Neighboring Russia Central Asia State...

Neighboring Russia Central Asia States "Try to Sell Their Souls...

There are 98 comments on the Mosnews.com story from Jun 23, 2006, titled Neighboring Russia Central Asia States "Try to Sell Their Souls.... In it, Mosnews.com reports that:

Created: 23.06.2006 18:41 MSK , Updated: 18:41 MSK MosNews The United States accused certain Central Asian leaders of trying to "sell their souls" for personal gain on Friday and denied Washington was seeking ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mosnews.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nikolai

San Antonio, TX

#82 Aug 11, 2006
Listen I can find you hundreds of accounts from military personal who has experienced active duty, seen people blown out to shreds, snipers taking out men next to them, e.t.c. So it all depends on sources you are willing to listen to . My point is energy? great! new schools? fantastic? the problem is will there be anyone left to go to those schools or use this energy. Can you comprehand 40,000 dead civilians?
Once again: it doesn't matter how many beautiful buildings you will build if people are afraid to go outside and into those buildings because of bombs and shootings, we have a problem and closing your eyes on people dying and instead saying how wonderful thigs are, that's called denial.
Foresttoday

United States

#83 Aug 11, 2006
Nikolia you are not giving the Iraqi people enough credit for being strong. Look at Bagdade and people driving to work every day, even knowing that some one could be killed that day.

Sure there are people dying, and some even dying worse than others, if that is possible. But it is like the American Revolution, a lot of men died so that you and I could discuss on this thing called Internet. Yes, I do not like to see anyone die, but the alterative would be a disaster. those so called religous leaders, do not know how to rule except by fear. They keep fear working for them by killing people. It will not stop if we pull out at this time, but it will taper down over time. You want to keep putting words in my mouth as if you do not think that I know what is going on. You say you can find hundreds of accounts from military personel that have experienced active duty in Iraq? I cannot find that many that I know, maybe about 12-15 that are serving from our area, my church, my Eagle Scouts in Iraq and Afganistan.

If you do not think the standard of living is improving for the average Iraqi, then I could say the same for you that you are in denial. But that would not be the truth, as I know that you understand the overall picture better than you would like people to believe. I think you are just against the war for whatever reason and that is your right and preography. It does not mean you are right or wrong anymore than the next person with his or her ideas.

Have a nice weekend, enjoy!
Nikolai

San Antonio, TX

#84 Aug 12, 2006
My friend, It's not the Iraqi people that you want me to give the credit to, it's the presence of US army in Iraq. Let's call white - white and black black if we are going to talk about it:)
Being affraid to walk on the street because of bombinfs and shootings is not called an improved standard of living. THink about a gang controlled area in New York or Washington and then compare it with suburban area where you don't have to worry about anyone shooting your child on the playground. That's the difference in standatd of living. So saying: Wow they have electricity now but still have to stay indoors at night because they are affraid of being killed on the street is a bit absurd. It's siple facts that need to be called what they are.

Have a good one;)
Foresttoday

United States

#85 Aug 15, 2006
Hello, you make it sound as if all streets in Iraq are a bomb waiting to happen. According to General Pace that is just not true. It is several areas, that have death Squads looking to even the score from Saddams days of terror. There is not much comparison of Iraq to N.Y. except that they have each year in N.Y. a large number of random and targeted killings. Like we had in Portland for about 8-10 years between the bloods and Crips. The police finally zeroed in on them and eliminated that problem from our streets.

the average standard of living is increasing each month for the average Iraqi. They are not hunkered down in their basements, cowardly and shaking. They are out in the streets, going to mosques and working. The unemployment rate is high, but still there are over 80 percent employed.

I think the religous leaders of the Shiite and Sunni's are behind a lot of the mass bombings lately and it is sad that they hold so much hate for one another. Another leftover from Saddam and his Sunni brethen.
Nikolai

San Antonio, TX

#86 Aug 16, 2006
Foresttoday wrote:
Hello, you make it sound as if all streets in Iraq are a bomb waiting to happen. According to General Pace that is just not true. It is several areas, that have death Squads looking to even the score from Saddams days of terror. There is not much comparison of Iraq to N.Y. except that they have each year in N.Y. a large number of random and targeted killings. Like we had in Portland for about 8-10 years between the bloods and Crips. The police finally zeroed in on them and eliminated that
Except in NY the deaths were in dozens and in Iraq in hundreds. BIG difference.
Foresttoday wrote:
I think the religous leaders of the Shiite and Sunni's are behind a lot of the mass bombings lately and it is sad that they hold so much hate for one another. Another leftover from Saddam and his Sunni brethen.
So its Islams fault. How Christian of you:)
Foresttoday

United States

#87 Aug 16, 2006
Thanks, for the ugly comment Nikolai,you are a really strange fellow that is always looking for someone to blame for everything and that everyone is wrong but you. I am begining to think you trained under Stalin or some of his bedfellows that lived on after his death.

