When silence is a crime

There are 6 comments on the UNIAN story from Feb 27, 2009, titled When silence is a crime. In it, UNIAN reports that:

Many Ukrainian "enemies of the people" in 1937 were labelled "nationalists". A whole array of sometimes mutually exclusive "crimes" was added as well, of course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UNIAN.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 27, 2009
no comment

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#2 Feb 27, 2009
"Judging by the text in the Russian paper, somebody is aware of the weakness of their position and has come up with nothing better than to push the “nationalist card”. Please understand me correctly"
halya Coynash

this kind of English will not sell anymore

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Feb 28, 2009
It is rather shocking how the EU and NATO... always try to paint nationalism... in a negative light... out of a desire to assimilate everyone... into a one world government...

...but newly independent nations... such as Ukraine... must guard their national culture... and language... from those with such an internationalist worldview.
anemone

Aylesbury, UK

#4 Mar 1, 2009
the art of war of china against the world. chinks are behind all islamic terrorists trained in pakistan and other islamic regions in s russia and all drug trade aimed at destabilising and undermining s aia's and the west's capital. chinks leaders are also sponsoring crime against humanity in asia and africa. chinks will never ever be loved and taken as good people like other powers are. hu and wen or how should all be tried in the international criminal court

“PuTLER Hands OFF UKRAINE !!!!!”

Since: Oct 08

Zaporishya/Vienna

#5 Mar 2, 2009
THX once again Halya Coynash !!!!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#6 Mar 2, 2009
SILENCE is a crime in topix forum.
Silence means your are disgusted, despirtited, dejected and feel helpless.
Let me enjoy the death of silence and birth of vociferous voice please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shevchenko, Ukraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hero or villain? WWII partisan Bandera still an... (Jun '14) Apr 29 FASCIST Ukraine 502
News This Is What European Investors Get For Investi... Apr 26 FASCIST Ukraine 2
News Ukraine hits 'dead end' as lasting peace deal e... Apr 16 Russian Invaders 63
News Crimea leader projects calm on anniversary Mar '15 NAZTY Ukraine 5
News Ukrainian people will wake up soon to see blood... Mar '15 Zeppelin 3
News The neo-Makhnovist revolutionary project in Ukr... Dec '14 Marcelo 8
News Volodymyr YAKYMETS: "There will be no Ukraine l... Nov '14 Ukraine in the Hague 3
More from around the web