Venezuela's Ambassador to Russia Says...

Venezuela's Ambassador to Russia Says His Nation Will Set Oil F...

There are 6 comments on the Mosnews.com story from Jun 21, 2006, titled Venezuela's Ambassador to Russia Says His Nation Will Set Oil F.... In it, Mosnews.com reports that:

Created: 21.06.2006 18:03 MSK , Updated: 18:03 MSK MosNews Venezuela will set fire to its oil deposits in the event of a U.S. military operation, Venezuelan Ambassador to Russia Navarro Alexis Rojas said at a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mosnews.com.

Foresttoday

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2006
What a silly stupid comment to make. There is no military agression even suggested and this idiot is talking about setting their National Treasure on fire? WOW! It was proven in Iraq that it does no good to set oil wells on fire for any reason, they are easily extinguished with a miminal loss of oil.

Now if the wells all blew up and the National Capital disappeared he may have somethingt to talk about.:-)

I really thing President Putin could care less about this comment.
Shurik

Chapel Hill, NC

#2 Jun 21, 2006
Putin just wants to sell weapons. :)
timmy

Kharkov, Ukraine

#3 Jun 22, 2006
don't bet on no military action, in the name of oil, who knows what that crazy SOB, monkey boy will do.
Foresttoday

United States

#4 Jun 29, 2006
I agree with both of your comments, but I still do not see Venezuelan Ambassador to Russia Navarro Alexis Rojas comments as anything but fluff and attention getting. I hope I am right, but could be wrong on all counts.
biomed_guy

Lebanon, IN

#5 Jun 29, 2006
timmy wrote:
don't bet on no military action, in the name of oil, who knows what that crazy SOB, monkey boy will do.
Chavez says Bush supported the coup attempt against him. Could be true since a coup in S. America without US support would be fruitless. Can't say I was against it. Chavez is wacko. I wouldn't buy Citgo gas even if I had to push my car to the next gas station.
Foresttoday

United States

#6 Jun 29, 2006
Yes, remember the 40's and 50's when South America had so many Coups and attempted Coups one could not keep track of who was in control of what country or when. At least most (I think) are sort of stable now except for about 3, with Venezuela being one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shevchenko, Ukraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neighboring Russia Central Asia States "Try to ... (Jun '06) Feb '16 Tm Clm 98
News Diplomatica: New ambassador from the Ukraine wa... (Dec '15) Dec '15 George 2
News Human rights groups team up to oppose Canada se... (Nov '15) Nov '15 no Trudeau do not... 2
News Why "the Ukrainians" Lie- Prof. A. Moytl Says t... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Zeppelin 1
News The Story of Ukraine Through Its Many Monuments (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cassandra_ 1
News Ukraine hits 'dead end' as lasting peace deal e... (Apr '15) Jun '15 Zeppelin 64
News Harper to kick off Europe trip in Ukraine (Jun '15) Jun '15 George 24
More from around the web