You seem to hate everything American and I wonder what you ever saw in America in the first place. I can tell you, I love the Ukraine, America and most of the countries of the World. I enjoyed my visit into Russia, Poland and Ukraine. I enjoy reading about the real people of Iraq, and talking to Don Long that spent 8-10 years in Iraq teaching Iraqi's how to construct buildings and develope their country. I do not understand your deep down hatreds for everything whether good or bad.

I am sorry if I went overboard, but I have not heard anything positive from either biomed or yourself on how you would fix what you deem to be so terrible. I am listening.
Nikolai

San Antonio, TX

#88 Aug 17, 2006
Foresttoday wrote:
Thanks, for the ugly comment Nikolai,you are a really strange fellow that is always looking for someone to blame for everything and that everyone is wrong but you. I am begining to think you trained under Stalin or some of his bedfellows that lived on after his death.
You seem to hate everything American and I wonder what you ever saw in America in the first place. I can tell you, I love the Ukraine, America and most of the countries of the World. I enjoyed my visit into Russia, Poland and Ukraine. I enjoy reading about the real people of Iraq, and talking to Don Long that spent 8-10 years in Iraq teaching Iraqi's how to construct buildings and develope their country. I do not understand your deep down hatreds for everything whether good or bad.
I am sorry if I went overboard, but I have not heard anything positive from either biomed or yourself on how you would fix what you deem to be so terrible. I am listening.
Wow, did I strike a nerve or something. It's funny you mentioned blaming others cause your comment about Sunni and Shiites is right up that alley.

You said you “love Ukraine” as you probably say that you “love US”. But those are only empty words. If you are not willing to realize and speak of faults, you don’t love the country you just want to keep things the way they are so they don’t pester you.
I came to US in search of liberties that were denied in the society I grew up in. Unfortunately lately I was more aware of certain dangerous inconsistencies that endanger the liberties that I came to appreciate and enjoy. And if people who born here don't notice well I will feel honored to open their eyes.

My grandfather used to say: "Whatever you do in your life, as soon as you think there is no room for improvement you should quit". So if you looking at the present situation through rosy glasses and saying everything is hunky-dory and where it suppose to be, there is something really wrong. As soon as you stop looking for improvement you might as well quit all together. I know your political agenda forbids you to accept certain plain truths but you can't run from the facts. And saying how wonderful things are with 40,000 civilians and over 3,000 military deaths in 3 years seems a bit silly.

There is a difference between critique and hatred, Bill, you should look it up in the dictionary. You'll be surprised how different one is from the another. It pains and disturbs me to see when someone bluntly runs away from facts and obvious connections just to hold his world view intact and to keep a peace of mind. Keeping your mouth shut about problems while waiving festive slogans around - that's the kind of mentality and behavior that was paraded during Soviet regime. Do you want to make same mistakes? I don't.

P.S. Now about your comment about me, being a pupil of Stalinism. Calling me a commie, working that Cold war stereotype. I see that you have succumbed to the temptation of a lowly comment to attack my background (in a very peculiar and ludicrous way, I must say). Firstly, I doubt you have any kind of deeper insights in order to judge my background from three sentences and secondly, you are showing your very peripheral knowledge of history if you are making statements like that. So in the future, let's keep that hot temper of yours in check, ok?
biomed_guy

Indianapolis, IN

#89 Aug 17, 2006
Foresttoday wrote:
Thanks, for the ugly comment Nikolai,you are a really strange fellow that is always looking for someone to blame for everything and that everyone is wrong but you. I am begining to think you trained under Stalin or some of his bedfellows that lived on after his death.
You seem to hate everything American and I wonder what you ever saw in America in the first place. I can tell you, I love the Ukraine, America and most of the countries of the World. I enjoyed my visit into Russia, Poland and Ukraine. I enjoy reading about the real people of Iraq, and talking to Don Long that spent 8-10 years in Iraq teaching Iraqi's how to construct buildings and develope their country. I do not understand your deep down hatreds for everything whether good or bad.
I am sorry if I went overboard, but I have not heard anything positive from either biomed or yourself on how you would fix what you deem to be so terrible. I am listening.
You arrogant sunabitch. How dare you put down my friend,Nikolai. If you had been listening more than wanting to change the topics to something you wanted to proselytize about the world according to Forest, you would have seen how much Nikolai likes this country. But you can't because you see things one way and if anything differs from that you slam it down.

