TAIPEI: Armed conflict for control of...

TAIPEI: Armed conflict for control of South China Sea unlikely

There are 40 comments on the Asia News Network story from Jun 24, 2011, titled TAIPEI: Armed conflict for control of South China Sea unlikely. In it, Asia News Network reports that:

It's true that Viet Nam is trying to manufacture a war scare over the Spratly Islands, a large archipelago that sits atop very rich oil reserves in the South China Sea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asia News Network.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Malaysia

#1 Jun 24, 2011
Vietnam's 'LIVE FIRE" exercise and Phillipine's action in demanding that any border dispute require US intervention under mutual defence pact with USA over a few uninhabitable islands are "HIGHLY PROVOCATIVE" in nature.
The island are too small to even built a Shell patrol station!
This is about "OIL" and $$$$.
They are trying to start a WAR over it.
In the process get USA to to involved/ drag USA into it.
It may just happen with some idiotic war mongering US congressman and Senator with cold war mentality.
You have a secretary of state Hilary Clinton to me appears to me to be a dissatisfied women with a husband in "Lewinskygate" and "who smoke but did not inhale marijuana!" and in platoon "what's the name of platoon Bill Clinton was supposedly in?" making provocative remarks.
Its like trying to create a crisis.
PRC leaders may respond by increasing the pace and the scope of military modernization in the event of another crisis.
PRC may start to build the muscles too if crisis gets out of hand.
Mike

Since: Mar 08

Long Island City, NY

#2 Jun 24, 2011
The article looks like an invitation to US to muddle the water, and a more subtle guise to raise the international visibility of Taiwan itself.
NGUOI SO CUC

UK

#3 Jun 24, 2011
Mike wrote:
Vietnam's 'LIVE FIRE" exercise and Phillipine's action in demanding that any border dispute require US intervention under mutual defence pact with USA over a few uninhabitable islands are "HIGHLY PROVOCATIVE" in nature.
The island are too small to even built a Shell patrol station!
This is about "OIL" and $$$$.
They are trying to start a WAR over it.
In the process get USA to to involved/ drag USA into it.
It may just happen with some idiotic war mongering US congressman and Senator with cold war mentality.
You have a secretary of state Hilary Clinton to me appears to me to be a dissatisfied women with a husband in "Lewinskygate" and "who smoke but did not inhale marijuana!" and in platoon "what's the name of platoon Bill Clinton was supposedly in?" making provocative remarks.
Its like trying to create a crisis.
PRC leaders may respond by increasing the pace and the scope of military modernization in the event of another crisis.
PRC may start to build the muscles too if crisis gets out of hand.
Mike

hi there,,
according to your opinion regarding south china sea conplict,,.
and your remark about her husband interfeared with MONICA,, LEWINSKY in the past,,.

it seem to me like a personal matter,,.so now she is a difference person, and she does a difference job for her government,,her nation interrested, those mattered in the past it doesn;t effecting her job at this present,is it nearly half of an America population did selected her political party to representing for their country,

the world seem to be ok with that,,.
now let is going to the Asean region of disputed,, that is up to china,, if china does like any other foreign country out side Asean to get involve,,.

then china Authority must find the best and suitable sulution for every nation in that region which were involve in to this disputed, i think china had more capable to so,,. but it doesn't,,.

according to the internation law,,. china knew that,,.why didn't they taking this disputed to the united nation to discussed they concern ?

that mean china acting as a bullied,, don't you agreed ? so what would you do if some one enter in to your property and tooks away your valuable,,.

but you are unable to stoping them ? will you call the law to help you..or just let them take what ever they want ?

that ishow it worker MIKE,,.

SpongeBob

Saint Catharines, Canada

#4 Jun 24, 2011
Hold on to your bums in the face of Red China's dream of conquerring the world, let alone with other international affairs, Taipei! Or just STFU! Aahahhahahaa!
NGUOI SO CUC KHO

UK

#5 Jun 24, 2011
SpongeBob wrote:
Hold on to your bums in the face of Red China's dream of conquerring the world, let alone with other international affairs, Taipei! Or just STFU! Aahahhahahaa!

hi,,,sponge shits..

your body were sink in the toilet,,.
but your mouth still making noise,,

china can burn the world,,. but they didn't.,,so you behave yourself,,.
ghia kong

Taichung, Taiwan

#6 Jun 24, 2011
Vietnam and Philippines should apply to become member states of the USA like Hawaii.

