Union has 'never been stronger' as flags protests abate

Feb 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Irish Republican News

The British Direct Ruler Theresa Villiers has said loyalist flags protestors are wrong to believe that Britishness in the north of Ireland is being "eroded" and condemned them for "dishonouring our flag". In a deliberately contentious speech at Queen's University, Theresa Villiers claimed that "Northern Ireland's place in the UK is probably ... (more)

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Feb 3, 2013
humberman99

Braintree, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

was there ever a court hearing in the mainland where a pivotal witness was allowed not to give evidence?

answer is no, so therefore that renders the subject title a nonsense.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

humberman99 wrote:
was there ever a court hearing in the mainland where a pivotal witness was allowed not to give evidence?
answer is no, so therefore that renders the subject title a nonsense.
Union Flag, 250 protestors yesterday Belfast...
In recent weeks, because of the cold, but not even, artic weather conditions numerous protestors have dumped the flag protest, in case they receive a cold...
Come the summer, as tensions rise because of the marching season, and the ongoing flag protest and the warm weather hopefully comes back, thousands of protestors will return to the streets...LOL,LOL.

Common remark from loyal Protestants..
"we will do anything, for our flag pal"

"Except that is go to a flag protest, whenever it is cold, as we would rather be under our union flag duvet covers, with a hot water feckin bottle"

If I was a British person in England etc, I would not need to depend on these people whenever the going was to get tough!!!

EMBARASSING!!! LOL.
ulster

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>Union Flag, 250 protestors yesterday Belfast...
In recent weeks, because of the cold, but not even, artic weather conditions numerous protestors have dumped the flag protest, in case they receive a cold...
Come the summer, as tensions rise because of the marching season, and the ongoing flag protest and the warm weather hopefully comes back, thousands of protestors will return to the streets...LOL,LOL.
Common remark from loyal Protestants..
"we will do anything, for our flag pal"
"Except that is go to a flag protest, whenever it is cold, as we would rather be under our union flag duvet covers, with a hot water feckin bottle"
If I was a British person in England etc, I would not need to depend on these people whenever the going was to get tough!!!
EMBARASSING!!! LOL.
any republican protests are usually supported by 50-200 max. loyal they wouldnt know the meaning . thousands of loyalists braved artic conditions to protest something republicans can only dream of such support.why did sin fein do the dirty deed in dec. simple cause they were afraid to do it in july.. watp
actually

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I actually live in Belfast. East belfast was a rundown $hithole before all this. Very few jobs, very bad neighbourhood, boarded windows, shopfronts abandoned or had their windows put through.

And now that they've started trashing the place it's a no go zone for businesses and homeowners alike. It's got the cheapest rent/houseprices because noone wants to live in the place.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. They will destroy the area and will then complain its neglected and that other areas are getting more attention/ funding etc.

I've seem them out protesting against the council, democracy, education, government. Essentially everything a civilised society needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••