My father told me never to argue with a fool and I don't have time now to continue. But I plan on finishing later, you ignorant jerk.
Foresttoday

United States

#90 Aug 17, 2006
OOOOh my did I strike a nerve? I still did not read any positive postions by anyone. What would you change, what would be a better solution? No, I do not have a hot temper and in fact I do not have a temper, thank you. I also disagree with you when you say that I always agree with our country. I fought the IRS tooth and nail for 4 years before beating them and being on 60 minutes, I fought our Washington State Department of Revenue over a paltry 65,000 dollars and won, I fought our local Cowliz PUD and won, I went to battle with our county commissioners in Cowlitz County and won, When I disagee with something, I try not to talk it to death, I research and put the fact down with a better plan than they had.

thanks for the name calling, it is very telling of the type of person I am listening to.

Have a nice weekend, and keep it cool!:-)
Nikolai

San Antonio, TX

#91 Aug 17, 2006
Foresttoday wrote:
OOOOh my did I strike a nerve? I still did not read any positive postions by anyone. What would you change, what would be a better solution? No, I do not have a hot temper and in fact I do not have a temper, thank you. I also disagree with you when you say that I always agree with our country. I fought the IRS tooth and nail for 4 years before beating them and being on 60 minutes, I fought our Washington State Department of Revenue over a paltry 65,000 dollars and won, I fought our local Cowliz PUD and won, I went to battle with our county commissioners in Cowlitz County and won, When I disagee with something, I try not to talk it to death, I research and put the fact down with a better plan than they had.
thanks for the name calling, it is very telling of the type of person I am listening to.
Have a nice weekend, and keep it cool!:-)
You mean you fought it whenever it touched your pocket:)
Better solution - higher taxes = more governmental programs like:
1) public transportationa (so people that can't afford a car can get to work and improve their standard of living, and so others don't have to spend so much on gass),
2)public education (that will allow underprivilaged to get higher education and improve their job posibilities so US doesn't have to depend so much on foreign specialists like myself:)
3)fixing roads (the arteries of interstated business)

Don't even try to tell me I don't have any possitive ideas to improve the present affair of things. Unfortunately people are so wrapped up with promise of couple of hundred dollars a year on their paycheck that they don't see past their own nose.
Foresttoday wrote:
No, I do not have a hot temper and in fact I do not have a temper, thank you.
That's very sad. Does that mean you are not passionate about anything?:)
Foresttoday

United States

#92 Aug 18, 2006
You certainly must know something more than I do about what I did! When you wrote, "You mean you fought it whenever it touched your pocket:)" YOu could be not further from the truth if you wanted to be. The IRS was not for my pocket, it was to change the Gestopo tactics they were using in the 1960's and early 70's. The lawsuit against the Department of Revenue was for my clients that we worked for. We were a tax collector and then passed it on to the State, well, some service project were not taxible to Weyerhaeuser Company but to all my smaller timber companies. I ran up a 68,000 dollar tax bill that I did not collect or I would not have been allowed to protest to the state. I was responsible for this money, but it was tax dollars that I did not collect. So, as you can see I fought the good fight for what was right or wrong, not what went in my pocket or the black side of the ledger. Our battle with the Cowlitz PUD would have been cheaper to have paid the 2,500 dollars to have their lines raised over our property, but that was not the right thing to do, because it was our property and they had a spacial esement only, their lines were too low. Once we won and set a precedence other climbed on the band wagon and many landowers did not have to go through the many hours of negoiations as they just used our lawsuit as an example. On and on, we fought for what we felt was fair not the green stuff as you so aptley accused me of with no basis.