All problems solved!
SpongeBob

Saint Catharines, Canada

#7 Jun 24, 2011
ghia kong wrote:
Vietnam and Philippines should apply to become member states of the USA like Hawaii.
All problems solved!
Why didn't Taiwan do that but living in constant threats from Red China instead? Another...chink philosophy. Aahahhahaha!
US VC r confused

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#8 Jun 24, 2011
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>Why didn't Taiwan do that but living in constant threats from Red China instead? Another...chink philosophy. Aahahhahaha!
Another STUPID spongyhead post!

Hey! Want to try a Drgunzet type of quiz to see how really STUPID you are?

BTW I really like your Ding Dong, King King, Bing Bong, Sing Song way you VC talk, although very disgusting and illogical but like a MONKEY SHOW very entertaining esp. the part where it poke the master in the back or suck his groin.

Hahahahahahahah
NGUOI SO CUC KHO

UK

#9 Jun 24, 2011
ghia kong wrote:
All problems solved!

hi there, your opinion seem to fine,,

if Phillipines Vietnam,, american forms together,,all problems solveds,,!!

how about china ? china won't let them take it easy, like that at all you see,,.!!

the games had been set already,,

America,,, with Phillipines,,vietnam with Russia And American behind as well,,,. CHINA WITH INDIA,,acording to my political predicted and i concludsion that is the TEAMS will playing any games in this disputed,.

further changing might be,,.but that is what had engager,,.otherwise Vietnam won't have had a big mouth like is it now ,,

but in the long running,,,Vietnam are the main country to receiving more sufferring ,,,then Phillipines country will be a dead meats as well,,.

in the end,,.Vietnam,,and Phillipinals will be a BOGEY EATER in the SOUTH EAST Asean Region,,

them Russia Making money,,.America Making more benefit if they win the contest,,,when the games is over INDIA will get nothing,,

CHINA WILL LOSSE MORE THEN ANY OTHER,,.ALL OF THOSE INVESTMENT AROUND THE WORLD ARE ALREADY EFFECTING CHINA,,.

SO I JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST,,.BUT WHAT EVER IT COST CHINA WON'T LET GO AT ALL,,. SO THERE THEY ARE,,.

THE CONTESTANTS,,,, THE TIME SO MUCH INTENDER,,, THERE WE WATCH,!!!!!
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Jun 24, 2011
US VC r confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Another STUPID spongyhead post!
Hey! Want to try a Drgunzet type of quiz to see how really STUPID you are?
BTW I really like your Ding Dong, King King, Bing Bong, Sing Song way you VC talk, although very disgusting and illogical but like a MONKEY SHOW very entertaining esp. the part where it poke the master in the back or suck his groin.
Hahahahahahahah
What the hell a CHINK CHONG SAMA LAMA DING DONG doing in a Vietnam forum?
Didn't I told you to get out of Viet forum before?
NGUOI VIET UK

UK

#11 Jun 24, 2011
Vinamese wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell a CHINK CHONG SAMA LAMA DING DONG doing in a Vietnam forum?

Hed,,hochiminh,,
control your attitude,,.this is a racial reacted,, not very nice,,.

they have every right to put their point of view regarding Asean disputed,,.

you have no right to making this very offences racial abused,,.that is a crime you known that don't you hanoi backy communist violent attituded ?

this is your culture,, your ancester attituded in the past,,. now we are living in a very difference time, so you must changing,,.

or we will put you in prison,,.son of backy hanoi opium puff .

“Is better than Dogma”

Since: Mar 09

Peking Duck University

#12 Jun 24, 2011
Vinamese wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell a CHINK CHONG SAMA LAMA DING DONG doing in a Vietnam forum?
Hey babe, this Subject "TAIPEI: Armed conflict for control of South China Sea unlikely" is posting on multilateral forum so you can see on your Vietnam Topix but also on the Topix China
SpongeBob

Saint Catharines, Canada

#13 Jun 25, 2011
Cow Dung wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey babe, this Subject "TAIPEI: Armed conflict for control of South China Sea unlikely" is posting on multilateral forum so you can see on your Vietnam Topix but also on the Topix China
A loudmouth about little island of Taiwan??? Aahahaahhaa! Forget about it, retard. Take care your pair of tiny islands from your girlfriend and do not let them become...saggy. When Red China takes over Taiwan islands, there won't be no longer fun with your girlfriend's saggy "islands", let alone with bullshit politic. Aahahhahahahhaa!
crayzz ox8thongee

Scottsdale, AZ

#15 Jun 25, 2011
here Ya all again! Man best amigo? bark no bite?

