Economic aid for peace progress 'not blackmail' - Villiers

Apr 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Belfast Today

A Government decision to make the delivery of a new economic aid package to Northern Ireland dependent on progress tackling sectarian divisions is not an attempt to blackmail the region's politicians into action, the Secretary of State has insisted.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2013
humberman99

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

well then, let the Protestants eat grass. they did it before during the Huguenot persecutions and will do it again.
And still here. They will teach the English a thing or too about loyalty. Goes beyond footie and pints.
Andrew

Maidstone, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

I'm so glad the EU is finished.
Mark

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

The EU was a stupid idea to begin with.
puddle

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

humberman99 wrote:
well then, let the Protestants eat grass. they did it before during the Huguenot persecutions and will do it again.
And still here. They will teach the English a thing or too about loyalty. Goes beyond footie and pints.
You should write a ballad about the Huguenots having to eat grass, just like the republicans do. Jez, There could be a Eurovision type contest, who sings the greatest ballads. Thing is the Republicans would vote 100% Irish ballads and Loyalists would vote 100% Huguenot ones. no, we'd need an objective observer to judge, maybe a Polish or an Icelander. Could get hard core though, with the Huguenots singing in French and the Republicans in Irish Gaelic whew!
puddle

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Mark wrote:
The EU was a stupid idea to begin with.
Why? It helped a lot of countries open trade and with infrastructure?
Revo

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

puddle wrote:
<quoted text> Why? It helped a lot of countries open trade and with infrastructure?
Maybe,because its corruption knows no bounds.
Given that the accounts of the EU have not been signed off by the auditors for 15 years running, why do the Government keep giving more and more money to the EU? Surely if the Government are serious about reform of the EU budget, they should say that the EU will not get a penny more from the British Government until it gets its accounts properly audited.
puddle

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Revo wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that the accounts of the EU have not been signed off by the auditors for 15 years running, why do the Government keep giving more and more money to the EU? Surely if the Government are serious about reform of the EU budget, they should say that the EU will not get a penny more from the British Government until it gets its accounts properly audited.
Fair enough, but why hasn't the government done anything? If it thinks it's better off outside the EU, then they have the option to leave. SAy they do..what then..difficult to export to Europe, increased taxes on imports from Europe, business with Europe would be so difficult, UK products would be more difficult to export to Europe. Dislike it or not, this would be the reality of the situation. Seriously, imagine a UK outside of the EU. It would be a tough one
mrsTrocked

Chester-le-street, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

puddle wrote:
<quoted text> Fair enough, but why hasn't the government done anything? If it thinks it's better off outside the EU, then they have the option to leave. SAy they do..what then..difficult to export to Europe, increased taxes on imports from Europe, business with Europe would be so difficult, UK products would be more difficult to export to Europe. Dislike it or not, this would be the reality of the situation. Seriously, imagine a UK outside of the EU. It would be a tough one
difficult to export to Europe?

so China has difficulty exporting to Europe,as its not in the EU ?
puddle

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Totally different story dude, China is a huge producer of goods. UK has nowhere near the capacity of China or Germany for that matter the amount of exports. If the UK is better out of the EU, simply leave, what on earth is preventing you from doing so? You seem to think that the world needs you, why?
puddle

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Revo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, I think that UKIP would love you. I don't understand why England is in the EU. Really, you all dislake it, so why don't you just, as The Stranglers said "Just remember, the day is as long as the moment you keep". Or as the B52's said "Roam if you want to" It's not the EU's fault, it's your's for still being in it.
Pork chop

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Down with the one world government the EU, UN, NATO when troops go to war they should never wear the UN flag you fight and die for your country not the one world govt!
puddle

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

mrsTrocked wrote:
<quoted text>
difficult to export to Europe?
so China has difficulty exporting to Europe,as its not in the EU ?
Totally different story dude, China is a huge producer of goods. UK has nowhere near the capacity of China or Germany for that matter the amount of exports. If the UK is better out of the EU, simply leave, what on earth is preventing you from doing so? You seem to think that the world needs you, why?(apologies, I neglected to press reply, why oh why can't I get somebody to dictate to?)
mrsTrocked

Chester-le-street, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

puddle wrote:
Totally different story dude, China is a huge producer of goods. UK has nowhere near the capacity of China or Germany for that matter the amount of exports. If the UK is better out of the EU, simply leave, what on earth is preventing you from doing so? You seem to think that the world needs you, why?
different?

no it is not.

"You seem to think that the world needs you, why" really? and who has ever said that,or is it something else you have invented
Revo

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

puddle wrote:
All that China produces is sub standard tat !
Francis

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

If there was ever a referendum on leaving the EU, the UK would vote to leave by an absolute landslide that would make Sinn Fein's performance in the General Election of December 1918 look puny.

The EU was a fundamentally flawed idea to begin with, and it is going to fall apart very soon. Throwing even more money at the problem won't solve anything.
Irish2

Maynooth, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Francis wrote:
If there was ever a referendum on leaving the EU, the UK would vote to leave by an absolute landslide that would make Sinn Fein's performance in the General Election of December 1918 look puny.
The EU was a fundamentally flawed idea to begin with, and it is going to fall apart very soon. Throwing even more money at the problem won't solve anything.
I agree,its bailing water only out of sinking ship.
shani89

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I'm so happy i invested my very first $35 on following site so that i'm making continuos $50/hour from internet now.

*** hub16.COM ***
(click on "home" for details)
When people say "Oh you just want to have your&#65279; cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••