That is true, I do not have a hot temper or even an excitable temper. I learn many years ago that the football player that got mad did not play his postition very well, he would not think things through, in life it is the same. At least when I make a mistake it is an honest mistake and I had tried to think it through. Even in our training to fight the Communist Red Army, I did not dislike the men and women that we would one day perhaps fight, I felt our training was for survival to slow the spread of communism.
Nikolai

Laredo, TX

#93 Aug 18, 2006
let's see: it was your business, your clients, your property, your rights... in other words your pocket. So please don't even try to portray your self as a champion of the people:) it doesn't fit with anything else have said so far.
Foresttoday wrote:
That is true, I do not have a hot temper or even an excitable temper. I learn many years ago that the football player that got mad did not play his postition very well, he would not think things through, in life it is the same. At least when I make a mistake it is an honest mistake and I had tried to think it through. Even in our training to fight the Communist Red Army, I did not dislike the men and women that we would one day perhaps fight, I felt our training was for survival to slow the spread of communism.
You are still living in Cold War. Time to wake up and smell the coffee
Foresttoday

United States

#94 Aug 18, 2006
My are we negative today? Just pull up "60" minutes from 1975 and look for Reese Brothers, you will see that we spent thousands of dollars to salvage 750 dollars.

As far as the cold war goes, I guess you are correct if we use different parties, I consider Russia as one of us infidels that the terrorist want to do away with. They are trading their intelligence with the U.S. Britian, Germany and France to name a few. They are more West today than the isolated Eastern Europe under Stalin.

My father in law, a colonel in the Russian Red Army and I laugh at the old cold war and the lies told to them by their government about the U.S. and the lies told to the U.S. Military about Russia and the Soviet Union, by the U.S. Government. So I do not know where you are coming from, but I think I must have given you a wrong impression somewhere along the line. Anyway, I do love my coffee and the smell of it each morning. Yum!
Nikolai

Laredo, TX

#95 Aug 19, 2006
I'm glad we cleared that up since you latest comments were... how shall I put it... less subtle that you claimed:)

P.S. sorry about the dog misspell but then again who is counting, right?;)
biomed_guy

United States

#96 Aug 20, 2006
biomed_guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant sunabitch. How dare you put down my friend,Nikolai. If you had been listening more than wanting to change the topics to something you wanted to proselytize about the world according to Forest, you would have seen how much Nikolai likes this country. But you can't because you see things one way and if anything differs from that you slam it down.
My father told me never to argue with a fool and I don't have time now to continue. But I plan on finishing later, you ignorant jerk.
Sorry, Nikolai, that I presumed you liked the US. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. But your knowledge of US history and politics exceeds that of most Americans. Interest is a form of flattery.:)

As far as the rest of my rant, I do not apologize for. Forest's ugly american role validates what people do not like about the US and that embarasses me. Fortunately, he is really in the minority. Although, it may be hard for you to believe it since you live in Texas!:)
biomed_guy

United States

#97 Aug 20, 2006
Nikolai wrote:
P.S. sorry about the dog misspell but then again who is counting, right?;)
Sometimes your incorrect word usage makes more sense than the correct one. For example, when you said Bush went to Ivory League schools instead of Ivy League schools seemed more correct!

But your mixed usage of god and dog in this instance is unforgivable. I'm counting. That's 1.

PS I'm just teasing you.:)
Nikolai

Laredo, TX

#98 Aug 20, 2006
:( me no speak english good?:)
Tm Clm

Victoria, Canada

#99 Feb 13, 2016
Pope's Mistake........

Why is Pope Francis talking to Kirill??? When the Orthodox /Catholic schism occurred, Russians were still praying to Stones and frogs in Siberia. The orthodox christians were Ukrainian. Serbian or Bulgarian.

At very least Francis should be talking to Bartholomew in Istanbul. Plus Kirill is just a lackey to criminal Pootin with a half million dollar watch on his wrist. He will go to hell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shevchenko, Ukraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diplomatica: New ambassador from the Ukraine wa... Dec '15 George 2
News Human rights groups team up to oppose Canada se... (Nov '15) Nov '15 no Trudeau do not... 2
News Why "the Ukrainians" Lie- Prof. A. Moytl Says t... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Zeppelin 1
News The Story of Ukraine Through Its Many Monuments (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cassandra_ 1
News Ukraine hits 'dead end' as lasting peace deal e... (Apr '15) Jun '15 Zeppelin 64
News Harper to kick off Europe trip in Ukraine (Jun '15) Jun '15 George 24
News Poroshenko Considering Saakashvili For Governor... (May '15) May '15 FASCIST Ukraine 3
More from around the web