:-000000000h, the Glowball Warm Wor? the last battle of chichihua :)
crayzz ox8thongee

Scottsdale, AZ

#16 Jun 25, 2011
SpongeBob wrote:
Ho^` Chi' Minh Chu? Vo Lam Minh Chu? Ho Chi' Bo^' may` coming sooooooooooon ;-00000000h, lieu hon nghe con
Jim Em

Wuhan, China

#17 Jun 25, 2011
China and Vietnam will come to a peaceful resolution where both profit. They are only in this to test the waters and volley for political position and world opinion.
NGUOI VIET UK

UK

#18 Jun 25, 2011
i knew that the two countries will never fire at each other,,

china trying to protecting south china sea region,,.

from any stranger came from out side Asean to anchors at their territories,,

but vietnam was a very poore nation,,.and need foreigner nation to feed them,,the rich countries using vietnam as a hit man and determent to using vietnam as a their hunting dogs,,.

that is the reason for them hanoi hungry dogs to barked at it owner as a china,,.

untill the richer men releasing some kind of merits for them Hungried dogs,,.then those hunting dogs will come back to it owner as a china,,.

the richer men will meet a double losses,,.
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Jun 25, 2011
Jim Em wrote:
China and Vietnam will come to a peaceful resolution where both profit. They are only in this to test the waters and volley for political position and world opinion.
I think it's best that Vietnam and China can agree with a peaceful resolution because war will be very bad for both countries, and the only winner would be the Americans and Europeans.
NGUOI VIET UK

UK

#20 Jun 25, 2011
Vinamese wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's best that Vietnam and China can agree with a peaceful resolution because war will be very bad for both countries, and the only winner would be the Americans and Europeans.

backy con gio nay moi biet so,, so chet chua con,,??

hung hang,,. big mouth..

i told you didn't i.?.continue to against china man,,CHINK CHONG,?

THEY ARE NICE PEOPLE,,
WE ARE UNITED KINGDOM,, WE CAN SEE THAT CHINA IS NOT A BAD NATION,,

EVEN THEY ARE A COMMUNIST.. BUT THEM HANOI HOCHIMINH BACKY TWO FACES ARE VERY DANGERED,,.

SO I HOPE THAT TWO SIDE WILL SEAT TO GETHER THEN THEM HANOI BACKY HOCHIMINH CONTINUE TO EATER CHINESE SHIT,,. HI,HI,HI,

THEN YOU GO BACK TO CHINA TO CONECTION YOUR GANGSTER TO DO AS A HUMAN TRAFFICKERS,,.THEN PUFF OPIUM,,.
SpongeBob

Saint Catharines, Canada

#21 Jun 25, 2011
NGUOI VIET UK wrote:
<quoted text>.
backy con gio nay moi biet so,, so chet chua con,,??
hung hang,,. big mouth..
i told you didn't i.?.continue to against china man,,CHINK CHONG,?
THEY ARE NICE PEOPLE,,
WE ARE UNITED KINGDOM,, WE CAN SEE THAT CHINA IS NOT A BAD NATION,,
EVEN THEY ARE A COMMUNIST.. BUT THEM HANOI HOCHIMINH BACKY TWO FACES ARE VERY DANGERED,,.
SO I HOPE THAT TWO SIDE WILL SEAT TO GETHER THEN THEM HANOI BACKY HOCHIMINH CONTINUE TO EATER CHINESE SHIT,,. HI,HI,HI,
THEN YOU GO BACK TO CHINA TO CONECTION YOUR GANGSTER TO DO AS A HUMAN TRAFFICKERS,,.THEN PUFF OPIUM,,.
Let me enjoy UK welfare check every month without busting my bums for shitty works...After buying some junk foods I might g spare a few bucks to play with bigtits of UK..ONCE A WHILE. It's better than staying back home. Lazy guys like me would perish long time ago due to...starvation- Quote from UKBUM- Aahahhahahahahhaa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taipei, Taiwan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of people mobbed Taiwan's capital to c... 21 hr TW_sugar_daddio 6
News Finding talent top headache for German firms in... Aug 26 TW_sugar_daddio 1
News The 10 best airports in Asia Aug 23 TW_sugar_daddio 1
News Taiwan's Plastics Machinery Sector Sets Sights ... Aug 22 TW_sugar_daddio 2
News 4 soldiers dead as tank plunges into river in T... Aug 22 TW_sugar_daddio 9
Firm relocations to bolster KaohsiungÂ’s balance... Aug 17 TW_sugar_daddio 3
6 things that make a military coup successful..... Aug 16 TW_sugar_daddio 3
More from around the web