the jury see there sences. You people make me sick.
The Corrector

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

justice wrote:
These kinda people make me sick hopefully he gets locked up.People like this need hanging clearly hes guilty and that smerk needs wiping of his face throw him my way id take great pleasure in doing it. People post comments on the mothers family changing statements yet shane has 6 different versions on what had happened anyone can clearly see he is guilty I just hope the jury see there sences. You people make me sick.
Proper is "needs to be hung" – not "needs hanging"
It is "he's" (missing apostrophe)
It's spelled "smirk" (with an i not an e)
And the smirk needs "to be wiped from" not "needs wiping of"
Another missing apostrophe: I'd take great pleasure
And yet another missing apostrophe in "the mother's family"
Failure to capitalize the name Shane

And I can only guess at what you meant by "see there sences". Perhaps you were going for "come to their senses" but I'm not sure.

I won't even attempt to address all the grammatical errors in addition to these obvious syntactical faux pas.
anonymous

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

How dare you say that. you know shit. shane is a loving carving person, good with his boys and good with his nephew, who i might add adours him very much. and as for him changing his version 6 time, i think you will find they have twisted that. Anna changed her statement 4 times. her and her mum LIED and is being looked into, saying there son was fine that morning, when actually he was throwing up in the car as he hadn't been well for 2 weeks.Anna or her mum lost there temper with the baby shook him and put him in his cot and walked out to go to work. wait till i get my evidence down there, Anna is nothing but a drugged up slapper.
So until you actually know shit and not what the paper publish to get readers/money then i suggest you shut the fuck up, before i hang you!!
justice

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Kerry you are full of lies ive known you and your brother all t he time youve grown up. so im not listening to any papers the facts are there. Whos the one up for murder. He wouldnt have been charged if there wasnt any evidenc.
annomynous

Margate, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

^^^ he hasnt been charged and if there is any justice he wont be charged
justice

Harefield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Think you will find he has been charged he's in crown Court on trail he was charged 2nd may 2012 for MURDER . He wouldn't be in court if he wasn't charged think you guys need to face facts stop trying to pass the blame on to others evidence is there.only a matter of time and hopefully he will be locked up.
SueThompson

Harefield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

I totally agre with Justice "LOCK HIM AWAY"
justice

Harefield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

I do hope so
justice

Harefield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Ps I have some stories about Shane which would so a good example of what he is really like.
justice

Harefield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Let me correct that show not so before I get corrected
anonymouse

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Who's kerry? I'm guessing his sister. Love you don't know me.:)
Ow wait till Monday :-D
anonymouse

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Also its says ACCUSED of the muder NOT CHARGED with the muder.
Also if it was murder why would they let him out on bail for 3 years if he was a harm to people and did muder?? Answer that stupid!!!
anonymous

Margate, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

if he was charged with murder in 2012 WHY would they allow him to wall tj streets for a year?! answer that. don't comment if you don't know the facts
anonymous

Margate, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

he has been accused of murder not charged so get it right and I can tell you now shane did not murder that boy he loved him to pieces and is amazing with kids.
Irish2

Maynooth, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Rest in peace poor angel.
I hope the truth comes out,If guilty away he goes forever.But in long run hope who ever it was rots in prison.
justice

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous face facts shanes getting locked up is as guilty as they come.
justice

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Charge in Baby Boy Death Case, Bodmin

By BudePeeps | Thursday, May 03, 2012, 08:08     Back in December, 2010, a ten-month-old baby boy was admitted to the Royal Cornwall Hospital with serious injuries.The baby, from the Bodmin area, was transferred to Bristol Children's Hospital for further treatment.The baby unfortunately died. Police made an arrest of a 22 year old Bodmin man at the time.Today, it is reported that Shane Hawkins, aged 24 years, has today been charged with the murder of a 10 month old baby in December 2010. He remains in custody to appear before Bodmin Magistrates tomorrow morning. Devon and Cornwall Police have been investigating this case since 2010  

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cornwall and Isles of Scilly County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is New? May '14 Yeshi Gemaneh 1
Wing walker's emotional tribute to Stephen Sutton May '14 Richard Smith 1
NEWLast minute holiday deals: Scilly Isles, Mon... Apr '14 Justine Unsigned in 1
'Breach of Trust': Jacqueline Crane, from St Au... Mar '14 Rambo 1
Trust hit by severe coastal damage (Feb '14) Feb '14 other views 1
CGGayle published Developers behind rejected Co... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Lynn Allen 1
Name and Shame (Apr '13) Feb '14 shone 10

Search the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly County, England Forum:
•••